Sign in to follow this  
ActiveSky

News about the update?

I think the real issue here is communication.

I agree, I'm able to fly this aircraft just fine whilst putting some of these bugs aside.  It does annoy me a little that comms in relation to the SP are non existent.

It's not really a rant as such because life goes on and we get to still fly it, it's just something that can easily be hosed down with a little ongoing information sent to us in a more timely manner.

Just my 2 cents.

This kind of topics made me laugh!!

Can you imagine if forums would be meetings face to face and somebody asking this type of question..? That guy would be slated, beaten, shot. Nobody will dare to ask this kind of questions again!!  :lol: 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Well, if you don't know how it acts and works in the real airplane than what difference does it make if it isn't perfect yet? :P

Most of the people that own the PMDG version don't know what is wrong with it.

I know. It auto trims when it is not supposed to during manual flight. PMDG have acknowledged the problem and they are looking at it.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I love these forums. All this started because somebody asked if their was any sign of an update, as it has been two months since release and PMDG has now found a lot of bugs and fixes. For this he gets slated. Like I said I don't think people are angry just curious.

I repeat, we all understand the amount of work that has gone into the 777 and that there will be errors that surface. People just want a clue as to if and when there products will be fixed. Yes I know that it is not broken to the point of it being un-usable, although some people on these forums would care to differ, but if there are errors and they need to be fixed then it would be nice to know when. Remember, the Operations Centre, something that is used occasionally, has been updated time and time again.

I, like many people on here, love the work that PMDG has done, so much to say as the NGX has probably revitalised FSX, but that does not give people the right to slate somebody for asking a question.

You hit it right on the nail.

This is not about whining or that we want the patch here and now, its simply about communication.

Other addon developers are bashed if they don´t release bugfixes allready day 2 after release, but PMDG are treated like the holy grail - no one are accepted to request feedback on status without being slapped.

All that was asked for here was an update on the servicepack.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

(...) I guess if you can't activate, that would be an issue.

Release date: We will have fixed (x system) by (date)... however due to the nature of how computer systems work, this may break something else that is currently working. The date that this unknown possibility will be fixed will be either "it never happened so this question is irrelevant" or "It broke tonnes of stuff and we might need months".

Activation doesn't require the OC.

And those dates serve an internal purpose. They don't help much answering release date questions from customers.

Looking through this thread... I would say it is a testament of quality of work PMDG did...

I mean, with other developers, we would be probably waiting for bugfixes that fix CTDs or complete AP failures... meanwhile here we gripe about arguably small things.

One of the items some people forget is that this product is Boeing approved and ,without knowing the confidential agreement between PMDG and Boeing,some of the delay may be down to that agreement as well as trying to find the fixes that suit both parties.

Just sit back and use the plane within its current capabilities and enjoy!!

Honestly, in the end, the only opinion that matters is the one of the group making the decision.  If you don't like it, vote with your wallet.

I think many wished they could vote with their wallet. By that I mean "man up" and offer some who are dissatisfied with a refund. 

If PMDG truly believe this is top rate quality software, why hide behind "no refund"? There's been no support provided by this group of folks. There are people here on this board who cannot wait but to chastise anyone who disagrees.

I did try to get this plane in air without a crash but nope always FSX crash and that tested with 2 diffrent GPU's aswell ATI and Nvidia. while NGX and aerosft airbus keeps me on 100 FPS and the PMDG T777 drops under 10 FPS. and result in a crash.

I give PMDG 1 and last try if there is a update comming and if this get fixed i wil fly it but if not i keep it of my HDD like i do atm aswell i dont like buggy planes especialy when its overpriced.

You mention Boeing providing a deadline, but look at how late the 787 ended up being. Even the A380 was a few years late if I remember correctly. What do you think happens when THEY'RE late. Compensation to the airlines.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Here are some differences:

1. Boeing had a contractual agreement and the airlines paid a deposit. Therefore there's a contractual agreement to perform. 

2. Boeing offers customers updates when the program hits delay at every stage of development. There's COMMUNICATION. With PMDG, it's pure silence.

3. Boeing apologize profusely to customers on their screw ups. But PMDG doesn't because they are so PERFECT. 

There's also an implicit contractual requirement by PMDG to provide proper service and support to customers who purchased their product. However, they have not performed. If some are really annal, they could have the credit card company deny the charges. 

Many people here only asked to be treated with respect as they are paying customers. 

(...) With PMDG, it's pure silence.

(...) on their screw ups. But PMDG doesn't because they are so PERFECT. 

There's also an implicit contractual requirement by PMDG to provide proper service and support to customers who purchased their product. However, they have not performed. If some are really annal, they could have the credit card company deny the charges. 

(...)

Unbelievable accusations ...

I did try to get this plane in air without a crash but nope always FSX crash and that tested with 2 diffrent GPU's aswell ATI and Nvidia. while NGX and aerosft airbus keeps me on 100 FPS and the PMDG T777 drops under 10 FPS. and result in a crash.

I give PMDG 1 and last try if there is a update comming and if this get fixed i wil fly it but if not i keep it of my HDD like i do atm aswell i dont like buggy planes especialy when its overpriced.

100fps?

Wow, you must be running a cray....

If PMDG truly believe this is top rate quality software, why hide behind "no refund"? There's been no support provided by this group of folks. There are people here on this board who cannot wait but to chastise anyone who disagrees.

Because it's a digital ware. I could just as easily say "hey, I hate this product! I want my money back!!!" I would then get my money back, but could still use the product. Granted, they could prevent me from re-registering it down the road, but I can keep flying it until I uninstall it.

What lack of support are you referring to, by the way? Ryan has been in here a bunch. I've been in here supporting a ton of people, though I'm not part of the team so it's not official support, but it's still support. Additionally, I don't suppose you have visibility into their support system, so you can't really speak for how much or how little has been helped there.

1. Boeing had a contractual agreement and the airlines paid a deposit. Therefore there's a contractual agreement to perform.

2. Boeing offers customers updates when the program hits delay at every stage of development. There's COMMUNICATION. With PMDG, it's pure silence.

3. Boeing apologize profusely to customers on their screw ups. But PMDG doesn't because they are so PERFECT.

Point two neglects to recognize that there is a continuously-updated, stickied thread acknowledging bugs and errors as they're reported through the support system.  This is a method of communication.  This negates both the "silence" and "no communication" claim, ergo point two is wholly false as claimed.

Point three is based on hearsay evidence, absent any official publications from Boeing specifically using apologetic language.  'Profusely' is being used to simply hyperbolize the argument.  Similarly, perfection was neither promised, nor asserted, so the label is again being used to hyperbolize the argument.

While your assertion that they have an implicit contractual requirement to provide support may be true (though how it is implied is questionable), what evidence is there that there is a lack of support?  I'm sure they could provide a wealth of data to the contrary.

Many people here only asked to be treated with respect as they are paying customers.

Have they not been?  What evidence is there that they have not been treated with respect?

Are you simply trying to stir the pot, or do you genuinely believe that they just cashed in and ran off to Ibiza?

Kyle Rodgers

100fps?

Wow, you must be running a cray....

Wel Nvidia card is not even a high end lol 560 GTX  lol but combination with FTX global opus did good no FSX tweak need just a good PC. all settings on MAX.

Wel Nvidia card is not even a high end lol 560 GTX  lol but combination with FTX global opus did good no FSX tweak need just a good PC. all settings on MAX.

so on your 580 with all max. you're running 70 fps more then people on a 3770k/4770k with a 780ti?

Hell, i only get 30fps in the ngx and i don't run a pussy system.

Show us the way my leader...!!

(Yes, this is sarcasm, i don't believe a word you say about 100fps in the ngx and 10 in the T7)