Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Proper Nvidia Inspector settings wiht DX10 fixer?

Hi guys, please could be someone so kind to help me on proper setting of NI for use with DX10 Fixer? I've reinstalled FSX from scratch and gone a bit missed.

1) which are the basic setting in NI?

2) the latest version of fixer? I downloaded now from FSStore, suppose is the last.

3) in FSX: AA on and AF on trilinear?

4) setting FXAA on NI what means, does it improve graphics or performance?

5) do you use bloom? do you find it reduce performance?

Many many thanks

• Upvote 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I recommend to study the "How-To" thread and also look around at the forum. There are many, many samples to find.

Spirit

I recommend to study the "How-To" thread and also look around at the forum. There are many, many samples to find.

Spirit

Thanks Spirit, I know that guide, I was referring to how specifically setting up NI with DX10 Fixer, not with Shader Fixer.

So the NI settings is the same?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I'll take a screeshot of mine when I arrive home tonight and will post it here.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Am I the only one not using Nvidia Inspector?

I have it installed but find settings are fine as they are without tweaking.

I've tried various tweaks suggested here and elsewhere but always end up going back to a "vanilla" setup which improves performance and FPS.

Just wondering!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

On my rig it makes a difference, undoubtedly!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Here is a "normal" Inspector setting, Riccardo. All of these settings apply to FSX when using DX10 - whether the shader patches or using the retail DX10 Fixer. 

Nov_19.jpg

1). The first setting is under "Compatibility", at the very top:-

"AntiAliasing compatibility (DX1x)" .........set this to "BioShock". (Courtesy of "VeryBumpy")

This will fix the AA for aircraft shadows on the ground.

2). AntiAliasing - Behavior Flags - "None", as AA is controlled from FSX.

3). AntiAliasing - Mode - "Application-controlled" - because Inspector cannot force AA with FSX DX10. AA must be ticked in the FSX "Settings" facility.

4). AntiAliasing - Setting - "Application-controlled/Off".  Same reason.

5). AntiAliasing - TransparencySuperSampling - "4x SGSS" (in this case) to control shimmering in water  and trees, etc. This number should be the same as the MultiSamplesPerPixel, as set by the DX10 Fixer entry in the FSX.cfg, under [Graphics]  Usually set to 2x, 4x or 8x (8x is a big load on the system)

6). Nvidia Pre-defined FXAA Usage - "Allowed". (if you wish) This will clean up the spinning aircraft jaggies, and will add some post-processing AA.

7). Toggle FXAA On/Off - "Off" (in this case) I don't care whether the spinning aircraft has jaggies or not.

8). Anisotropic Filtering Mode - "Application-controlled" - set in FSX's Settings

9). Anisotropic Filtering setting - "16x" - for good non-blurry lines, edges as the objects recede. Study a yellow taxi line with this on and off, to see the result.

10). LOD Bias - Set to "-1.0000", re this doc. to compensate for blurring caused by SGSS.

11). Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias - Set to "Allow" so that 10). above can work.

12). The next three are fairly self-explanatory.

13) and 14). These two are required for fullscreen Vsync control, and will need "DisablePreLoad=1" in the fsx.cfg (under [Main]), and "30" fps being set as the UpperFrameLimit under [Display]

OK!

• Upvote 4

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Here is a "normal" Inspector setting, Riccardo. All of these settings apply to FSX when using DX10 - whether the shader patches or using the retail DX10 Fixer.

Posted Image

1). The first setting is under "Compatibility", at the very top:-

"AntiAliasing compatibility (DX1x)" .........set this to "BioShock". (Courtesy of "VeryBumpy")

This will fix the AA for aircraft shadows on the ground.

2). AntiAliasing - Behavior Flags - "None", as AA is controlled from FSX.

3). AntiAliasing - Mode - "Application-controlled" - because Inspector cannot force AA with FSX DX10. AA must be ticked in the FSX "Settings" facility.

4). AntiAliasing - Setting - "Application-controlled/Off". Same reason.

5). AntiAliasing - TransparencySuperSampling - "4x SGSS" (in this case) to control shimmering in water and trees, etc. This number should be the same as the MultiSamplesPerPixel, as set by the DX10 Fixer entry in the FSX.cfg, under [Graphics] Usually set to 2x, 4x or 8x (8x is a big load on the system)

6). Nvidia Pre-defined FXAA Usage - "Allowed". (if you wish) This will clean up the spinning aircraft jaggies, and will add some post-processing AA.

7). Toggle FXAA On/Off - "Off" (in this case) I don't care whether the spinning aircraft has jaggies or not.

8). Anisotropic Filtering Mode - "Application-controlled" - set in FSX's Settings

9). Anisotropic Filtering setting - "16x" - for good non-blurry lines, edges as the objects recede. Study a yellow taxi line with this on and off, to see the result.

10). LOD Bias - Set to "-1.0000", re this doc. to compensate for blurring caused by SGSS.

11). Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias - Set to "Allow" so that 10). above can work.

12). The next three are fairly self-explanatory.

13) and 14). These two are required for fullscreen Vsync control, and will need "DisablePreLoad=1" in the fsx.cfg (under [Main]), and "30" fps being set as the UpperFrameLimit under [Display]

OK!

Thank you very much Paul, it's very kind of you.

Riccardo

Thanks Paul!!  I thought I'd read somewhere about not using a LOD bias (don't remember what it was in relation to now but I thought something with DX10) so I've had it on clamp.  However as you mention while SGSS is great at transparency AA and stopping the cockpit shimmers, it also makes things a bit fuzzy.  Thankfully not NEARLY as bad as DX9 though for whatever reason. I'll definitely be testing with LOD bias on now.

I used to run SweetFX with the lumasharpen effect on to counteract the fuzzy, but that was in DX9 and it would randomly kill FSX on me. I never bothered to set it up and re-tweak for DX10 because I found my settings file reacted differently in DX10 with much stronger contrast etc. from the curves effect and some others.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I wonder if Vsyc works at all when working across 3 monitors.    Even with Half-Refresh and FPS locked at 30fps I get tears, especially when panning up quickly.   I have tried everything.  Maybe I have mistyped something but it is making the process of doing videos daunting as I can't eliminate the tears.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I wonder if Vsyc works at all when working across 3 monitors. 
- Yup, it do, Kuragi, but saying that - I'm assuming you're talking about FSX (and Windows) seeing the three monitors as one single wide monitor, as with the Matrox TH2Go system, or Nvidia's Surround system - right? 

Many times people use two plus one, or some other such configuration, and have lots of problems - some fixable, some not.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

- Yup, it do, Kuragi, but saying that - I'm assuming you're talking about FSX (and Windows) seeing the three monitors as one single wide monitor, as with the Matrox TH2Go system, or Nvidia's Surround system - right? 

Many times people use two plus one, or some other such configuration, and have lots of problems - some fixable, some not.

Yeah.  It's configured in 3 screen as 1 mode.   All my 3rd party add-ons that have displays and stuff run on my laptop next to my PC via SimConnect and WideFS such as Aivlasoft's EFB so I don't need or want to fly in windowed mode.    My frames are smooth for the most part just can't seem to rid myself of tearing.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hmmm good stuff! Well, Kuragi, here's an Inspector example that works - just copy the bottom two lines, set "30" in your FSX settings or [Display]Upper_FrameRate_Limit, and put "DisablePreLoad=1" under [Main].

This will give you Vsync in FullScreen.

C'mon back if it doesn't!

pj

Hmmm good stuff! Well, Kuragi, here's an Inspector example that works - just copy the bottom two lines, set "30" in your FSX settings or [Display]Upper_FrameRate_Limit, and put "DisablePreLoad=1" under [Main].

This will give you Vsync in FullScreen.

C'mon back if it doesn't!

pj

And of course the ForceVsync line as well?     4xSGSS.... T_T    If only that setting didn't utterly absolutely destroy my frame rate whenever a cloud appears on the screen.     I use 1024 clouds and weather I am at 60 miles or my preferred 100 miles draw distance, clouds murder me if I turn on SGSS.  With it off, smooth as glass but a get a few shimmering pixels here and there in the cockpit.

100454.png

Brian Navy

And of course the ForceVsync line as well?  

No. 

ForceWindowedVsync=1  <<<<<<   This one is the only one which should be used inside the fsx.cfg, It makes FSX manage it's Vsync when in the windowed mode. When using fullscreen it is better to let the GPU driver do it.

Did you try 2x SGSS?