Sign in to follow this  
Sandbag05

No autoland

Hi,

With the fantastic T7 I got a problem in the ILS landing configuration. I have attached a print screen of

runway 18R of EHAM. On the NAV RAD page you can see the frequency of the VOR 110.40 m RTM of EHRD.

It seems to be in a manual mode, because it shows 'M'.

The frequency of the ILS 18R of EHAM is 110.10 VPB 183 so I get on 1750 feet a message "No autoland".

I have tried to put the frequency manually in the NAV RAD page, but with no succes!

Has this issue to do with the 'Cold and Dark 'mode, where I started this flight at EHRD?

Is there anybody who can tell me what I did wrong in this case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Harry

Looking at the screen shot, the FMA shows your not established on the Glideslope of the ILS.

Have you pressed APP (Approach) on the MCP? Also have you selected the ILS Approach for that RWY in the FMC?

To get AUTOLAND you must also be at Flaps 20 around 5 DME and be fully established on the ILS.

Hello,

He has for sure pressed APP buton becouse we can see that it is a little GS on the screen. LOC and G/S aprears just if you press LOC and APP buttons.

In that position its impossible to establish again G/S becouse you are to hy...

I have allmost same problem. I was on approach on KAUS for example and after I inserted ILS freq and Crs I was established LOC and G/S but after a moment I had recieved an ALERT that AP is discconected and missed G/S. I tryed to press again AP button and nothing....It happened again the next day on LROP Approach. The 777 established LOC and G/S but the CRS for LOC was wrong. Enyway after few seconds the same alarm began to *scream* that AutoPilot is discconected and when I wanted to press again the button after one second disconnected it self.

....I have no ideea why...

Sorry for my poor English...I hope I made my self clear enoughf to understand my problem

Best regards

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

With the fantastic T7 I got a problem in the ILS landing configuration. I have attached a print screen of

runway 18R of EHAM. On the NAV RAD page you can see the frequency of the VOR 110.40 m RTM of EHRD.

It seems to be in a manual mode, because it shows 'M'.

The frequency of the ILS 18R of EHAM is 110.10 VPB 183 so I get on 1750 feet a message "No autoland".

I have tried to put the frequency manually in the NAV RAD page, but with no succes!

Has this issue to do with the 'Cold and Dark 'mode, where I started this flight at EHRD?

Is there anybody who can tell me what I did wrong in this case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Harry

Going by the screenshot, you're far, far too high and fast.

You would need a parachute to capture the glide slope.

Hi Tony and Superluminal,

Thank you both for your quick reply! Probably the screenshot is a bad example what I mean. Yes, I have done everything Tony mentioned in the reply.

I will send a new screenshot of the "No autoland"  together with the NAV RAD page.

Best Regards,

Harry

Hi,

Well this is the new print screen. I have noticed that the gear is not ready down and locked... :lol:

Has this issue to do with the NAV RAD page and I started this testflight in a "Cold and Dark' mode.

Best Regards,

Harry

and I started this testflight in a "Cold and Dark' mode.

...and there's the problem.

There's an entire thread that's stickeyed at the top of this forum to help avoid duplicate posts and so on:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

It even asks you - nicely, with a please - to read it before posting.

Particular to your issue:

Found / Fixed / Added for Future Update:

[...]

- Runway/ILS error message after using cold and dark panel state.

Kyle Rodgers

Oké, I will wait for een update of this issue.

The SP will fix it.

Until then, use one of the other panel states.  Cold and dark isn't a realistic state to find a 777 in anyway.

Kyle Rodgers