Sign in to follow this  
S.Keller

777X

Lol yes..... may be 2025. :lol:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Ehm ok.

What happened to the 787?

Now they have 2 planes that are practically the same? 

Or what am I missing here?

Looks absolutely awesome- I'm not too much of a fan of the cockpit though. The current colour looks much better. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ehm ok.

I think the 777x is supposed to have a much higher capacity than the 787.

Ehm ok.

How do you figure that? The 787 is pretty much a 767 replacement, the 777X is a 777 replacement. They're aimed at completely different markets. Don't forget, they're still very much complimentary to each other. Where the 787 program stops, the 777X program starts.

And then, there is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXRLjzUy-ew

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

How do you figure that? The 787 is pretty much a 767 replacement, the 777X is a 777 replacement. They're aimed at completely different markets.

Hmm yea ok. I see.

Ehm ok.

Nothing happened to the 787.  The 777X and 787 are vastly different and will serve different markets.  The 777X is much higher capacity than the 787.  It is designed to fill the gap between the 787 and 747-8.

I think the 777X will be a big success for Boeing.  They aren't taking the big risks that they did with the 787 by not incorporating vast amounts of new technologies and airlines are begging for it, especially when compared to the A350.  I think GE is taking the biggest risk here because the engine requirements of performance and efficiency they have to meet are very high.

From "The Source.com"

Boeing and Emirates announced an order for 150 Boeing 777Xs with options on a further 50 aircraft. The firm order will be made up of 115 Boeing 777-9X and 35 Boeing 7778X models. These will eventually replace the current Boeing 777-300ER fleet.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Having just flown in the 787 on Thursday ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEIWZIZFLk ) I can attest that the ride is a lot quieter and restful than any other aircraft I have flown (I havn't flown in an A380 yet).

The higher air pressure (lower cabin altitude) and humidity level (the packs are electrically and ram air driven, not bleed air, which retains more moisture) really do make a difference, and even with the 6am departure, I felt less tired and more refreshed after the flight.

The 787-8's size is:

60 metre wingspan

57 metres long

Interior Cabin width is 5.47 metres

777 (-300ER) is:

61 metre wingspan

73 metres long

Interior Cabin width: 5.86 metres

The 777 is significantly larger than the 787.