Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

FS9 AA

If you're using the HD 7750 graphics card thats in your "MY PC" info, then of course Nvidia Inspector will do NOTHING for your graphics... duuh.

You need to use the correct software for AMD cards, i.e. Catalyst control center, I think it's called, to change your AA settings.

This one is on my Satellite i5 GT 525m :) 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

BTW the settings you have given me with that my max fps has been reduced to 12 at Schiphol  LOL. But looks really good .

That's because the AA setting is actually quite high.  You can gain more fps by using less AA.  Any setting that has SS (supersampling), will have a greater impact on fps.  Try 8x MS only (multi sampling).  Won't look as good, but you'll get better frames.

That's because the AA setting is actually quite high.  You can gain more fps by using less AA.  Any setting that has SS (supersampling), will have a greater impact on fps.  Try 8x MS only (multi sampling).  Won't look as good, but you'll get better frames.

I put textbandwidthmulti back to 40 as in the site it was saying 240 , so after putting 40 my fps has gone up and yes I have reduced AA to 4x.  will Try some more after coming back from work today.

After putting those settings earlier FS9 was looking freaking awesome at least the airport.

How can I reset Nvidia Inspector.  I have put AA down and everything in NI low and in FS9 everthing is maxed out and the max fps I am getting is 15 crap. Also recreated the fs9.cfg.

Please help,

Hmmm, not sure what's going on there.  NI shouldn't hit your fps that hard with lower settings.  Looking at your PC specs, your fps should be MUCH higher.

I'll do a screen grab of my NI settings and post it here.  Just have to finish a few things first.  Hang on.

Hmmm, not sure what's going on there.  NI shouldn't hit your fps that hard with lower settings.  Looking at your PC specs, your fps should be MUCH higher.

I'll do a screen grab of my NI settings and post it here.  Just have to finish a few things first.  Hang on.

:) This is on my laptop and not my sig rig.

The laptops a Toshiba Satellite L755 and i5 2430m with 1 GB GT525m.

The FPS hit was due to a freeware scenery.

BUT PLEASE DO THE SCREEN GRAB POST YOU NI SETTINGS.

Ok, didn't know it was for your laptop.  When you said you're using 4x, is it multisampling (MS) or Supersampling (SS)?  There is a big difference in fps between the two.  MS being much better on fps but not as sharp as SS.

To reset your settings, click on the setting (ex. "Antialiasing Setting").  It should be highlighted in blue, and if you look all the way to the right, you will see a small nvidia icon.  Click on that if you want to reset certain ones.

To do a complete reset, click on the green nvidia icon located along the top with the other icons.

If you're using REX clouds, you can lower the cloud resolution and select a form of compression.  Really helps with fps because aa in heavy clouds will bring down fps.

Ok, didn't know it was for your laptop.  When you said you're using 4x, is it multisampling (MS) or Supersampling (SS)?  There is a big difference in fps between the two.  MS being much better on fps but not as sharp as SS.

To reset your settings, click on the setting (ex. "Antialiasing Setting").  It should be highlighted in blue, and if you look all the way to the right, you will see a small nvidia icon.  Click on that if you want to reset certain ones.

To do a complete reset, click on the green nvidia icon located along the top with the other icons.

If you're using REX clouds, you can lower the cloud resolution and select a form of compression.  Really helps with fps because aa in heavy clouds will bring down fps.

Hey thanks.

It Supersampling.

Let me revert back to you with the changes.

Thanks,

ironmaiden are you flying FS9 in Windowed mode or Full Screen?

Anti Aliasing etc doesn't work in Windowed mode and FPS is often less too.

ironmaiden are you flying FS9 in Windowed mode or Full Screen?

Anti Aliasing etc doesn't work in Windowed mode and FPS is often less too.

Hey ,

I think windowed mode as I get the menu bar on top.

I think windowed mode as I get the menu bar on top

Try  Full Screen NOW   :lol: 

I'll bet you will see a big improvement.

stdby

Yep looks like it.

But then again I will not be able to use VasFMC standalone with the PA 319 as i would need a window.

I cannot have AA above 4xs makes me loose frames.