Sign in to follow this  
BIGAL79

Dx10 full screen issues

Ok folks. Here is an issues that has got my last nerve on dx10. I have an AMD 8150 8 core processor

Gtx670 4gb

16gb Ram

Needless to say I can run anything. In FSX dx9 runs like a champ. Full screen and windowed. I always play in full screen on 3 monitors. I have a home built simulator so 2 monitors on the so called dash and the large monitor for flying.

I recently started learning about DX10. So I watched a few videos on how to set up Nvidia inspector for DX10. Completed the fsx.cfg tweaks for DX10. Turn fsx on and in windowed mode it's down right amazing. Thanks to flightfx and Rex essentials + overdrive my graphics are life like.

Now here lies the problem. Dx10 in full screen is unplayable. What could be the problem? I've spent hours and hours trying to get this to work. Someone please help. And a few other notes. The dx10 fixer I did purchase and install. Got the 3.2.2 patch. I know it's a simple setting change I just can figure it out. Thanks in advanced for any input on this.

Based on the fact you stated in your last paragraph that you purchased and installed the DX10 Fixer and then got the 3.2.2 patch, it's not installed properly.  But, that's okay as that is what these forums are all about and set you in the right direction.  If DX10 works great for you in DX9, it should work just the same in DX10 Preview.  There is no special button to click whatsoever.  All you needed to do was install the DX10 Fixer that you purchased.  No other installations was required.  I might add too that you should look at the new AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for proper FSX/NI settings.  You have a good system that should run DX10 well.  Good luck!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Funny you say it's not installed right. I tired reinstalling the whole thing and I get an error can't find script folder when I hit setup.dat. This aught to be interesting

I found a working option but by far not the fix. I found that if I remove the dxgi and the dxgi.dll from the FSX Root folder. Full Screen now works for DX10. When i did the new root folder I installed just the fix that i had purchased and with that alone (fullscreen) didnt not work still. Still looking for other alternatives. Thanks for your replies.

I found a working option but by far not the fix. I found that if I remove the dxgi and the dxgi.dll from the FSX Root folder. Full Screen now works for DX10. When i did the new root folder I installed just the fix that i had purchased and with that alone (fullscreen) didnt not work still. Still looking for other alternatives. Thanks for your replies.

Sounds like you have SweetFX installed as those files do not belong in the main fsx folder and only belong to SweetFX.  You should make sure the following files are removed from your main FSX folder - D3d9.dll, D3d9.fx, Dxgi.dll, Shader.fx, and the injector.ini.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10