Sign in to follow this  
crosherg

Enable Random Failures

Just wondering about the settings on the Enable Random Failures option on the MCE Control panel. I've been a user of MCE for quite a while now and have always had the option ticked but, as best I can recall, I've never encountered a random system failure (as opposed to ones I've caused through my own daft actions, like accidentally switching off an engine in flight or something!!).

So...

- what sort of frequency should we expect to see random failures if we have them enabled?

- is there any way to alter the settings?

- is the MCE Random Failures connected in any way to the Systems Failure settings in the FSX menu? I never have any of the FSX failures enabled (since I find them a bit too predictable) but I'm wondering if that affects the MCE failures at all?

Thanks for any info about this.

Just wondering about the settings on the Enable Random Failures option on the MCE Control panel. I've been a user of MCE for quite a while now and have always had the option ticked but, as best I can recall, I've never encountered a random system failure (as opposed to ones I've caused through my own daft actions, like accidentally switching off an engine in flight or something!!).

So...

- what sort of frequency should we expect to see random failures if we have them enabled?

- is there any way to alter the settings?

- is the MCE Random Failures connected in any way to the Systems Failure settings in the FSX menu? I never have any of the FSX failures enabled (since I find them a bit too predictable) but I'm wondering if that affects the MCE failures at all?

Thanks for any info about this.

Currently only implemented for defaut aircraft, or any aircraft that fully complies with FSX (FS9) SDK. And you need the feature <Call-outs and monitoring> enabled.

For complex aircrat like NGX, failures are triggered via FMC. Could eventually implement it if there is huge deand for it.

Having said that, using the powerful "Voxscript" feature, you can get FO to assist you with any kind of failure. Just tell him what to do.

Thanks, that's helpful to know.

So supposing I'm flying a supported aircraft, like the default 737 for example, how often could I expect to see a system failure then?

Is it a timer based on something like "there will be a random failure every ten flights" or so, or is it based on something more like "there will be a 10% chance of failure every hour that you are in a flight"...or is it some other cunning logic?

Just asking cause I quite enjoy the occasional problem being  pounced unexpectedly.

Thanks, that's helpful to know.

So supposing I'm flying a supported aircraft, like the default 737 for example, how often could I expect to see a system failure then?

Is it a timer based on something like "there will be a random failure every ten flights" or so, or is it based on something more like "there will be a 10% chance of failure every hour that you are in a flight"...or is it some other cunning logic?

Just asking cause I quite enjoy the occasional problem being  pounced unexpectedly.

Failures are session based.

They are limited to the following items, most of which you're more likely to experience with piston aircraft

VACUUM FAILURE

ELECTRICAL FAILURE

PITOT BLOCKAGE

STATIC PORT BLOCKAGE

HYDRAULIC FAILURE

TOTAL BRAKE FAILURE

LEFT BRAKE FAILURE

RIGHT BRAKE FAILURE

ENGINE FAILURE

At least 10 to 15 minutes between 2 consecutive failures.