Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Accessing Front Page

Hi, when I go to avsim.com, it takes me to forum.avsim.net  A few days ago I was able to go right to the front page and read what was released and what files were uploaded, etc, etc.  Now I'm not sure how to access the front page, I clicked AVSIM at the top of this page, but again it takes me to the forums.  Is this something on my end, or did you guys change it up?  Finally, where can I view the front page or at least read the latest news and stuff like that?

Thanks

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi, when I go to avsim.com, it takes me to forum.avsim.net  A few days ago I was able to go right to the front page and read what was released and what files were uploaded, etc, etc.  Now I'm not sure how to access the front page, I clicked AVSIM at the top of this page, but again it takes me to the forums.  Is this something on my end, or did you guys change it up?  Finally, where can I view the front page or at least read the latest news and stuff like that?

Nope, everything is working fine. Don't know if something was shifted there for a while (possible - we have been doing some back end stuff), but it is working fine now (except we're missing our top logo for some silly reason...

This is happening to me too, I can't access the front page, even when i google the link, it always takes me to the forums. Happens in both IE and Firefox

This is happening to me too, I can't access the front page, even when i google the link, it always takes me to the forums. Happens in both IE and Firefox

I just typed in www.avsim.com again and it took me directly to the front page. Try clearing your browser's cache.

I just typed in www.avsim.com again and it took me directly to the front page. Try clearing your browser's cache.

cleared cache on both browsers (and I very rarely use IE so it shouldn't have had anything from avsim in it anyways). Even clicking the avsim link in the top left of the forums(even though it says it'll take you to www.avsim.com) takes me back to the forums

cleared cache on both browsers (and I very rarely use IE so it shouldn't have had anything from avsim in it anyways). Even clicking the avsim link in the top left of the forums(even though it says it'll take you to www.avsim.com) takes me back to the forums

Well, I don't what to tell you. I just clicked on the AVSIM tab at the top left and it took me to the front page. It is working.

Not working for me either, and yes I flushed everything before testing.

Also see my post in Ron's thread about missing icons.

thanks,

Joe

[edit]

just had my son try it on his laptop, and I know he has never been here before, and www.avsim.com redirected to forum.avsim.net

[edit]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I just had a friend in a different city (and different isp) typing in www.avsim.com (who doesn't visit the site so there isn't anything in his cache) and he says it directs to the forums. Maybe trying clearing your cache will reproduce the problem, or a DNS issue. Either way its not looking like its isolated to my machine or browser and may be something worth mentioning to the IT folks

is the reputation voting also down?

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I guess my cache was the issue. Me bad. Okay, fixed. Clear your cache and try again. It should go to the front page.

is the reputation voting also down?

Yes, temporarily. But they are now back.

Thanks Tom. Great work

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10