Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

FS9 AA

Hi Guys,

I use FSX more often than FS9 , but now planning on using the Project Airbus A380 is FS9 as she is beautiful. And in FSX the VC looses fps.

The problem is AA is FS9. I have Nvidia Inspector set to 32x but I still see the jagged lines. The other thing is I have seen some sharp textures in FS9 with a search on the net. How can I have those. Also please recommend europe sceneries freeware or payware. I have Nl2000 but need the other countries too,

APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.

Thnx.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi,

32x AA is extremely high and will kill your fps. 

It sounds like Inspector is not applying the AA you've selected.

For the AA setting, did you pick "override any application settings" and AA disabled in FS9?

For the Europe scenery... Are you looking for specific regions, cities, etc?

Ground Environment Pro will replace the default land textures with much better ones, but it will do so globally.

Ultimate Terrain Europe will give you landclass, roads, shore lines, lakes, rivers, 3d night lighting, etc (do a search on Flight1's website for more detail).

If you want to focus on Europe, I highly recommend those two add ons, even though GEP is a global coverage (and that's a very good thing).

Installing GEP and UTE gives you a base to build other add ons to.  

For sceneries, check out aerosoft's online shop, simmarket, flytampa, etc.  You can find airport add ons, and small to large coverage sceneries.

Hi,

32x AA is extremely high and will kill your fps. 

It sounds like Inspector is not applying the AA you've selected.

For the AA setting, did you pick "override any application settings" and AA disabled in FS9?

For the Europe scenery... Are you looking for specific regions, cities, etc?

Ground Environment Pro will replace the default land textures with much better ones, but it will do so globally.

Ultimate Terrain Europe will give you landclass, roads, shore lines, lakes, rivers, 3d night lighting, etc (do a search on Flight1's website for more detail).

If you want to focus on Europe, I highly recommend those two add ons, even though GEP is a global coverage (and that's a very good thing).

Installing GEP and UTE gives you a base to build other add ons to.  

For sceneries, check out aerosoft's online shop, simmarket, flytampa, etc.  You can find airport add ons, and small to large coverage sceneries.

Hey thanks for the reply.  As to the fps hit it above 25 with 32x AA.  I will uncheck AA in FS9 and try. right now in a flight but will check it and reply back and also check the Nvidia Inspector.

Great then UT and GE should work well for me. No Specific cities. Just want full of Europe as I fly there most of the time.

report back with changes. stdby

Don't know if it is working , need to do more test. Will revert back as soon as its done.

For payware in the UK you must have UK2000 scenery.

Steve

Is that Heathrow ?

I am still struggling with AA on this one. Once I have setup well I will look check UK2000.

No it does not work the roughness is still there.

That's strange.  You are saving your settings before exiting NI, right?  Make sure you're using the MS FS9 profile in NI and not the global one. 

That's strange.  You are saving your settings before exiting NI, right?  Make sure you're using the MS FS9 profile in NI and not the global one. 

Oh damn I have to use that ok. And yes I am saving the settings.

Will revert back a bit later thank you.

I don;t know but sometimes the AA looks fine and sometimes not.

Set up NI like this (Use the FS9 profile instead of the FSX profile - you use the exact same settings for both sims):

http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Set up FS9 like this:

http://forums.simviation.com//cgi-bin/yabb25/YaBB.pl?num=1211055375/0#7

And remeber to uncheck AA in FS9 and select triliniear filtering.

But dude, you can't fly an Airbus! Flight 666 is a Boeing 757! :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

But dude, you can't fly an Airbus! Flight 666 is a Boeing 757! :D

Can't fly an Airbus ? what is Flight 666 is a Boeing, did not understand this one .

BTW the settings you have given me with that my max fps has been reduced to 12 at Schiphol  LOL. But looks really good .

Thought you would get it since your nick is ironmaiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcN4H4th7E

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

and I thought you were referring to the Airbus model being an original boeing :),

Irons they rock. my favourite.

If you're using the HD 7750 graphics card thats in your "MY PC" info, then of course Nvidia Inspector will do NOTHING for your graphics... duuh.

You need to use the correct software for AMD cards, i.e. Catalyst control center, I think it's called, to change your AA settings.