Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Clean Sweep

Hi Everyone

I have after much deliberation and soul searching decided to do a clean sweep of FSX and its related problems. I have had many aircraft sceneries and the like installed over the years and want to revert back and starting fresh.

What I am after is some advice as to how to go about this properly including deleting stuff from the registry etc so I have no problems installing only the stuff I really use.

Any advice gladly accepted.

Thanks

Barra

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Why not go the whole hog and reinstall Windows, that's what i do when I'm ready for a flush out. It can take a bit of time uninstalling everything and making sure there is no rogue folders and registry entries left lurking about to cock up your reinstall of FS. Just make sure your windows installation is bang up to date and you have all the latest drivers before you begin installing FS. I've just done this myself and it's running a treat. Quite invigorating really :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry just to add to that, be systematic when you reinstall FS, don't just throw your entire add-on collection and service packs etc in one fell swoop. Install Fs run it restart, install sp1 run it restart, install sp2 run it restart. Install your tweaks and settings etc. get FS running as best you can in its default state first before adding to it. I found in the past if I rush it it'll throw a wobbler on me and I end up starting again. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk