Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asticou

Captain Sim 777 V1.2

I recently purchased Captain Sim 777 V 1.2 and Freighter Expansion Pack for FSX. I have exhausted all forums in search of finding a patch or any good advice on making this sim work.

There are a numer of hits in different forums dealing with this subject, no gear, electrical and yoke with cure alls for which I have tried but to no avail. I even registed on Captain Sim forum twice and cannot access their forum for any help.

My system is Windows 7. My computer is new and will handle any sim out there and is not part of the problem.

1. I have uninstalled, removed the folders from the registry, rebooted the computer and reinstalled several times with no results.

2. I am using the admistrative rights, shuting off the account function, shutting off my firwall protection, plus I even used a seperate computer to obtain the code key, transferring that key code to the FSX computer per Captain Sim instructions with no results. Manual activation did not work.

3. I have several different sims installed including  a few of PMDG's  and never had any issues with them . This is by far the worst Sim that I have dealt with.

4. Is there anyone  that help me with this.

Signed,

Very Fustrated

I recently purchased Captain Sim 777 V 1.2 and Freighter Expansion Pack for FSX. I have exhausted all forums in search of finding a patch or any good advice on making this sim work.

There are a numer of hits in different forums dealing with this subject, no gear, electrical and yoke with cure alls for which I have tried but to no avail. I even registed on Captain Sim forum twice and cannot access their forum for any help.

My system is Windows 7. My computer is new and will handle any sim out there and is not part of the problem.

1. I have uninstalled, removed the folders from the registry, rebooted the computer and reinstalled several times with no results.

2. I am using the admistrative rights, shuting off the account function, shutting off my firwall protection, plus I even used a seperate computer to obtain the code key, transferring that key code to the FSX computer per Captain Sim instructions with no results. Manual activation did not work.

3. I have several different sims installed including  a few of PMDG's  and never had any issues with them . This is by far the worst Sim that I have dealt with.

4. Is there anyone  that help me with this.

Signed,

Very Fustrated

Sorry, I forgot to sign this,

Dale Johnson, Asticou

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is probably the most relevant forum to post your Captain Sim 777 question, I'm sure you'll get lot's of replies soon.

Thanks, I sure hope so. I have never experinced such dufficulty of installing any simmulator in my life. This is totaly unacceptable. Plus, I am unable to  gain access to the Captain Sim Forum even after I registered twice and received activation codes.

Most of the problems have been resolved over the past months ,  apart from some  remaining

FMC  and A/P  issues

however, I have  most of their stuff and it works reasonably well. Do you have copies of your invoice?

PM me if you need  help.

Ron

Try this forum:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/298-the-unofficial-captain-sim-support-forum/

There's a good chance you will find answers here.  It will take some time to go through.

There's a guy named Markoz on the CS forums.  If you can find a way to contact him he is very likely to help you.  Don't keep uninstalling and reinstalling -- the issues you mention are fixable.

You also might consider buying the PMDG 777.  It works much better than the CS version, which as of V 1.2 continues to have many issues.  The PMDG T7 just is much more in-depth than the CS version.

Mike

Most of the problems have been resolved over the past months ,  apart from some  remaining

FMC  and A/P  issues

however, I have  most of their stuff and it works reasonably well. Do you have copies of your invoice?

PM me if you need  help.

Ron

Yes, I have all my invoices, but I am unable to establish any communication with CS.

The best method I've found for fixing the CS777 goes like this:

1. Delete it off your hard drive

2. Go to http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/777LRF.html

3. Buy the aircraft

4. Install it

5. Voila! A very well working 777

You sound like someone from Sales. Do you have this sim and if so, how would you rate it. I have CS757 on FS2004 and I am very satisfied with its performance.

Haha I assure you I am in no way compensated by the folks at PMDG. I just have witnessed the difference in the aircraft and stand behind my preference. I have the PMDG 777 and it's really top notch. Can't be beaten by most other addons, especially those depicting a T7. Better on frames, flight model, systems depth, options, all of it. Well worth the sticker price. I know it's steep, but trust me you'll fly the wings off of it. 

Haha I assure you I am in no way compensated by the folks at PMDG. I just have witnessed the difference in the aircraft and stand behind my preference. I have the PMDG 777 and it's really top notch. Can't be beaten by most other addons, especially those depicting a T7. Better on frames, flight model, systems depth, options, all of it. Well worth the sticker price. I know it's steep, but trust me you'll fly the wings off of it. 

Thanks for the advice. I am not concerned about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, I just want the sim to work after I install it without any hassles. I keep seeing reference to T7, what is that??

Thanks again for your quick response.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Help Using the AVSIM Forums" to "The UNOFFICIAL Captain Sim Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have no connection with PMD G either! Paid full price and well worth it.

If you like the 777 (T7), you will love the PMDG.

Some people have had installation issues, but if you read the very active PMDG support forums, or post questions, you will get the issues resolved if there are any.

PMDG also responds well to support tickets.

Mike

Here is a message on the Captain sim forum which may help you.

If you cannot Check-in at www.captainsim.com>; Allow)

If the above does not help check your firewall settings.

If the above does not help and you are on Windows Vista you may need to override User Account Control features in Windows Vista.
Note: You will be altering OS security and Parental Controls when performing the steps below. Please be aware that if you follow these steps, you will need to contact Microsoft for further support.
Windows Vista User Account Control Step by Step Guide

Back to Check-in page

Problems with ticket submission using Google Chrome
Please use Internet Explorer.

Ron

Thank you,
Tanya Kucher

A couple of things you can try that might fix your problem.

1. Install the 777 using the Run as administrator option - right click on the installer (csx772_1200.exe) and select Run as administrator from the list (2nd from the top). Seeing as it's already installed, select repair when given the option to Repair or Remove. Once it's finished installing, start FSX to see if it's working. If it is, see if the Freighter is working correctly. If the freighter isn't working correctly, you'll need to install it using the Run as administrator option as well. That should fix it too.

2. IF FSX is installed in the default location (C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)), you might want to try running FSX with the Run as administrator option too. Click on START, go to Games then right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X  and select Run as administrator (2nd from the top).

Anti virus software can sometimes interfere with the installer either when it's being downloaded, or during the install process. Turning it off, and then redownloading and/or reinstalling might get it working properly.

EDIT: Try using a different browser to get into the Captain Sim forums. But having said that, Captain Sim fixed the issues that Google Crome was having with gaining access to their site, so it shouldn't be a problem any more.

From what the op was having problems with I read on the CS forum about this problem. On the upper rear panel you need to activate the electrical/hydraulic switches there as well. Not sure why they stuck them there. These should be on on boot up like the PMDG

To all, thanks for your advice. I have captured all the responses and funneled them all into one document. Later tonight I will try to reinstall the 777.

To all, thanks for your advice. I have captured all the responses and funneled them all into one document. Later tonight I will try to reinstall the 777.

Hi, Asticou,

I urge you to pay attention to Markoz.  He is extremely knowledgeable about the CS 777 and other CS products. 

From what the op was having problems with I read on the CS forum about this problem. On the upper rear panel you need to activate the electrical/hydraulic switches there as well.

I don't think this is his main problem.  Asticou, if you experience unresponsive controls, then take a look at the upper right overhead panel and make sure all the switches are on.  However you can usually avoid the unresponsive controls problem by loading a default Cessna first.

Mike

From what the op was having problems with I read on the CS forum about this problem. On the upper rear panel you need to activate the electrical/hydraulic switches there as well. Not sure why they stuck them there. These should be on on boot up like the PMDG

In version 1.2, i don't think the 777 should not be starting with the Hydraulic Switches OFF. They never have been for me in v1.2. :-/

The only reason that my yoke, ailerons and rudder are all the way to the left is due to the lack of power from either the APU, External Power or the Engine Generators. So as soon as I add External Power or start the APU, they right themselves. I have to do when I start the 777 cold and dark (which is pretty much every time).

Here is a short (12second) YouTube video showing what happens to the yoke when I turn External Power ON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcuFY8GU0JE

With all the problems that asticou is having, I would have to say that it sounds like the Activation has failed! In the end, he may have to (1) uninstall the 777 Base Pack and Freighter Expansion Model, (2) remove their entries from the Windows registry and (3) reinstall both (using my instructions above).

It could even be worth considering doing a Manual Offline Activation. There are a lot of advantages to doing it and you CAN do it from the computer you are installing it on. I use this method of Activation all the time now.

Mark

In version 1.2, i don't think the 777 should not be starting with the Hydraulic Switches OFF. They never have been for me in v1.2. :-/

Hi, Mark,

I just ran a little experiment.  I loaded the CS KLM T7 from the startup window (which initially shows the Ultralite/Friday Harbor situation) to a heavy gate at KSEA.  The engines were on but the hydraulic switches upper left overhead were off and the flight control synoptic screen showed the controls as  inoperative. 

I shut down FS, restarted, this time actually loaded the Ultralite but to a heavy gate at KSEA.  Then loaded the same CS KLM  aircraft.  This time, engines off, but once external air & electricity were turned on, flight controls were working properly and looked good in the synoptic window.

Maybe you have a saved state that you start with? 

Again, thanks very much for helping out Asticou.  Lots of people who fly CS aircraft owe you!

Mike

My default flight is the MSFS C172, at YMML (Gate D11), in a cold and dark setting. ONLY the Avionics Master Switch is turned ON.

You can always try loading a flight directly to FSX by going to Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder. Select a .FSSAVE flight. Doing this will bypass the FSX Start Screen and ignores (so I have heard) the default flight settings.

NOTE: Because FSSAVE extension is a known extension, the extension will be hidden by default! You can recognize the files by their ICON - it looks like an FSX icon image on a piece of paper (see the attached image below).

You can always try loading a flight directly to FSX by going to Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder. Select a .FSSAVE flight. Doing this will bypass the FSX Start Screen and ignores (so I have heard) the default flight settings.

NOTE: Because FSSAVE extension is a known extension, the extension will be hidden by default! You can recognize the files by their ICON - it looks like an FSX icon image on a piece of paper (see the attached image below).

Thanks, Mark,

I have never started a flight that way but I will give it a try!   (I have Windows set to show all extensions -- I'm much too curious about what all the files do to keep them hidden.)

Mike

I thank all you for your input, comments and recommendations to my problem. In reviewing all, it also appears that FSX has some serious issues in the back ground that could be causing some of my problems. I have not tried to reinstall CS777 yet, will do later. As I mentioned in my last post, I am gathering all of your suggestions and making them into a word document for a quick reference for when I reinstall.

I have 3 questions that I will put out there prior to my attempt to reinstall.

1. Presently I am using Firefox as my default web browser and wonder if I should switch my default to Internet Explorer prior to my attempt of the reinstall of CS777??? My thought was it may help with the manual activation.

2. In FSX, when I apply the brakes the instrument panel moves like ones head is moving, doesn't matter what airplane, this is not real situation at all.

3. At present in my FSX default, I have a Just Flight L-1011 park at a gate in Bangor, ME (KBGR) in the black cockpit configuration that I start with. Should I be using a different type of AC, such a FSX default AC???

Thanks,

Asticou

It is usually recommended that you use the FSX default flight which is the Ultralight at Friday .

Most addons put their own info into the  trusted  section of  the FSX.cfg file.

I   hope  you are  able  to  post  in the  CS  forums  . 

There  are  many   helpful  people   who   can   overcome  some  FS   and  CS

idiosynchrasies  LOL.

Ron

Tonight, I tried to reinstall Captain Sim's T7 only to be informed that my activation code has been locked out in both the manual and automatic modes, thus adding to my already fustratation level with the poor quaility of this sim. I did submit a request to have my codes unlocked.

I am just moments away from moving on and forgetting the I even got envolved with this sim, take my lost of $70.00 and place my order for PMDG's 777.

I am still looking for an answer to an ealier request that I made on this forum. During taxi or any movement of an aircraft in FSX, why does the insturment panel move/tilt??

I thank all who have tried to help me with this issue

Asticou

Dale Johnson