Sign in to follow this  
voodoo101

Vectors mid route

Just been flying the 777 enroute at 31000 ft. The co pilot was handling radios and all was well. Then mid way the ATC started giving headings, so I turned the plane away from my destination on the heading requested. ATC then kept changing my heading until I was doing cirlces. In the end I disabled VOX and restarted it to which it let my fly my plan. Is this normal or is it something I have done wrong???

Just been flying the 777 enroute at 31000 ft. The co pilot was handling radios and all was well. Then mid way the ATC started giving headings, so I turned the plane away from my destination on the heading requested. ATC then kept changing my heading until I was doing cirlces. In the end I disabled VOX and restarted it to which it let my fly my plan. Is this normal or is it something I have done wrong???

did you file a flight plan for ifr flight? if so thats entirely normal.. flying in circles is unfortunately something that can happen while fsd atc keeps you separated from ai aircraft... even if there appear to be none for miles!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

That solves that mystery. Thanks 

Is there anyway of turning this off as, in all my years of flying, I have never been round in circles. It seems pretty unrealistic.

That solves that mystery. Thanks

Is there anyway of turning this off as, in all my years of flying, I have never been round in circles. It seems pretty unrealistic.

you have several working although non_realistic options...

1..dont fly ifr fly vfr and when they refuse you permission to take off ignore them.!

2..file plan.. take off. get vectored to ur lnav plan then cancel ifr... then when close to destination ideally just before your star file ur ifr plan again.. they will take u from where u are as long as u dont select move plane to start airport!

. you can start.. stop atc ifr at anytime during flight from take off to landing in fsx... you just have to accept its unrealistic.. hope that helps

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK