Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

So That's What FS9ers Do!

14... I meant Fourteen

And ponder this: at this moment in history, nobody here is about to defect to the dreadful FSX!

With P3Dv2 knocking at the door, it'd be like defecting to FS98... :lol:

Hi,

I got a new graphics card (560ti - yes, not top of the line) and thought I would set up my FSX to the same level as my FS9 setup.  So I installed my California 1962 scenery (the new v2 beta version - we at CalClassic are still creating FS9 scenery, including a new Hawaii 1959 to be released soon) and went to KSFO.  The buildings and such looked fine, and all my 1962 AI traffic also looked great (the slider was at 100%).  Any problems?  Anything using an alpha channel for transparency (like 3D words on top of buildings) did cause objects behind it to disappear, and the coastlines and roads didn't match my old locations since FSX wouldn't read my terrain excludes.  So much for FSX being back compatible with FS9!

But the real problems?  I was getting 14 fps instead of my usual 30 in FS9!  And the airport polygon looked like a desert.  And all of the library objects I used were not there, since most use transparency and cannot be used in FSX.

So I quit FSX and went back to my FS2004.  Ah, that's better!  I do use FSX for low and slow flying away from cities where eye candy is most important, but that's only a small part of my flying.  Give me FS9 for my every day sim.

Hey... don't forget me!  :P

OK.......who?

OK.......who?

No one of any merit...

And your question is...?

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

No one of any merit...

And your question is...?

I forget

Morn'n Folks,

LOL - I really tried - honest -- I have a pretty decent overclocked rig - I downloaded the ORBX Pacific Northwest Demo - I purchased Real Air's Lancair - and - I still don't get it... I gave it some time - buzzed around some airports for a few hours - then switched back to my tried and true FS9 sim... It must be me - FSX just doesn't pull me in like FS9... Maybe I need the new P3D ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Surely an error ... you know statistics and dam'n lies.

With the imminent release of P3D 2.0 I will be more interested to see how many choose to stay with FSX.  I daresay not too many. :lol:

What will it P3D 2.0 bring to FS? If only better reflections or shadows, I'll pass again. If we ever get a sim with true elevations at each end for runways, I'll be the first to switch. Until then, the latest and greatest graphic is not a sim changer for me.

Yes, thats what we FS9ers do.. using a lot of AI, and still having good frames..

After landing with the PMDG747 I checked it out with a Cessna.

Dont worry, I edited the AFCAD and all is very fine now.. :-)

FS9-2013-nov-22-003_zpsc9f1fa3d.jpg

Oh my goodness!

A lot of questions spring to mind... firstly, A/C #8 and 9 are about to slapped with a huge fine: stopping on a bridge! Is there no hold-short node??

Second, about the PMDG FDE: did it take 45 minutes to approach and land??   :lol:

If we ever get a sim with true elevations

...that AI can use.

I'd be keen to see how P3Dv2 shakes out, then compare 1 on 1 with a proper FS9.5 install.

I suspect that the aftermarket addon capability is ferocious. See

http://airdailyx.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/airdailyx-interview-with-wesley-l-bard.html

The big players are already onto it.

Oh my goodness!

A lot of questions spring to mind... firstly, A/C #8 and 9 are about to slapped with a huge fine: stopping on a bridge! Is there no hold-short node??

Second, about the PMDG FDE: did it take 45 minutes to approach and land??   :lol:

I personally dont care much for the hold short node, but will try to add it. Good watchfull eye you have.

Second, the FDE, didnt saw much of a problem, but you mean the slow descend ?

Just a little joke... I wondered how you managed to stack up quite such a long queue of AI for takeoff!

Yes, thats what we FS9ers do.. using a lot of AI, and still having good frames..

After landing with the PMDG747 I checked it out with a Cessna.

Dont worry, I edited the AFCAD and all is very fine now.. :-)

FS9-2013-nov-22-003_zpsc9f1fa3d.jpg

Beautiful!

Just a little joke... I wondered how you managed to stack up quite such a long queue of AI for takeoff!

- Edit AFCAD so they take off on one runway only.

- Crank up traffic to 100%

- Enjoy!

:biggrin: