Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

OMG!...the FINEST night rendered scene in ANY flight simulator...

OMG!:

You need to download the following files from the .org:

HDR Enviroment X II

and

Enhanced Runway Lights 1.2

**** Search for first, and download the Enhanced Runways Lights 1.2 to read this developer's light recommendation out of the HDR Environment X II package.

I did that...and actually then added all the other great goodies out of the HDR Environment X II to their respective folder locations.

The result, was a jaw dropping, coffee spilling, OMG! moment...as I took off out of KFNT (from the .org) at night.  

This is the best-to-date night rendering EVER, EVER seen by this flight sim user.  EVER!   Holy...you-know-what!

RUN....grab the two files and load it all in.  Take a night flight, and see just what these two combined entries gives you.  WOW...wow......WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I am also using UrbanMaxx 3D Extreme v2.0 and the enhanced night light texture from off of the .org (this in my view MAKES it look so real in combination with all the other elements of this post.

You will see (you must have HDR on...) a BLOOM effect like you have never seen to date.  I mean...not 'almost' real-to-world.  Heck...THIS IS REAL TO WORLD!

Enjoy....for I sure as heck am!!!!!!   Back to the paused flight...going to follow I-75 southbound down to Toledo....  Again....this is the best night scene, no matter what year, flight simulator and/or version, no matter what....it is VERBATIM, it is what you see in the real world environment, end-of-story.

Post edit:  "Just came back here to say that I had never thought that a flight simulator could be capable of rendering virtual, real-world nightscape, before this morning.  Never.  If you put all the elements of this post into XPX....you will be stunned as you take off from your favorite FBO.  Make sure you have a clear night in weather so you can enjoy what you now have upon climb out.  Highways, lit up by overhead true-to-life orange/yellow orbs with a subtle bloom that is verbatim to the real world, with fabulous traffic, headlights, tail-lights with that actual night-time 'glow',that look stunningly real. Urban light-scape that looks stunningly real.  Take the time to search out the files...load them...and then put down your coffee, whatever...and don't spill it into the keyboard....  :)  One more thing...all rendered with such crisp detail and clarity.  You want the finest visual night time operations?  XPX with the above.   Have fun".

Mitch

Gahh, my IP is blocked from the .org again, guess I'll grab it in work tomorrow :-)

I grabbed myself the Saab 340 the other day, fantastic plane, and looks great at night or in bad weather with HDR enabled (and not too bad on the frames either). I just wish it was easier to tune the dials without having to pause the simulator :-)

Just installed what Mitch recommended and WOW, WOW, WOW, the best night rendering effects I have ever experienced, HDR on or off, its a joy, sky colors are sweet too.

Highly recommended!!

Cheers to flydav, Sabach and Chris K for an outstanding job and contributions!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I worked across the street from KSRQ for about 6 years, and now I work across the road from KSAN and the runway lights and taxi lights don't seem very bright. I often wonder how pilots can see them when they are barely visible near the ground. I think the default brightness might be more accurate. 

Very nice Images. Its fantastic compared with what I have seen in Flight sims before!

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

I worked across the street from KSRQ for about 6 years, and now I work across the road from KSAN and the runway lights and taxi lights don't seem very bright. I often wonder how pilots can see them when they are barely visible near the ground. I think the default brightness might be more accurate. 

I suspect so too, but sometimes you just gotta go for the sizzle.  :lol:

Then, if it gets to be a bit much, later you can always change it back............

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I suspect so too, but sometimes you just gotta go for the sizzle. 

True, but it makes you wonder if these guys have either really awesome eyesight ... or they cheated the eye exam and just close their eyes (a.k.a "using the force") to land the plane. 

lmfao!

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yes, the force is definitely a factor here, just don´t ask me which side I am on! :O

Anyway, the real runway lights are variable in brightness, and the tower can set them as needed, often on the request of the pilots.

We have a saying that when approaching an airport within a city, the darkest spot is usually where its at - and often you can see the apron floodlights from a much further distance. Also consider that runway lights are directional, so even if they are turned to bright, they are hard to see when approaching from an angle other than straight in.

It has often been said that the runway/taxiway lights in XP10 are too dim, but I disagree with that. Yes, more bright would be looking "impressive", but not necessarily more realistic.

In an ideal world we would have a custom control for the runway lights, a hotkey to turn them up or down.

Jan

I completely agree. Every time I fly at night I'm always struck by just how dark the runway / side lights are at real airports, and I remember seeing the PAPI for an airport in the distance but not being able to work out if they were red or white lights!

The bigger lights may look prettier but I also feel the new default ones are a better reflection of what the lights really look like at night.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I prefer the default lights too. The street lights/city looks quite nice with the enhanced lights, but I'm not 100% about the aerodrome lighting. I think the default lights does a good job on reflecting reality here.