Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

Worth to wait?

Hello everyone!

So I have an interest in buying the PMDG 747-400 for FSX. But during the conference last March, PMDG mentioned a remake of their current 747 because it is a little outdated. I don't know if I should buy their current 747 and get stared, or wait 'til the newer version is released? Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

-Dmitri

Hello everyone!

So I have an interest in buying the PMDG 747-400 for FSX. But during the conference last March, PMDG mentioned a remake of their current 747 because it is a little outdated. I don't know if I should buy their current 747 and get stared, or wait 'til the newer version is released? Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

-Dmitri

Hi 

It of course depends on when V2 will be released!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/425469-thinking-of-buying-747x/ {as quoted from another thread with the same question}

Thanks

This question seems to be coming up every other week.

If you want the current 747, it is still very good systems wise, but obviously if you have been spoiled by the 737NGX or new 777 then you will be disappointed by the visuals.  I think its on sale from the PMDG website for $55?

Personally, I don't think the new 747 will be out until at least the end of next year, but that is speculation.  There is still the DC-6, 777 patch, ER model and new SP for the 737.

If you want to spend the money, and at least "learn" the 747 for the next 12 months, then yes, go for it.  However if you want to wait, then stick with the 777 and then you can enjoy the new visuals without being disappointed.