Sign in to follow this  
Øystein Johansen

3rd party aircraft for Prepar3D v2 ?

Hello everyone :)

I'm planing to buy v2, but before I do, I would like to know if there is any Cessna's (preferably 172) or 737's planed for it? I found some screenshots in Word Not Allowed's blog showing a 737 in P3D v2. Anyone know anything about it?

• Upvote 1

I think you should ask an individual developer if they are going to port their aircraft to Prepar3D. I think A2A is thinking to do that with their C172.

You may find that is the IFly 737 and the default 172. For what I read, anything that currently works in P3D 1.4 will work in 2.0 which is great news.

Sent from my Mobile thing

For what I read, anything that currently works in P3D 1.4 will work in 2.0 which is great news.

Can that be 100% varified because I have heard and seen differnt?

I'm very interested in P3D and I have the same question. I only fly airliners and am wondering what company do I turn to for complex simulations...

I already know PMDG is out.

How about the QW BAe/Avro planes?

The FSL A320, whenever it comes out, I think I remember seeing it will be for P3D.

I think the Majestic Q400 too.

On a side note: I think all the WX programs will work...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I've already seen shots of the A2A 172 in P3Dv2 and it works fine.

I think you should ask an individual developer if they are going to port their aircraft to Prepar3D. I think A2A is thinking to do that with their C172.

The a2a C172 installer already comes with p3d option

The a2a C172 installer already comes with p3d option

That is brilliant news!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I am will to bet my 4.8Ghz i7 4770k that virtually ever FSX addon will work in P3d V2 id not now soon.

Except the one that developers have deliberately prevented from working in P3D.

Hint Hint!

I wonder how long they will be able to hold out after the land slide?

This is OVER, Period!

I have no idea so I'm asking, Will aircraft textures made for DX9 work with DX11? Is Simconnect or any offsets been changed any with P3D V2?

Except the one that developers have deliberately prevented from working in P3D.

Hint Hint!

Heard on the grapevine that it is possible. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I have no idea so I'm asking, Will aircraft textures made for DX9 work with DX11? Is Simconnect or any offsets been changed any with P3D V2?

they've been saying all along that they are working hard to maintain back compatibility so I doubt that they'd change too much.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm very interested in P3D and I have the same question. I only fly airliners and am wondering what company do I turn to for complex simulations...

I already know PMDG is out.

How about the QW BAe/Avro planes?

The FSL A320, whenever it comes out, I think I remember seeing it will be for P3D.

I think the Majestic Q400 too.

On a side note: I think all the WX programs will work...

Hope this helps Cory,

As a commercial pilot, the more complex/realistic the better for me. I don't purchase junk. (At least not intentionally)

QW BAe146/Avro, one word, get it.

I'm not sure on the FSLab 320. Last I heard from the developer it would not be available for Prepar3D, at least not as a normally priced add-on. This may have changed since I last saw this emphatical stance by them. It would be a pleasant surprise but I'm not holding my breath. Some of them are a split from the PMDG family.

The Majestic Q400, simply outstanding. On par or even likely above PMDG in the turboprop department. It is supported in P3D v1.4 and understand it will be supported in v2.0. Like the QW146 the Q400 will not disappoint.

Lots to keep you busy simming with.

• Upvote 2

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

What Lockheed Martin said was that Prepar3d V1.4/FSX  add-ons should work in V2.0 - not that all will work.

Obviously Lockheed Martin can't know the details of all add-ons nor how compliant they are with the SDKs so it's likely to be a matter of trial and error, just like the transition from FS9 to FSX

Hope this helps Cory

Thanks Cpt Wheeler.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma