Sign in to follow this  
sunnydaze

API dll error

Hi.

After installing Multi Crew Experience. when I end my flight and shut down FSX  I get the "FSX has stopped working" message. On my 7 drive everything works just fine,but this happens on my Vista drive,and the error log shows this

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          11/17/2013 10:22:05
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DennisElliot-PC
Description:
Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module API.DLL, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e180d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0010c97e, process id 0x5c8, application start time 0x01cee3a8af77c4a2.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-17T15:22:05.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>128365</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DennisElliot-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>
    <Data>475e17d3</Data>
    <Data>API.DLL</Data>
    <Data>475e180d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0010c97e</Data>
    <Data>5c8</Data>
    <Data>01cee3a8af77c4a2</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Any clues as to what is going on?
Thanks.
Dennis

Dennis Elliott

The API module runs FSX and is an indication you are very, very close to an OOM (out of memory) error.  You need to lower your fsx.cfg and/or display driver settings.  Take a look at the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for some recommended settings.  If you have a lot of photoscenery installed, you should disable all of them that you will not be using during a flight as they will be running in the background whether you are in that part of the world or not.  Your system is not all that powerful for any fsx.cfg settings much higher than those that were set by Microsoft as the default.  Be careful!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim.

Thanks for the reply.

Here is what I just tried   

Move all my sliders in FSX to the left.Disable all my add on scenery in the scenery library.

Start FSX. and I give MCE  permission to load (I have it set to manual so it will not load unless I want it to)  FSX starts up with the default Barron rotating on the screen. I do not even start MCE... I then quit FSX, without going any further and I get the "Not Responding" message.

Is there anything else I might try?

Could there just be a conflict somewhere?

Thank you for your assistance.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Did you modify any of the aircraft config settings? This type of error also occurs when the config file is not being read properly.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Mce is very unlikely to be the issue as it does not run inside the fsx structure, it is an external program. I would lile closely at what aircraft you have installed or modified recently.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Hi.

After installing Multi Crew Experience. when I end my flight and shut down FSX  I get the "FSX has stopped working" message. On my 7 drive everything works just fine,but this happens on my Vista drive,and the error log shows this

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          11/17/2013 10:22:05
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DennisElliot-PC
Description:
Faulting application fsx.exe, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e17d3, faulting module API.DLL, version 10.0.61472.0, time stamp 0x475e180d, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0010c97e, process id 0x5c8, application start time 0x01cee3a8af77c4a2.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-17T15:22:05.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>128365</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DennisElliot-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>475e17d3</Data>
    <Data>API.DLL</Data>
    <Data>475e180d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0010c97e</Data>
    <Data>5c8</Data>
    <Data>01cee3a8af77c4a2</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Any clues as to what is going on?
Thanks.
Dennis

Although it points to API.dll, it could also be randomly any of the FS dlls.

Could be caused by unstable overclock.

Hi FS++

Thank you for the response and thank you for all the help you gave me last week on this problem,I just didn't want to take up any more of your time on this,so I thought it was worth a try on the CTD forum just in case anyone had any other ideas.

To be clear,  MCE works just fine on both my 7 and Vista drives,in fact both MCE and Vox ATC perform better on my Vista drive than 7,and if I actually run MCE  the session runs flawlessly from start to finish,except I know that when it comes time to quit FSX I will get this not responding message if using Vista

I have tried disabling every thing but MCE in the xml.dll file and still get the error.

The system I have has been running FSX for several years now with no problems at all,and of course both systems (on separate hard drives) run exactly the same hardware and software,so it seems to be a conflict just on my Vista setup.

I am open to any suggestions as I am quite intrigued as to what is causing this.

Jim,  I may have made some changes to some of my aircraft cfg files,but any changes I make on one system,I also make on the other,so I'm not sure what to do to find this issue,but will try whatever ideas you might have.

Thank you all for the help.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

FSX starts up with the default Barron rotating on the screen.

This indicates to me that you are not starting FSX with the default flight so there might be a major issue with starting up FSX with the Baron.  To fix this you might want to rename your Fsx.cfg to fsx.orig, restart fsx and let the config rebuild.  You'll have to trust everything you have installed again but this fixes a lot of problems.

The api.dll is related to memory and it is the module that makes FSX run properly.  It could be high settings, corrupted or missing textures, a gauge missing or corrupted, etc.  So many possibilities.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim.

Thanks,I will give it a try.

If after doing this,if I see no difference and want to revert back to this cfg,do I just delete the new cfg,and rename FSX,org back to FSX.cfg  ?

Thanks.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Yes, exactly.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim.

I did what you suggested but no change.

Can't think of anything else to try,but I will keep an eye on this forum just in case,and should I somehow resolve this issue I will report back with what ever it was that fixed it.

All the best to all the people that take time to help us on these forums.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

Sorry nothing worked.  Here's a link regarding the api.dll - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389704-fsx-oom-apidll-patcher/.  This might provide some useful information.  Some individuals indicated they had their problem fixed but it did not work for everyone.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I deleted a line which I manually put in dll.xml, and my FSX finally worked! The bad news is I had to delete all my favorite addons thinking it was a memory issue

Make sure which uncertified addon you are installing and check the comments about it before installing!

• Like 1