Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

So That's What FS9ers Do!

Composite screengrab today:

woai.jpg

Aren't those numbers astonishing??

I didn't even know there were 155,000 people using FS2004 - I thought it was just us four... :)

Composite screengrab today:

woai.jpg

Aren't those numbers astonishing??

I didn't even know there were 155,000 people using FS2004 - I thought it was just us four... :)

Yes, amazing all right!  Thanks for showing!

Sascha

Sorry, . . . . just three of us. I was bored and downloaded those files 154,996 times! :Big Grin:

Mel

It does appear that's all FS9ers do ...... oh, that and repaints.  When was the last time you saw an add on panel for a popular aircraft offered in the file library?  Scenery files have become a trickle.  AI and repaints seem to rule now.

Disclaimer for those haters out there:  This is just an observation and not a criticism.  I am a true FS9er (don't own FSX and never will).  I have the up most respect for developers who are/have provided add on additions to FS9 ..... always will.  I am happy with what has been done in the past and I'm content with what is offered now.

gwillmot

Someone else is being excluded  :P Now I know where devs get their stats :lol:

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Kinda thought there were a lot more of us out there than most people thought. The FS9 platform is very much alive and well, even if it has been kicked aside by most developers. Thanks for posting those figures.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

It's a great platform, no doubt! I just did a flight in Aeroworx King Air from KBOS to KPHL, and with all my mods, FS2004 still loks great and flyes smooth as silk!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Surely an error ... you know statistics and dam'n lies.

With the imminent release of P3D 2.0 I will be more interested to see how many choose to stay with FSX.  I daresay not too many. :lol:

Am I one of them?

No, not yet.  You must wait until one of "them" defects to FSX.

AI and repaints seem to rule now

Indeed, there are more changes in aircraft liveries and aircompanies than new airports built in real world :lol:

But from time to time there are amazing new sceneries for FS2004. Payware and freeware (f. i. look at the Russian avsim...). I'm very satisfied with what we have, too.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

We're busy flying instead of trolling Avsim and whining about CTDs and low fps. :rolleyes:

We're busy flying instead of trolling Avsim and whining about CTDs and low fps. :rolleyes:

+1

With the imminent release of P3D 2.0 I will be more interested to see how many choose to stay with FSX.  I daresay not too many. :lol:

I'm thinking we'll see history repeat itself and there will be a group of die-hard FSXers that hang on till the last dog is hung, likely the same group that's spent the last 8 years or so chastising the die-hard FS9ers for not "moving on", lol.

Add "bashing payware developers" to your list and you've accurately profiled the bulk of the Avsim community (maybe that falls under "trolling Avsim" however) :smile:

Jim

Yes arm-waving in forums is often associated with Stuff That's Wrong!

We have so much in FS9, we can just get on with it!

And a lack of "new" stuff?

Generally, it's already been done!

I love going back to a quality offering I missed, and being delighted with it.

I will - one day - get round to Tongass Fjords, for instance.

But of course, there are amazing things that pop up:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426225-new-high-quality-scenery-for-ancona-italy-lipy/?p=2851583

And, do not forget we were recently blessed with a very nice B787 - within days I had a brilliant freeware panel up and running, along with several equally brilliant tweaks from the FS community.

154,996 downloads:- and i thought I was a download junkie :lol: .