Sign in to follow this  
shlomy8

A very strange autopilot problem

Hello,

So, after I installed a fresh win7 64bit, FSX SP2, REX OD+ Essential, FSUIPC 4.92 and NGX sp1c [all legal for the sceptic...].

It is really that strange problem, so first of all here is a video [with annotations]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xIQaO0RaPs

And now I do the explain (although I wrote it all in the video review):

The problem can occur on takeoff (as in the video), or in the middle of the flight (a part of the video).

On the ground, after the N1 is on 40%, and I push the TO/GA, the throttle remains on its position although I can't move it (it is on AT arms...),

So, I'm disengaging the AT, put the throttle on maximum and return back the AT and TO/GA.

After the takeoff, there is the other part of the problem, and this part can occur in the middle of the flight (if the first one didn't):

The auto trim  and the auto throttle stop to response, the plane start to draft from the magenta line and tilting to the right.

as I push the VNAV, the trim "jump" once, and keep on freezing.

When I'm trying to make an override to the controls, by moving the yoke, the plane starts to make a right hand roll that I can't control, just if I disengage the AP bar.

I managed to find, that if I pause the sim for 5 sec while one of the errors occurs, it fixed it self.

Really my friends, I try to reinstall all, to disconnect the yoke and fly with the keyboard ( :/ ), fly without weather, in the day, in the night... but nothing changed.

I also found, that the autopilot of the default planes is making some kind of problem, like pulling the trim all the way up (but after I reinstall the FSX it stopes).

Here is 2 videos of the old problem:

Default C172 autopilot

Default 737 autopilot

I hope you could understand my problem,

and if someone have any idea how can I fix it without reinstall the whole windows again... god will bless him :)

Thank you

(Yes, I sent a ticket for the PMDG costumer service... didn't answer me yet, and it is important that other will see it too)

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

X real ATC: LLHA, LLOV, LLET

"Why fly a single airplane, when you can control many more" \ ATC

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

So, after I installed a fresh win7 64bit, FSX SP2, REX OD+ Essential, FSUIPC 4.92 and NGX sp1c [all legal for the sceptic...].

The thing I would be most suspicous of is the FSUIPC 4.92.  Have you tried disabling this and tried a flight? Or looked at it's setting. I remember when I did dabble with it it used to interfere, simply because there are a lot of options, to get into trouble with.

I did as in the manual, just deleted the fsuipc.ini... same problem.

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

I'm sorry i don't know.  I'm sure somebody will step in on this post.  Other than that, check all your PCs user account permissions are as free as possible.

I'm sure I free it all :)

Do you have some tips to check the freedom of my PC? :)

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

In the FMC ngx option there is an option that the yoke/joystick override the auto throttle, try to desable that option.

In the FMC ngx option there is an option that the yoke/joystick override the auto throttle, try to desable that option.

That was one of the first steps I did... nothing

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

So,

It is still making this strange thing, but now I payed my attention on these things:

• The "bug" is gone when I open the FSX menu and clicking on something and get back to the flight.
    Is it possible the the UIAutomationCore.dll that I have to fix the menu crashed is affecting?

• My CDU settings about the throttle override is "NEVER", so after I push the A/T, LNAV, VNAV and CMD, I put back my Saitek Throttle on idle (because it is so sensitive that it have a small moves that can disconnect the A/T while takeoff).
    In the descent, while passing altitude 8000-6000 feet, the yellow caution light is on, there is a beep-beep sound (like if I opened the throttle on the ground) and of course the drifting and the rolling etc.
    The caution and the beeping stopped when I move my Saitek throttle, as like there is some kind of effect even if the settings should prevent that.

My next flights will be with no add-on scenery on, and I'd replaced the UIAutomationCore.dll to an other version, hope to find that it is the problem.

So far, as the PMDG support are trying to help me (although the keep on trying to explain me that the SID on the youtube clip isn't right... but I'm keeping on tell them that it is just a demo of the problem, and it keep going at every sid/star in every place), there is no solution...

Hope to update you soon with some good news.

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

Hello,

So I made a screen video of the sim, while the bug appear. one from takeoff and one mid-flight.

Here there are:

Takeoff

http://youtu.be/ERoh8ZEe_7E?t=23m

As I push TOGA, the throttle do nothing. So I disabling the A/T and move it manually.

After T/O I push the VNAV, LNAV and CMD and the plane start to roll for no reason. I can't take control with just moving my yoke until I disengaging the A/P bar.

Mid-Air

http://youtu.be/o9K-JLIq0Es?t=39m30s

While descanting (can appear in every part of the flight), I get the beep-beep without any reason.

And as I try to override the controls by moving the yoke to the left (or right), the plane start to roll right, as in the takeoff phenomenon.

I'd tried to do everything, as disabling the FSUIPC (although the controls assigned via FSX itself), disabling some sceneries, reinstall NGX and fly as it is, fly with sky clear weather, fly with no internet connection...

But still, the problem keep going on different part of the flight.

I'm still emailing with PMDG support.

Do someone have any idea? clue? this is very frustrating as I made a complete format of my PC just to check if something went wrong.

Thank you

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

You shouldn't have your throttles assigned in both FSUIPC and FSX - choose one or the other and make sure you delete assignments in the other.  If you're using FSUIPC to control the throttles, delete any FSX assignments relating to throttles.  Also if you are using FSUIPC, do not calibrate the throttle axis, only assign them in FSUIPC.  Calibrating the axis causes all sorts of problems.  Check all of your hardware assignments as it sounds as if you have "crossed" assignments.  I noticed that when you first started the NGX, engine number 1 was running even though no fuel was selected and the fuel lever was at cutoff, so there may be a glitch in your setup.

Rob

Also delete any engine assignments in FSX relating to the throttles.

Rob

Hi,

It looks as if you have conflict with FSX controles and FSUIPC controles.........Have you disabled FSX controles in the settings..If you havent there will be a conflict between FSUIPC and FSX.......I hope that helps you.............Also I notice you have the input bar enabled in the FMC ...disable it.you will have all sorts of problems if you don`t.......

Brian....

Hello,

Thank you for your attention.

First I had thought it was the FSUIPC, altough I didn't assigned any controller with it as PMDG Recommend, so I deleted it but still the same problem.

So, now I'm thinking about some bad scenery or the weather (as I use the REX via client PC).

I'm doing some test flights. the first flight was without anything (no FSUIPC, no weather, no scenery), just a clean install of the PMDG... and it worked fine!

So, now I'm doing some flights that every flight I'm enavling different thing.

Until now, I did a good flights with FSUIPC, LLBG v2 scenery...

I'm keep on suspect that it should be the REX... as my next flights will be with the auto-weather of the FSX itself.

Will keep on update

Thank you all

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

So,

As the PMDG support had suggest: Make a flight with no weather on and push the TO/GA with right click on the mouse.

Took a flight form LCLK to LLBG, default NGX 800, default C&D panel, weather "Clear Skies", clean FSUIPC (deleted the INI as suggest on the PMDG manual).

No fail is on, neither the FSX or the NGX options.

At the descent, something around the middle of it, I got Caution light on, beeping sound (like the one you get if you put full throttle on the parking), and auto-fail light on the overhead (as seen in the picture).

Tried to Clear-All the fail via the FMC options, but with no luck as it keep on caution and beeping.

Now, I think, that although it may be some weather problem... there is something more than that... what? don't know.

BUT, I found some old topic with the same problem, here in the forum. No solution in there.

and here is another post, as comment #7 sounds exactly the same as my problem.

What about now? I'm getting mad :\

Can it be maybe the DLL.XML file?

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XO-j-WQ0fG8

PROBLEM SOLVED

I couldn't believe to the solution... so unexpected.

After I found this thread, as it looks like the same problem as I have, even in the youtube clips there... I realized that I'm not crazy and some one had it too.

Then I read that the problem is form the BIOS... (?!?)... how doe's the bios making so much problem with the PMDG?

I don't know the answer, but I know that the registration file of the NGX need the BIOS clock to be in sync with the WIN clock...

So, after all this work, the reinstall of everything, the flights from there to there just to get the bug in the final or in other different places, the endless emailing with the PMDG support (just to tell me that my flight profile isn't good... although I sent them pictures, clips and tried to explain that it could happen in different airports with different panel states)... after all these mess, I just sync the BIOS clock... and...

It is working!!!!

Thank you very much for your help

Shlomy Luxenburg, Israel

www.vatil.co.il

860003.jpg