Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The nothing-to-complain-about post....

Good morning, (or evening), everyone.

I'm presently at the half way point between Quebec City and my destination of The City Centre, Toronto, at 6,000 ft.

Running under a dawn sky by OPUS, over FSXG, UTX, Shade, etc at a smooth sustained 30 FPS (locked 1/2 refresh rate via N.I.), I came to realize that I have nothing more, to ever complain or to criticize, the FSX rendered world, or the performance that FSX is now putting out on my system.

Nothing.

I can only anticipate what a G-snyc monitor will add to the performance/visual mix...and I shall be getting one ASAP.

What I have rendered in my dawn flight, is what I had always imagined it could be like, for a flight simulator to emulate the real world.  This is what I had always wanted, and now have. I think back on the 1998 days of Flight Sumulator '98...and smile inwardly at the green and yellow triangles (literally that) that represented mountains ranges, the very large graphic splotches of green/brown/yellow that represented terrain they were plopped on; dark blue jagged,and totally straight shorelines of coasts and inward water bodies, and as I' m now sipping on my coffee...and looking over a LOD of 8.5 at my OPUS/FSXG/UTX/Shade 'ed world....I am just so simply appreciating what my 3rd party present purchases in combination to the core FSX...renders now under DX9.  

As far as I'm concerned...the 'virtual world' below my wing today is totally mind-easing; plausible.  I"m not so sure that I am going to jump to adopt the Lockheed Martin version at this time, maybe when I see others having great results, but not going to be on the front line..  Everything is working. No further OOM's of any kind, since something happening to my setup after installing and running (of all things...) DX10 Fixer (what a laugh!); can run hours upon hours in the air with FSX graphics set to max, until I land, so for myself at least, I can truly say this morning and onward....FSX/3rd Party is giving me what I had always hoped for as far back as 1982. I am so very satisfied.

No complaints...and only smiles this day forward.

You all have a good 'flight event' whether on the light or dark side of the planet at this time....CHEERS!

Sesquashtoo :)

Could I buy your computer?

I'm taking orders, right now...lol. I guess that I got the luck-of-the-draw. Seriously though, trust me...I had my OOM issues and what not. Bliss has only happened since the last couple of months....I downloaded the DX10 Fixer. Used it a few times, and then found when reverting back to DX9...that the complaint department could be closed down....

My friend, I have been feeling this way for the last year or so....but I am scared to death to say it out loud ...it's too good to be true..... :-)...

Enjoy your flying...!!!

Ciao

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

My friend, I have been feeling this way for the last year or so....but I am scared to death to say it out loud ...it's too good to be true..... :-)...

Enjoy your flying...!!!

Ciao

-------------------------------

Ciao, I was WONDERING if this post would jinx me, lol. Went back to the flight and all was well, lol. You know, the P3D v2.0 looks really good, and sure I'd want to see it on my hard drive, and most likely will; but...with the way FSX is running, with all my purchases also running...I think that this time out, I will sit-in-the-bush and see what the early-must-have adopters say and/or reviews. I'd probably go for the full $199.00, so will wait to see if the advances warrant the financial output. :)

Not sure what mean..... So did the DX10 Fixer fix your original problems with DX9?

-------------------------------

Yeppers...had OOM, CTD's...what everybody else had. I downloaded that program...ran it, went back and forth between DX10 and DX9 a few times...and it has been wild ever since. I did not do anything else that I have always have done to try and get FSX to pony up. I don't touch a thing now..and have my system captured as a system image. FSX is running at a suberb level! I started a thread on this event in the DX10 Fixer forum, but I must stress, that I have no idea in the world what happened post DX10 Fixer install to my system entries, etc. I only know that DX9/FSX now runs on Nitro.

Mitch

FSX is certainly a house of cards. That is part of the fun, no? :lol:

You know, the P3D v2.0 looks really good, and sure I'd want to see it on my hard drive, and most likely will; but...with the way FSX is running, with all my purchases also running...I think that this time out, I will sit-in-the-bush and see what the early-must-have adopters say and/or reviews. I'd probably go for the full $199.00, so will wait to see if the advances warrant the financial output. :)

Same story here.....P3D V2 looks very promising....if initial reviews will show that all my favourite addons work fine in it, I am probably going to switch to it, but no rush for the moment....!

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

It's always refreshing to see a happy post. Cheers to you. ^_^

I completely understand your post. I haven't had to tweak my fsx cfg in quite a few months.  I run at a level of detail I'm happy with, and enjoy a framerate I'm more than pleased with.  I feel very lucky to be flying some of the best looking add-on planes I've ever seen, that also have enough of a touch of realism to the fde and systems to please me.  The world looks pretty darn good already, with the promise that it will only improve further in the near future.  I have some awesome airports to fly into.  At this time, I'm a very happy simmer.

The upcoming P3d will probably get more than a passing glance from me; if it allows me to increase my level of immersion, I'll take a step towards adopting it.  But I don't really need to pin my hopes on it, because quite simply my FSX doesn't need rescuing.

All I can say, is it's a great time to be a part of this hobby.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

All I can say, is it's a great time to be a part of this hobby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1000

Well, my story to all this, has a pre and post element.  For over I'd say, a year and a half, I had dreadful OOM and CTD's that only allowed me to run at the immersion (mostly everything on after-burner) of about 20 minutes of flight before I kissed the desktop.  It was pretty much that way, and I was truly going to write off FSX and fly XPX solely. That's why I was interested in DX10 Fixer as a 'what-the-h*ll purchase...and picked it up. It did give great results, actually no more OOM's CTD's..and folks...IT WORKS!  Well, I then found that I had a few cockpit lights missing with using DX10, by going back to DX9 (through the DX10 Fixer Menu Mask), and testing a DX9 'version' of an airport/cockpit/etc' and then going back to DX10 and writing down what the diff was. I did this about three times. I then on the fourth flip back to DX9 noticed that my FPS were exactly the same now as when running under the DX10 Fixer in DX10 mode.  That's what prompted me in my initial reaction to immediately post the 'What the heck is going on here' post inside the DX 10 Fixer forum. This was impossible!!!   Yet, here I was...at 30 FPS with custom scenery, and BLOOM eganged under DX9.  "No way!", I thought. I also in that session, flew a flight under my normal 'kiss the desktop in 20 minutes' settings, but lo and behold, I flew 90 minutes right down to taxi and end program.

"Well,well, well.........................................................."

The next thing I did, and seriously so, was defragg my system, and then using W7 Ultimate's System Image, grabbed whatever happened, so if I ever had a reversion back to lousy DX9 performance...I could merely bring back that image, and fly DX9 Nitro once more, lol.  I have not touched a thing since then, (no need....as I have FSX pounding out the FPS and feature set to create sheer bliss, and the rest is history.  So that's the story about a man named, Jed. If I had a clue what happened (which I think is rather an anomaly) I'd certainly give a step-by-step for others to follow. In place of that, all I can give, is what I bought, what I installed, what I did in usage, and what happened most unexpectedly because of that usage.  Totally weird that in using a product and running the DX10 Preveiw Mode, via that product, DX9 got jealous, and decided to show its stuff.  Humor aside, basically it is this now upon my system (you can see what I have under my name for the System)...DX9 performs just as well as if running under DX10 with all the benefits, but...now I have full features, and visual/renderings that you get running under DX9 native. I have all cockpit features, runway lights, etc...that under DX10, even with that most excellent DX10 Fixer effort, is not 100 percent verbatim in the rendered scene. What happened?  I don't know.  Am I appreciative?  Absolutely.  I also want to note that on my "what the heck' thread, at least three other members ALSO found they could go back to using DX9, even with the FPS killer BLOOM on, and enjoy my same reported FPS and smoothness performance. So...is this a real collateral effect of using DX10 Fixer and then flipping back and forth a few times with the 'right system spec's', YES! It can be duplicated by some. There is no guarantee offered here.  This could be some undocumented 'fluke' side effect of flipping back and forth between DX10 and DX9 via the DX10 Fixer Program. Steve has said as much, that his program should not be even affecting DX9 at all.  Yet, here I am...and a few others have found the same DX9 enhancement portfolio after I brought this side-effect up. You 'pay your money, and take your chances'. In my books, the bottom line, is that you can't lose in the deal. The DX10 Fixer WORKS!  At the 'low end of the deal', you will be able to seriously use DX10 Preview Mode. At the high end, your system might blow you a kiss, and throw in DX9 'Hybrid' mode (my descriptive creation) for free.  Again, pay the coin, throw it into the fountain, and cross your fingers. You can't lose in the deal, no matter how it plays out........

Happy flying back atcha!  As you say, partner; Sim life is good....and will get even better with the new G-sync (drooling...want one...NOW, that I don't need to modify, so will wait...) monitors if you own a high octane nVidia G-sync capable card.  The GTX680 qualifies.

Mitch

FSX is certainly a house of cards. That is part of the fun, no? :lol:

You are most right.  Be a member at AVSIM for only a couple of weeks, and after getting settled into the forums, you soon and quickly understand that FSX is a hit-and-miss effort, depending on what hardware choices you made for your system, and in your FSX program settings.  There are no guarantees ...hit and miss....hit and miss....and only that.