Sign in to follow this  
A380

Marketplace demise.

Thanks, Ramon. After taking 5 months to build the new system, I do not want to be spending time messing it up trying to get Flight setup. I think I'll give the GFWL client a try and hope for a good outcome!

OK, old dog learned a new trick and I'm back inside Flight.

Realized that with my account being tied to my Hotmail email account searching for a password wasn't necessary. All the content showed up for download and got it installed last night. Took a nice, short flight around Wasilla to look at the 80 or so airports right in that general area. Really liked the weather effect of a light cold-based fog overlaying the area.

Hopes for ever seeing the Carbon Cub from Steam are slim to none, IMO.

If you have a 5x5 code, you might be able to redeem it.  Try going to xbox.com, logging in and redeeming the code there instead of the GFWL client (although the client may work too, not sure)

Thanks, Mr. Developer! I have been trying to redeem in game, but I'll see if going to xbox.com works. It's only $7.49, so not a worry if it doesn't work. Just nice to be flying around Flight at 2560x1440 resolution... :Big Grin:

When offering one to a mate, you say, "fancy a butty?" Its also is known as a sarni by many too.

Hope that clears up the butty saga :)

Funny thing today. I am currently reading a very good e-book titled

"Just One Damned thing After Another" by whom I presume to be an English author named Jodi Taylor. Any way, I am coming across many strange words and terms (being from the American mid-west) including, butty and sarnie, bloody this and bloody that. It helps to be a Dr.Who fan I think. Your definitions really gave me a better understanding of the common bacon sandwich. I once talked to an English tour guide who was telling me about his experience flying over Lake Michigan into Chicago. He said "that's not a lake, it's a bloody sea." Just a difference of where one comes from.

Steve

Funny thing today. I am currently reading a very good e-book titled

"Just One Damned thing After Another" by whom I presume to be an English author named Jodi Taylor. Any way, I am coming across many strange words and terms (being from the American mid-west) including, butty and sarnie, bloody this and bloody that. It helps to be a Dr.Who fan I think. Your definitions really gave me a better understanding of the common bacon sandwich. I once talked to an English tour guide who was telling me about his experience flying over Lake Michigan into Chicago. He said "that's not a lake, it's a bloody sea." Just a difference of where one comes from.

Steve

Steve, I remember saying exactly the same thing at the banks of Lake Erie! I also remember having to constantly repeat words like tomato and aluminium and everyone would smile.

On a more serious note. Tomorrow being Saturday is the 50th anniversary episode of Dr WHO which will be compulsive viewing. Being on the BBC it will be uninterrupted by adverts, so I must remember to blink occasionally :)

Yes, a 75 minute anniversary episode will be shown simultaneously Saturday in about 80 countries around the world.

The BBC has some big bash planed alright. My DVR is set. Talk about a long lasting sim!

Steve

"An Adventure in Space and Time" was very good. Brought back a lot of memories of the way it was in the 60's. I have been watching ever since Dr.Who first showed up in the States. Just like flight sims, the special effects have come a long long way. But the basic feel of the show remains the same!

Steve