Sign in to follow this  

Ladies and Gentlemen...the Boeing 777x

Today, Boeing made its official announcement of the new generation of the Boeing 777, the Boeing 777x.  Most people well informed in the news of aviation have known that it exists, and it was a matter of time before we saw what it will be.

http://www.newairplane.com/777x/

New features include folding wingtips, something originally proposed for the 7E7, which failed to extend to the 787.

She's not expected to enter service until 2020, so at least our newly-won FSX product won't be something that is out-of-date from the state-of-the-art.  

Inactive

At last the flight deck is going to be Grey . I always hated the "light brown" color on the current generation 777's

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

IMO This is not good for PMDG in terms of future product extensions. Both the 737 MAX and the 777X will look very similar to the 787 rather than their respective predecessors (737NG, 777) with regards to primary instrumentation.

777X:

msEMevv.jpg

737 MAX:

h91YYPa.jpg

Is it just me or are the new Boeings looking more and more like executive jet transports with G1000 kits in them :LMAO: ???

Kind regards

Avantime (sorry, I can't read your First name on my phone), why would that be bad for PMDG? If anything, Boring trying to standardize their lineup would mean a faster development rate for PMDG. It would/should be possible to port over certain code and/or features with minimal changes. That in itself will be a very welcome feature, I'd say.

Is it just me or are the new Boeings looking more and more like executive jet transports with G1000 kits in them :LMAO: ???

Kind regards

Bizjets have been ahead of commerical airliners when it comes to avionics for a while now. They generally fly faster and higher too, though that's also a question of economics.

In my humble opinion I don`t find any of Boeing`s future aircraft designs attractive from both pilot and aviation enthusiast points of view, the older models like the current 737, 747 and 777 is definitely something I would want to work with, all the next gen aircraft makes me reconsider a career in commercial aviation...

In my humble opinion I don`t find any of Boeing`s future aircraft designs attractive from both pilot and aviation enthusiast points of view, the older models like the current 737, 747 and 777 is definitely something I would want to work with, all the next gen aircraft makes me reconsider a career in commercial aviation...

Just the way things are heading mate. We're getting the same thing in Trucking too, where your 18 speed manual Kenworth is going the way of the Dodo, to make way for the auto gearbox Volvo European Trucks

I'm surprised, I thought the 787 was meant to be the successor, in terms of fuel efficiency, range, and wing design.   

Avantime (sorry, I can't read your First name on my phone), why would that be bad for PMDG? If anything, Boring trying to standardize their lineup would mean a faster development rate for PMDG. It would/should be possible to port over certain code and/or features with minimal changes. That in itself will be a very welcome feature, I'd say.

If the 777X resembled its predecessor then PMDG could release a product extension in short order - a bit like what they're doing with the 747-8 which is very similar cockpit-wise to the 747-400, despite a 15-year gap in technology. Unfortunately with the 777X being this different from the existing 777 PMDG would have to spend years in development - perhaps until 2018/2019 after the completion of their existing projects, which is a very long way away. Of course once the 777X is complete the 737 MAX and 787 development time will be significantly reduced, but we'll be talking a potential timeframe of 2020/2021 here - 8 years from now.

At last the flight deck is going to be Grey . I always hated the "light brown" color on the current generation 777's

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yep the grey looks a 100 times better.

I'm surprised, I thought the 787 was meant to be the successor, in terms of fuel efficiency, range, and wing design.

But it lacks the capacity of the 777. The 777x is supposed bridge the gap between the 787 and 747.

Just the way things are heading mate. We're getting the same thing in Trucking too, where your 18 speed manual Kenworth is going the way of the Dodo, to make way for the auto gearbox Volvo European Trucks

Unfortunately that`s the way this world works, whatever is good which we form likings around always gets replaced by something we dislike.