Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Question

When you buy one of the options, do you have to renew your sim each year or only when there is a new version.

Just like FSX - you buy it once, until there is a new major release.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic, Thank you, I think I may get it and try it out ,  I use FS9 and think this may be a good edition for me to fly some small GA acrft in. I wish they would incorporate real time wx, that would be a big selling point for me. I really like what I see in the program. I am using W7 64Bit quad core 8gb ram what do you think?

When you buy one of the options, do you have to renew your sim each year or only when there is a new version.

You only need to purchase a license once. Unless you decide to purchase the developer's version which is paid monthly.

Do either of you own it and how do you like it? Is the stock version good by itself? Does it cover the north and south poles?

If you're referring to the current version of Prepar3D v1.4 than yes it does cover the whole globe. The stock material is the same as found in FSX, although slightly improved. Version 2.0 will not change in this regard. I have owned and used Prepar3D over the last 2 and a half years. Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Take note that v2 hasn't been released yet so nobody actually owns it. Also, the prices on the P3D site are for the current 1.4 version. The site will be updated the coming week. So don't buy something yet!!!

Okay guys I will wait for next version , really think I am going to try it.  One last thing, the ATC included, is it better then FSX or FSX stock. I use RCV and as I write this do not know if it is compatable. I think the underlying questions/list  to make it a total package as I currently have on FS9,

FS Globe

RCV or better ATC

My Traffic

All other add-ons I have ( not including planes) will work .

If you could shed some light on these products or similar to bring program visuals up would be appreciated. Thank you all

ATC is stock FSX.

A user of Oncourse Software's ATC Pro Flight 2000 stated it worked in P3D v1.4. I can't see that changing for v2.0 but we'll have to see when it comes out.

The developer of My Traffic, Burkhard, has made a P3D compatible version called My Traffic 3D. He was offering a discount for an upgrade for existing users so this option is available for us.

No one can state whether all your add-ons will work or not as V2.0 has not been released yet, so no light can be shed on that topic, but I believe if it works in v1.4 it will work in v2.0. Your best bet is to conduct searches on your items on their forums to determine their compatibility with V2.0 as the list of available add-ons is just too large and outside the scope of anyone giving you a blanket answer.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Thank you all for your remarks and answers, this is looking good

One think I might add...

I do hope that any future "Upgrades" are in situ rather than having to do a fresh install everytime.

Obviously a major upgrade like this one needs a fresh install.

Dave

One think I might add...

I do hope that any future "Upgrades" are in situ rather than having to do a fresh install everytime.

Obviously a major upgrade like this one needs a fresh install.

Dave

I don't have the link, but LM has stated on the Prepar3d website that V2.0 updates will be be like a patch, not a full install as is V1.4.

Lyn