Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

OMG!...the FINEST night rendered scene in ANY flight simulator...

Wow just installed this and the night lighting looks amazing indeed! Thanks for bringing this up. Makes flying during night/dusk/dawn breathtaking!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

OMG!:

You need to download the following files from the .org:

HDR Enviroment X II

and

Enhanced Runway Lights 1.2

**** Search for first, and download the Enhanced Runways Lights 1.2 to read this developer's light recommendation out of the HDR Environment X II package.

I did that...and actually then added all the other great goodies out of the HDR Environment X II to their respective folder locations.

The result, was a jaw dropping, coffee spilling, OMG! moment...as I took off out of KFNT (from the .org) at night.  

This is the best-to-date night rendering EVER, EVER seen by this flight sim user.  EVER!   Holy...you-know-what!

RUN....grab the two files and load it all in.  Take a night flight, and see just what these two combined entries gives you.  WOW...wow......WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I am also using UrbanMaxx 3D Extreme v2.0 and the enhanced night light texture from off of the .org (this in my view MAKES it look so real in combination with all the other elements of this post.

You will see (you must have HDR on...) a BLOOM effect like you have never seen to date.  I mean...not 'almost' real-to-world.  Heck...THIS IS REAL TO WORLD!

Enjoy....for I sure as heck am!!!!!!   Back to the paused flight...going to follow I-75 southbound down to Toledo....  Again....this is the best night scene, no matter what year, flight simulator and/or version, no matter what....it is VERBATIM, it is what you see in the real world environment, end-of-story.

Post edit:  "Just came back here to say that I had never thought that a flight simulator could be capable of rendering virtual, real-world nightscape, before this morning.  Never.  If you put all the elements of this post into XPX....you will be stunned as you take off from your favorite FBO.  Make sure you have a clear night in weather so you can enjoy what you now have upon climb out.  Highways, lit up by overhead true-to-life orange/yellow orbs with a subtle bloom that is verbatim to the real world, with fabulous traffic, headlights, tail-lights with that actual night-time 'glow',that look stunningly real. Urban light-scape that looks stunningly real.  Take the time to search out the files...load them...and then put down your coffee, whatever...and don't spill it into the keyboard....  :)  One more thing...all rendered with such crisp detail and clarity.  You want the finest visual night time operations?  XPX with the above.   Have fun".

Mitch

Not sure about night (always had trouble with  the runway lights especially with I- 75/69 creating a disturbing illusion notamed in the afd) but the Fnt scenery is really great-I was based there, learned there in 1989,and based there for quite a few  years and nice to be able to taxi up to my hangar in the golf tees in the sim. The crop circles around rnwy 36 not quite right but xplane does a very, very credible job of this part of Michigan. Really great rendition of the kfnt airport.

Now if I can only get my new home area of Southern Californina so good-right now quite deficient. Here is hoping for the new update...I have fond memories of the past but  don't really want to delve on the past so much-new all the way! :-)

<edit> tried the hdr at night and it was very, very good. 

Just waiting patiently for my part of the world no to be the same quality...

Wow just installed this and the night lighting looks amazing indeed! Thanks for bringing this up. Makes flying during night/dusk/dawn breathtaking!

Welcome to the XPX Vampire Club...⏰

Not sure about night (always had trouble with  the runway lights especially with I- 75/69 creating a disturbing illusion notamed in the afd) but the Fnt scenery is really great-I was based there, learned there in 1989,and based there for quite a few  years and nice to be able to taxi up to my hangar in the golf tees in the sim. The crop circles around rnwy 36 not quite right but xplane does a very, very credible job of this part of Michigan. Really great rendition of the kfnt airport.

Now if I can only get my new home area of Southern Californina so good-right now quite deficient. Here is hoping for the new update...I have fond memories of the past but  don't really want to delve on the past so much-new all the way! :-)

<edit> tried the hdr at night and it was very, very good. 

Just waiting patiently for my part of the world no to be the same quality...

I hope that comes to you soon. Since these files, I haven't seen much of the XPX sun...⏳

I hope that comes to you soon. Since these files, I haven't seen much of the XPX sun...⏳

Come back to the Sun!!!  B)

5am5.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

@JonRD463 Climed to over 5000' still nothing like what you are seeing.

yifo.jpg

My settings. (for this hour!)  :lol:

kbp5.jpg

Try the GAMMA at a setting 1.5 :)

Disregard. Misfired reply. ;)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Try the GAMMA at a setting 1.5 :)

Much too dark. The muted colors become outright gloomy, and day seems like a permanent overcast under fluorescent light.

The HDR package itself suggests higher than than as well

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Much too dark. The muted colors become outright gloomy, and day seems like a permanent overcast under fluorescent light.

The HDR package itself suggests higher than than as well

Well, I'm running that right now half way to KMIA from KDTW, and I have a Samsung Monitor that supports Dynamic Contrast Control...and I have to say that today, I am having one of the finest night-to-dawn transitions, I have EVER seen within a flight simulator, month, day, year...hand's down.  It is certainly rated as a OMG! moment, let me tell ya!!! :)  The fire in the sky as the rising sun is lighting up the clouds (I'm slightly over the top at FL270) is simply....spectacular!  Life below the clouds today enroute, is a little messy...and the HDR package thunder in the headphones has a most ominous clap and rumble. I certainly am glad to be above the mess.... Life is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, with a little tweaked XPX in it... :)!!!

Post Edit:  Well, out of curiosity, I tried your 2.4 for GAMMA and reloaded XPX.  I guess that personal taste always comes into play...as for myself, I found that colors were much more muted and washed out, in comparison to a GAMMA of 1.5-1.8.  At my  GAMMA setting (personal observance and opinion), colors, day or night pop out at you with depth, as is with a good 1080p high-end plasma flat screen.  That's the best way to describe it.  When I start to rise into the '2' range of GAMMA, the depth of color starts to diminish.  I have Dynamic Contrast Control, which in live time, always changes and corrects the Contrast setting on the monitor, and is done so fast, there is absolutely no visual clue that this is happening behind the scene.  Samsung sure nailed this feature dead on the nail-head!!!  If I transition, from a forward view of the star field, and then gaze down on new fabulous night scape, the contrast diminishes so as not to have the bright-light-in-your-face effect. Again, this feature is superb to give you max visual realism, no matter what hour of the day or night your sim is displaying. A real feather in Samsung's monitor feature 'cap'... :) At a setting of XPX Gamma 1.5-8, I am dialed right into 'being there'.....  Like I said, Life is good......

Post Edit 2:  Well, I ran these screen captures through a converter to low rez them...and thought that they did. I see that they might not have in the upload. If they transgress the picture rules, then I guess these will kiss the dust.. If not, then enjoy the depth of color they demonstrate at a GAMMA of 1.5

Morning, all,

Mitch'er

Well as you said, your monitor is dynamically modifying the color, contrast, brightness etc to compensate for your settings......... If you have a monitor that does not do any of that, then your settings give pretty bland results.....

I had a TN monitor like that for a while, but took it back. It was especially great for compensating for dark YouTube videos for instance, but instead I grabbed one of the newer low latency IPS displays for the truer colors and wider viewing angles.

Devons rig

Well as you said, your monitor is dynamically modifying the color, contrast, brightness etc to compensate for your settings......... If you have a monitor that does not do any of that, then your settings give pretty bland results.....

I had a TN monitor like that for a while, but took it back. It was especially great for compensating for dark YouTube videos for instance, but instead I grabbed one of the newer low latency IPS displays for the truer colors and wider viewing angles.

Right, it's all subjective to the individual viewer. While I hate relying on pictures...I did post edit my post to give three examples of what I was doing thing morning....   As you can see, all elements have balance, with great color depth, even upon the approach....

Only problem: you can never fully capture what you see B) ... So, a screenshot can't show to others, what you perceive with you eyes. Because:

• The OS / Browser / Image viewer of each user might render the same RGB values a bit differently
  • The display of each of us can be very different in color representation (+ and even the same display hardware can be configured very differently)
  • And each of us has a little bit different eye sight / color perception
  • ... and we might even add, that the brain might have a factor in differently interpreting the same colors (talk about taste, psychology etc.)

Right, it's all subjective to the individual viewer. While I hate relying on pictures...I did post edit my post to give three examples of what I was doing thing morning....   As you can see, all elements have balance, with great color depth, even upon the approach....

No editing. Actually I think that accounting for monitor differences, our settings put us in about the same spot.

dnml.jpg

xdyc.jpg

Devons rig

Only problem: you can never fully capture what you see B) ... So, a screenshot can't show to others, what you perceive with you eyes. Because:

• The OS / Browser / Image viewer of each user might render the same RGB values a bit differently
  • The display of each of us can be very different in color representation (+ and even the same display hardware can be configured very differently)
  • And each of us has a little bit different eye sight / color perception
  • ... and we might even add, that the brain might have a factor in differently interpreting the same colors (talk about taste, psychology etc.)

I totally agree with you...and that is why I mostly do not  upload pics when those request of me.  I so AGREE WITH YOU...but...this morning, I had a weak moment, lol.  I just wanted to share the joy of what XPX can bring to the plate.  That shot of my approach with the full glory of what went into the OMG post...is there. That is what someone will get if they invest the time to download, install, and fly with the bats....:)

No editing. Actually I think that accounting for monitor differences, our settings put us in about the same spot.

dnml.jpg

xdyc.jpg

Devon, looking great,pal!  Fly on!

Mitch

I totally agree with you...and that is why I mostly do not  upload pics when those request of me.  I so AGREE WITH YOU...but...this morning, I had a weak moment, lol.  I just wanted to share the joy of what XPX can bring to the plate.  That shot of my approach with the full glory of what went into the OMG post...is there. That is what someone will get if they invest the time to download, install, and fly with the bats....:)

When I was a kid, when my uncle came from CT to visit, he would take the family on "trips"

This usually meant long drives in the coolness of the evening, ending up inevitably at some scenic spot, usually the shore, looking across the water at the lights of some town or city, usually New Jersey as seen from New York. I have strong memory's of the sight of the city at night, the lights playing on the water.

Even now, I am a strong "Visual" flyer; drawn to images like that, so I can certainly understand the attractions to those lights in the night!  :smile: 

Devons rig