Sign in to follow this  
Øystein Johansen

3rd party aircraft for Prepar3D v2 ?

Thanks for the responses but it still doesnt answere my questions. Mostly speculation.  It will be answered upon release when other test addons. Thanks

Any developer who does not intentionally prevent their aircraft from working within P3Dv2 will of course make their aircraft compatible as soon as they possibly can, I'm sure. There would be no advantage in not doing so.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Possibly some developers will feel entitled to make an additional charge for P3D versions, don't know if any do/plan to do?

I know some scenery tools with a separate version at extra cost.

As an FSEconomy user, I often need to use older aircraft and sceneries, sometimes FS9 originals or FSX portovers.

For example the PMDG Beech 1900, which works well in FSX, with some issues in DX10.

Most have some minor issues in DX10...

Presumably such issues would be exacerbated in P3D with DX11?

Any experiences?

Cheers

Keith

Possibly some developers will feel entitled to make an additional charge for P3D versions, don't know if any do/plan to do?

I know some scenery tools with a separate version at extra cost.

As an FSEconomy user, I often need to use older aircraft and sceneries, sometimes FS9 originals or FSX portovers.

For example the PMDG Beech 1900, which works well in FSX, with some issues in DX10.

Most have some minor issues in DX10...

Presumably such issues would be exacerbated in P3D with DX11?

Any experiences?

Cheers

Keith

Some might.

I haven't seen any who are going to yet though. I know Orbx, Aerosoft (the things they develop), FSDT, and Flightbeam aren't going to be charging extra. 

For most add ons, it's just a matter of adding a new install path to the installer package. 

As for your second question, I wouldn't count on FS9 models working well and if they had issues in DX10, I'd guess they will in DX11. 

I wouldn't count on FS9 models working well and if they had issues in DX10, I'd guess they will in DX11. 

Agreed, perhaps there is a way of starting in DX9 mode, just for when it is needed - any beta testers reading?

Cheers

Keith

Agreed, perhaps there is a way of starting in DX9 mode, just for when it is needed - any beta testers reading?

Cheers

Keith

Pretty sure they've done away with the DX9 rendering pipeline completely.  Backwards compatibility with old aircraft formats can't be maintained forever...

The Feature Levels supported by a DirectX 11 device are:

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_2

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0

D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476329(v=vs.85).aspx

FSX (and P3D 1.x) use DirectX 9.0c but Lockheed Martin says older models should work in V2.0.

Actually FS9 models work quite well in P3D, sometimes even with less issues than in FSX. It was never about DX9 versus DX10 rendering pipeline, it was simply the buggy interpretation of FS9 models format in FSX.

P3D v2 will require DX11 compatible card and system. It won't work in DX9 or DX10.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

I'm very interested in P3D and I have the same question. I only fly airliners and am wondering what company do I turn to for complex simulations...

I already know PMDG is out.

How about the QW BAe/Avro planes?

The FSL A320, whenever it comes out, I think I remember seeing it will be for P3D.

I think the Majestic Q400 too.

On a side note: I think all the WX programs will work...

PMDG is out only for the 777.  I believe their other aircraft can be installed in P3D.

FSL ConcordeX does not work due to a compatability issue with different versions of Simconnect.

FSL A320 will likely not work.

Majestic - no idea.  Maybe someone else can elaborate on this.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I haven't seen any who are going to yet though. I know Orbx, Aerosoft (the things they develop), FSDT, and Flightbeam aren't going to be charging extra.

JV from Orbx posted today that the updates to their airport add ons may (!) cost you a small fee, depending on what the developer wants (Orbx isn't (always) the developer but sells airports from other developers with its brand stamped on it). Depending on the amount of time it may take to make an add-on P3D-proof, it wouldn't be odd to ask some money for it.

Depending on the amount of time it may take to make an add-on P3D-proof, it wouldn't be odd to ask some money for it.

Been curious about this subject. Reckon I dont find it unresonable to charge a  fee.

JV from Orbx posted today that the updates to their airport add ons may (!) cost you a small fee, depending on what the developer wants (Orbx isn't (always) the developer but sells airports from other developers with its brand stamped on it). Depending on the amount of time it may take to make an add-on P3D-proof, it wouldn't be odd to ask some money for it.

Yeah, I meant the regions they developed, not the stuff they just publish. He said they'll be adding the new lights and P3Dv2 compatibility at the same time to their stuff. That'll be great as their old lighting system was a FPS hog.

Aerosoft is the same. They've been adding free P3D compatibility for the past year to their in house developed stuff (Airbus X, etc). Whether all the stuff they just publish updates is another story.

I think the main reason most won't charge is because most addons only need a new installer option to point to the P3D folder. In that case, the PR backlash probably would outweigh the benefits. 

I know I won't be paying extra if I can just manually install most of my stuff (like P3D 1.4) with just an install path redirect and sometimes a touch more work if their are changes to the .dlls. So if some charge I'll simply weigh my options.

If actual work has to be done to the add-on to make it work (DX11 issues or whatever), then I understand charging an update fee. 

For guys like FSDT and FB who aren't charging, I think they'd prefer having one streamlined installer vs. trying to juggle different updates and versions. That'd be my guess. Easier for support in the long run.

For example the PMDG Beech 1900, which works well in FSX, ...

Keith

Keith! Why have you been hiding FSEconomy from us? (Jk)...I've been simmering for 30 years and I never knew that FSEconomy existed… What fun! Just completed my first flight with some complications as you will see…

FSEconomy has been around for 10 years!...and admittedly has a caution about not supporting P3D, but this FSEconomy is an absolute hoot!!!

It gives you a reason to fly by taking on commercial assignments, by renting a plane ( you have to have that same plane type in your stable… ), choosing an assignment with load of PAX and or cargo, and a destination. You can make money and eventually, once you have accrued the requisite amount of greenbacks, purchase your own aircraft, FBOs and even Airport terminals!

So, here is my FIRST FLIGHT...except for the obvious problems,( no spoiler here… ) the link to my flight on YouTube …

-> <-here....except Avsim deleted it....

AGAIN !!!!

And of coarse Avsim is screwing with me again and deleted the YouTube link… So head over to my "hesynergy" channel and look at the latest post in HD by the way.

BTW Rob, et al, why is your 1080 P so much clearer than mine are… I'm recording them in the same shadowplay you do but editing in moviemaker… Is moviemaker the culprit?

Avsim, for about the 10th time, why are you deleting my YouTube links?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Chas

N.B. Try subbing youtu.be for ChasIsPissed after cutting and pasting this http://ChasIsPissed/n8TU2CmH37c

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Keith! Why have you been hiding FSEconomy from us? (Jk)...I've been simmering for 30 years and I never knew that FSEconomy existed… What fun! Just completed my first flight with some complications as you will see…

FSEconomy has been around for 10 years!...and admittedly has a caution about not supporting P3D, but this FSEconomy is an absolute hoot!!!

Glad you like it...I don't fly without it any more. I now own more planes and FBOs than I know what to do with :)

P3D works just fine, even if not formally 'supported', which is just a EULA complication as FSEconomy is purely for entertainment.

Cheers

Keith

Soooo, Keith,

...what are the top five secret strategy tips for getting started and continuing on a profitable footing??

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2