Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

I cannot uninstall Win 8.1 to reload Win 7! HELP! Please Save Me!

This is serious!

I have been trying to get Windows 8.1 to co-operate with me with recognizing my RevoDrive X2 (not 3 X2) and it is a no-go in every way.

So far I have not been able to go back to Windows 7 Home Premium no matter what I do. Any info on the internet has not helped me whatsoever.

This is most disappointing. It has been weeks now and I am getting frustrated!

Kind regards,

Can't you just load into the Windows 7 setup program from the install CD, then format the drive you want to install Windows on?

Or are you trying to keep some data?

On My Laptop I had to disable it or enable removal of Win 8, through the Bios (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) to install Win7. Samsung has a tutorial for their computers that have it locked in the Bios.

Windows 8 uses a different boot loader than past versions of Windows; the Windows 7 install disk may not even recognize the drive once 8 is on it (never tried it). I think you might be facing a repartition/reformat of the disk. Certainly, there is no "undo" to go back to Windows 7 if you followed the upgrade path (short of restoring from a disk image backup). I would be back on Win7 today if there was a clear downgrade path.

I'll let you know how I get on Stephen. I've given up on Windows 8.1 after a couple of months of effort. The joystick dropouts on P3DV2 are even worse than FSX. I'm hoping that the Win 7 disk will allow a reformat of my C Drive otherwise I will have to use brute force.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs