Sign in to follow this  
A380

Marketplace demise.

I've not played flight for about a year and have just found out that all the download content is not available anymore. 

That's not a problem at the moment because I still have Flight installed with all the addons I purchased but what happens when I need to reformat/build a new PC?

Is there any way of saving the current content for manual install at a later date?

I don't want to get caught out the same way I was when PSS folded. 

Thanks. Can anyone confirm?

Why is there only the P-51 in the Marketplace at the moment? 

You should be able to download things you already bought, even though the marketplace is closed.

Mmm tried it today and it wouldn't log on at all. One go without trying again and looking more closely, isn't a real test though. Maybe it was a random DNS issue? Will give it a more thorough try tomorrow.

After trying again the market place still failed to connect.

In game, I thought I had all my content and after clicking on the Maule, which was in the hanger, the preview of the plane was not visible? So, I tried to access the market place in game and although the download appeared I could select it, but not re-download it.

I know that I had some major issues with my account when I initially tried to install everything on my new PC because, my LIVE ID used a different email address and password so the licence was tied to that account. I know that my initial install was done through that account exclusively. Since then I had also changed my password for my Hotmail account, but thought these were completely separate things!

I then proceeded to uninstall the GFWM client and re-downloaded it from Microsoft. After installing, I was presented with the login details and my current email address was displayed. Nothing new there I thought. Bear in mind that my original licence was tied to a different account entirely, so I thought of course it’s not entirely logical to use a different account but what the hell, so I proceeded to enter my current password for the email displayed and it logged me on. After a short pause there was all my download content.

The GFWM was displaying all the available downloads BUT was only showing that Flight, Hawaii, Alaska, the Cub and the RV were installed. The Maule, C46 and all the additional downloads for Alaska only showed that they were available for download.  It appears that it hadn’t read everything properly from the registry or wherever it gets its info from so I clicked each Download button in turn. It didn’t re-download anything, and after a short pause told me they were installed.

Now, I do have all the content I had purchased and it works correctly. GFWM works as expected, for now at any rate.

I’m not sure how the rest of you feel, but I can’t wait for the day when someone introduces a secure, Biometric login method. Passwords, through necessity are becoming stronger and by default are more difficult to remember. The more you traverse the internet the more of them you have to remember. I’m constantly clicking the ‘Forgotten’ password link and again, because sites have finally cottoned on to the fact that they shouldn’t transmit your password but instead re-set it, and then you have to choose another one! Secure logins are really becoming a pain in the ar**. I’ve done a very rough count of how many I have, and the number is staggering.

I was testing USB finger print readers over 10 years ago when the first flash drives were becoming popular. They were used to protect your data but were seen as overkill and added too much to the price, so were not commercially viable. There was one that had a fingerprint reader on the mouse and you logged into a bespoke programme on the PC where you could store secure data. You couldn’t login to your PC though, because the OS developers were simply not interested. You logged into your PC through a password that was a cheap alternative.  It would be cool to login to anywhere at the touch of a button. The internet is being compromised and is getting bogged down with security (I know, it’s necessary) Come on Apple or Microsoft – you must realise there’s a market for it now!

Anyway, rant over and completely off topic. Think I’ll have a coffee and a bacon butty to calm down J

I agree completely with you, Brian Sick of having dozens of different passwords I can't even remember.

On another note - bacon what? :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Luis

A bacon sandwich... Yum (it was rather mouthwatering) A sandwich Is affectionately known as a butty here in England. When talking to posh people, you call it a sandwich. When offering one to a mate, you say, "fancy a butty?" Its also is known as a sarni by many too.

Hope that clears up the butty saga :)

B

I usually just call it a "handwich" since I'm not overly fond of having sand in my food... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's actually a "Northern" term. 

Down here in London we just call em sarnies. ;)

One of my friends from down in La-La land used to refer to a sandwich as a "white taco". With him being a naturalized citizen of Latin origin it took me a short while to understand what he was talking about...

Back on topic, I finally finished putting together my new system! Yeah, me! But then I sit here dumbfounded, because I haven't a clue how to install Flight or any of the addons. I don't recall the password I was given for my user tag for GFWL and I don't see a way to resend it. Even if I find a way, can I redownload the parts of Flight that came through GFWL? Dunno! And what about the Carbon Cub I bought through Steam? I finally found the way to get the 5x5 code, but that did me no good on the old system when I wanted to download the plane.

It would be nice to unleash more horsepower and fly around Alaska (a current project elsewhere...) and the Islands, but as I mentioned above, I haven't got a clue what or how to do things.

Lance, try your Live log-on. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Luis, it's on the "old" computer, which isn't hooked up to the internet. So if I wanted to load the GFWL software on "TheNewBox" I need the pw that goes along with my SliestSole1 (?) account. And I don't recall if I printed that out and have no idea how to find it online. I *did* look through the MS XBox site for a bit and then gave up...

So much for good record keeping on my part?

Lance

Hello Guys

I just tried it and at first couldn't launch the GFWM client (Connection Error), so I followed Brian's advice.

Uninstalled the GFWM client and downloaded a new one from Microsoft, installed it and got the

login screen, from there I and was able to see all my purchases and options to redownload.

Lance, if you remember your user name, there is a Forgot Password Option.
To be safe I didn't click on it, but you might try it.

Hope that helps.