Sign in to follow this  
peter11

A plea to all software developers: PLEASE stop making fake/Static Jetways.

I am really getting tired of this business between Working Jetways, AES, GSX, And Fake/Static Jetways. Now that GSX is probably favored over AES, this is really getting ridiculous!! I am also getting tired of having 2 marshallers!!

Last night I was flying from Aerosoft's PANC,(With AES) when I called for GSX's refueling, the air stairs parked up the aircraft right inside the jetway. Now I know this is no fault of GSX, but it's a fault of companies not updating their sceneries to natively support moving jetways.

I really LOVE flytampa, but I resent the need to buy even more for the airport, just to have moving jetways!??? Ridiculous!

Static jetways might of made more sense in the Days of FS2004, when moving jetways weren't internally supported, but in FSX there is No reason to not make moving jetways.

It's not even going to make AES go out of business!! They still make AES support for, Let's say, FSDT KLAX, and they make the jetways very nice.

If you don't like the animation of the default FSX jetways... then Buy AES! The scenery developer shouldn't force a customer to choose between ground handling companies.

This is 2013, not 2005, Grow up.  <_<  <_<

I agree too. I hate when airports require AES

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do you know fsx generic moving gates have tons of limits on details? AES bypass those limits.

If a scenery has moving jetways, AES can STILL make better jetways for that Airport! Look at FSDT KLAX. AES isn't just limited to airports with fake jetways. Therefore, there is no reason...

I simply pretend that for whatever reason the jetway is currently inop, that's why the airstairs of GSX are used instead :P!

It's really not such a great deal, and at the few airports where I really would like to have the jetways move I can spend a few AES credits. And for the double marshallers, you can still edit the GSX congiuration if that really annoys you that much.

i know the feeling. One of the reasons that has put me off the new Budapest scenery (for now)

Buy a nice scenery - i.e. Dubai.. then you need to buy AES credits to get the jetway working!

Least airports such as LAX/LAS already have the moving jetways!

If only FSDT makes GSX interact with all payware airports that AES supports, I'd be much happier using just GSX exclusively then.

They already support air bridge operations at all default airports plus their own airports , wonder why they didn't make the jump over competition and offer their own software that supports all airports - payware, freeware or default!

Read an interesting discussion about this elsewhere.  Like with most things FSX, there are different viewpoints.  Some scenery makers believe that the "look" of the FSX default jetways detracts from the rest of their work.  In other words, great realistic looking airport, but the jetways do not match their reality counterpart at that airport.  Another viewpoint is that the default jetways negatively affect the performance (they are not coded right, old code, etc.)  Instead of designing moving jetways as part of their scenery, they design static ones.  It just happens that one could purchase AES credits to "replace" the jetways, with moving jetways and the rest of the features in AES.  GSX offers similar features, but does not replace the jetways.  

For pilots who prefer moving jetways as part of their immersion, the options are limited.  Another pilot in this forum pointed out that his criteria was that if it did not have anything to do with "piloting" he wasn't interested.  Taking that approach would eliminate this jetway issue because no matter how "low cost" the airline is, the pilots do not operate the jetway, open the jet doors, load/unload, refuel, etc.  I would prefer a product that does all of this automatically.  That would really be immersive.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The fps penalty for moving gates is not worth it. It's FLIGHT simulator not gate simulator.

There are much bigger fish to fry in the fsx world IMHO.

If only FSDT makes GSX interact with all payware airports that AES supports, I'd be much happier using just GSX exclusively then.

Because it requires the developer of the particular airport to provide the files to do that. Umberto explained that, and imagine how long that would take.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The fps penalty for moving gates is not worth it. It's FLIGHT simulator not gate simulator.

There are much bigger fish to fry in the fsx world IMHO.

Obviously wrong, default gates do not affect fps that much. Yes, it's an easy way to save FPS, but look at ALL of FSDT's airports. They all have default jetways and FSDT KLAX has excellent frames.

And the same could be said about any add-on. Go say to Fsdreamteam "This is a FLIGHT simulator, not a GROUND handling simulator", or "This is not an airport simulator".

All of the small things add up to make the most realistic experience, so yes, we should focus on this.