Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Proper Nvidia Inspector settings wiht DX10 fixer?

No. 

ForceWindowedVsync=1  <<<<<<   This one is the only one which should be used inside the fsx.cfg, It makes FSX manage it's Vsync when in the windowed mode. When using fullscreen it is better to let the GPU driver do it.

Did you try 2x SGSS?

Hey Paul, thanks for the help.    The tearing stopped when I disabled the Forcing in the CFG file.  The flight out of KSFO was beautiful... right up until the point I was turning left and the game crashed with a MSVCR80.dll fault... which is new.   I have never had that one stop my game before.    I changed the SGSS to 2x but left AA to 4x in DX 10 Fixer.    Could that seriously have caused this new sudden crash?   I just.. wanna...  cry....   every time I fix something, something else breaks.   Apparently you a Masters Degree in order to fly FSX for any extended period of time..  :(

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hmmmph.

Nope.

Good and Bad, right!  What aircraft were you flying?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hmmmph.

Nope.

Good and Bad, right!  What aircraft were you flying?

PMDG 737 NGX.     I set everything to 2x and redid the flight on VatSIM today and no crash.    Such a fickle beast.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I just wondered.... I had the F1/Coolsky DC-9, and the install became a nightmare because of that dll. I actually had to download and re-install a new one. sfc /scannow didn't fix it: neither did chkdsk , but the DC-9 relied on that file as part of it's security setup.

I wouldn't say it's fickle, though, Kuragi.... if that were true there wouldn't be guys on the forums that never have pc problems - hardware, software or even FSX, and there are lots of them around.

Anyway - glad you had at least one flight that went the right way!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

..well guys, I had the same error yesterday on a flight from kjfk to ksea with the 321 ext. , and when I selected the star..crash!

But I don't think that is a problem of the nvidia setting..

We'll see today...same flight!

I am soooo confused on the NI settings.  No matter what I do, there seems to be no changes in FSX.  I set my computer back to factory default, reinstalled FSX Acc, EZDOK, and DX10SceneryFixer.  Then I searched through all the threads looking for different NI settings, and, I think I've tried five or six, and nothing seems to make a difference. 

So, what is NI supposed to do?  The below are my specs.

Windows 8

i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

GTX 660

Driver version:  331.82

FSX Accelerator

DX10SceneryFixer

EZDOK

Some Orbx sceneries

I guess what I'm trying to do is not see blurry scenery out about 5-10 nm from the aircraft.  The changes I made in FSX.CFG file are:  HIGHMEMFIX=1, changed LOD_RADIUS=4.5 to 5.5.

Is there anything I need to do in the NVIDIA Control Settings?  And/or, do those settings need to match NI settings?

I hope I've given enough info for someone to assist me.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Rod

Rod Beck

Is there anything I need to do in the NVIDIA Control Settings? And/or, do those settings need to match NI settings?

The display driver settings will change as you make the changes in NI.  Make sure you have FSX Profile selected and not the Global Driver Profile.  A lot of people innocently miss that when they open up NI.  Make sure you click on Apply Changes in the upper right hand corner of NI after making your changes.

If you want to see some really great (actually awesome) settings and information, please check out the new AVSIM Basic FSX/P3D/FS9 Configuration Guide.  Version 2 was just released.  A link to the download is in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim.....Thanks a lot for the response.  I'll check out the guide...thanks.

I'm sure I had selected FSX Profile and would select Apply.  But, you never know, I might've had some brain cramps happening...ha.

Again....Thanks a lot.

Rod

Rod Beck

Hi Rod; You have my commiserations for the troubles you're having, but you should know - we've all been there at one time or other, and that lightbulb comes on for different folks at different times!  I will try and put you into a position where it's a little slower to achieve the success which you would like, but will be a lot less confusing, and with a bit more reading! If you've been following the P3D discussions - there are as many "Issues" as we have here, and this has been the case with FS 2000, 2002, 2004, and FSX - even SP1 to SP2! Nothing is new.

To answer your written questions, and get them out of the way - 

1). HIGHMEMFIX=1 has to be in the fsx.cfg. It was left out of SP2 when it was released, and is very necessary.. 

2). Put your LOD Radius back to 4.5 - your processor doesn't have the ability to create this number of objects, while creating all the rest of the needed objects. Start off with a minimal configuration, (and minimal expectations) - and then build on it by good testing. Here are the performance killers.

Firstly - go to the top of the Discussion forum and read the How-To guide. It's a little dated (as the retail fixer is out now), but much/most of the cfg settings will still be valid.

The first thing you need to do is to move that processor to 4.2 - 4.4 GHZ.  FSX in any form is better as the processor is woken up. Below 4.2 GHz one may as well stay with FS9.

Secondly - use only Inspector to control the graphics driver, ads it has a number of extras (that are needed) over the Control Panel. The one in the How-To is adequate - you might drop the SGSS down to 2x, that's all.

Last - it's difficult - actually near impossible - for anyone here, to give "an educated opinion" of the settings beneficial to your particular pc system, and so I would ask that you copy your existing fsx.cfg and rename the copy as "Rod_fsx.txt", and then attach it your reply by using the "More Reply Options" (bottom-right).

From this we can give/suggest settings which, while not being the "prettiest" settings, will at least give you some decent performance, and a baseline for you to build on. 

Meantime - read the doc, read the Fixer manual, with particular attention to the AA settings, and it's two entries into the fsx.cfg. (I will expand on this in the next reply post).

For thousands of FSX'ers - the DX10 option is going to be the alternate to P3D for those folks who don't want to go through the aggravation and cost of that change. FSX - DX10 is pretty smooth: it doesn't suffer from OOM's: some parts of it are prettier: it "feels" solid, with very few CTD's or blackscreens; and most everything that was DX9 now works just fine in DX10. With a half-decent system - one can find a pretty good FSX experience following the move. 

It's getting on bed-time here in Ontario, so -

All the Best, Talk at you tomorrow,

pj

Thanks a bunch Paul.  I'll see what I can do with your ideas and suggestions and let you know.  Hopefully tomorrow.

Rod

Rod Beck

Paul,

I read through the documents....great info.

As you will see in the fsx.cfg, I made a lot of changes.  And, as far as I can tell, FSX seems to be very crispy now, and the framerates higher.  Of course, it could be my imagination.

Also used your NI settings from the document.

You mentioned about upping my processor to 4.2 -4.4.  Do you mean overclocking it?  If so, I've been wanting to do that but, I'm too chicken, and I have no idea what to do.  I'll definitely need assistance for that task.

Thanks a lot.

Rod

Rod Beck

Good man!. Thanks, Rod - it makes the whole thing go much easier when we know the numbers!

The config looks quite ok - dependent upon the particular flight, I would recommend using only AI or GA - not both, as when sitting in the left seat of a 737, one would want to see a "goodly number" of similar aircraft around the airport, and if GA entry has numbers as well - then every GA airport/airfield within 150 miles (I think) is going to have..... GA aircraft.... which you can't see, and don't care about - right? The same applies in the reverse situation. You will pick up a few frames by limiting traffic to meaningful traffic.

Also - if you've used the Inspector which I had linked - you will need to use 30 as instead of unlimited for your framerate. As well - 1920 x 1080 is a widescreen monitor, so turn that on too, with "WideViewAspect=True" under [Display].

Everything else looks dead right, and you should have some modest performance set as is.

The next part has a little work attached, as - yes - moving the proc speed up a tad, is overclocking - which the 17's all do very well, and the 3770 is an ideal candidate to move to 4.4 without a lot of concern for overheating and "over-volt-ing". How well it will behave is dependent upon the cooling system - often a good air-cooler will be adequate, (but bulky) and for a very few dollars more one can pickup a very neat solution in the form of a Corsair H80i or an H100i. What I would now recommend is for you to make the changes noted above (or ask back here for clarification or other comment), run the sim for a few days, getting the feel of it, and becoming familiar with the differences, water, trying bloom, and so on, while at the same time doing a Google search for "Overclocking the 3770k" - you will get lots of hits, and can come back here with some more questions and with some expectations of the process moving forward. There are a number of options open here, and some familiarity with  the terms, which site is better (the mobo manufacturers will often have their own guides), and some links to a couple of good sites will remove some or most of that trepidation which you now feel - ok!

'Till next time,

All the Best,

pj

Thanks a million Paul.  You've been a lot of help.  I'm now on my way to the web to search how to overclock my cpu.  

I used to use WideViewAspect=True until I purchased EZDOK.  And, I always fly in Window Mode so I didn't think that setting would make any difference.  I'll go ahead and try it, then readjust my view settings in EZDOK.

Again Paul, thanks a lot.

Rod

Rod Beck

OK!  What motherboard do you have, Rod?

Hi Paul,

My motherboard is:

Pegatron Corporation

Model 2SD5

Intel

Ivy Bridge

There's more info also, I hope that answered your question.

I just went into my bios, and found an option to overclock.  I selected it and it showed the following:

Core 1.....39

Core 2.....39

Core 3.....38

Core 4.....37

Not knowing what that meant, I still changed them all to 44.  What do you think?  Bad move?  I don't want to overheat anything, or blow it up..ha.  I don't know what those numbers mean.

I haven't started FSX yet, as I need to know if I did the wrong thing.  I searched the web for overclocking on my computer and there were no straight answers I could find.  So, I just did it.  And, how do I know it's overclocked?

Rod

Rod Beck