Sign in to follow this  
ActiveSky

News about the update?

As we no, no real life Boeing aircraft ever has issues within the first few years of release. I mean it's not as if 787's were getting grounded or anything due to issues with the batteries and power supply was it.

Nope, Certainly not. No real life Boeing 787's were ever grounded because they all worked perfectly from delivery date onwards.

Didn't they?

Well even if they did, at least real world passenger carrying aircraft aren't dangerous, it's not like they fly thousands of feet high at hundreds of knots or can hurt anyone if they catch on fire mid-pacific thousands of miles from land. It's not like actual lives are in danger or anything....

I love these forums. All this started because somebody asked if their was any sign of an update, as it has been two months since release and PMDG has now found a lot of bugs and fixes. For this he gets slated. Like I said I don't think people are angry just curious.

I repeat, we all understand the amount of work that has gone into the 777 and that there will be errors that surface. People just want a clue as to if and when there products will be fixed. Yes I know that it is not broken to the point of it being un-usable, although some people on these forums would care to differ, but if there are errors and they need to be fixed then it would be nice to know when. Remember, the Operations Centre, something that is used occasionally, has been updated time and time again.

I, like many people on here, love the work that PMDG has done, so much to say as the NGX has probably revitalised FSX, but that does not give people the right to slate somebody for asking a question.

"OC": The OC had to be updated frequently because it crashed on certain systems. That is a show-stopping issue.

"If": The T7 bugs are worked on as PMDG have confirmed by means of their 'known issues' thread.

"When": You'll never know what the next build's test will show. So a SP release date is tough to estimate ...

It is quite unhealthy to always hide behind "we'll release it when we feel it is ready" types of mantra. Even Boeing that makes complex airplanes provide a deadline. Most credible businesses provide a deadline on when the product is planned on being released. 

There are several reasons to set a public deadline. One very important aspect is hold yourself accountable to the public on your deliverable. 

More transparency is better than trying to hide. Maybe PMDG is in need of a real software developer who knows how to manage software development process. I really don't know what the issues are. 

"OC": The OC had to be updated frequently because it crashed on certain systems. That is a show-stopping issue.

"If": The T7 bugs are worked on as PMDG have confirmed by means of their 'known issues' thread.

"When": You'll never know what the next build's test will show. So a SP release date is tough to estimate ...

OC (I will assume this means Operations Centre program) isn't inside FS, ok so you can't easily install new Liveries without it, but you can still fly the 777 (in default PMDG livery) without it.

I can't remember because it's been a while since I installed it (only once, worked first time) but did the registration process of the 777 go through OC too? I guess if you can't activate, that would be an issue.

Release date: We will have fixed (x system) by (date)... however due to the nature of how computer systems work, this may break something else that is currently working. The date that this unknown possibility will be fixed will be either "it never happened so this question is irrelevant" or "It broke tonnes of stuff and we might need months".

PMDG has long stayed away from release dates for the reason of missing deadlines and nobody has the right to moan as they are not customers until they pay there money.

I just wet myself

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well, the only real show stopper keeping me from buying the plane is that the trim function doesn't work "as real as possible" and that's a key element of the FBW system...which is at the heart of the airplane and this model..and one of the justifications of the high price tag.  The FBW feature is one of the key differentiation points of this airplane vs. almost every other add-on out there and I hope they make the fixes. 

Colin Ware

Well, the only real show stopper keeping me from buying the plane is that the trim function doesn't work "as real as possible" and that's a key element of the FBW system...which is at the heart of the airplane and this model..and one of the justifications of the high price tag.  The FBW feature is one of the key differentiation points of this airplane vs. almost every other add-on out there and I hope they make the fixes. 

Colin Ware

Well, if you don't know how it acts and works in the real airplane than what difference does it make if it isn't perfect yet? :P

Most of the people that own the PMDG version don't know what is wrong with it.

Well, see, that's kind of the crux of the problem.  Because, since we have the documentation, we do know how it works in the real airplane and the one on the screen doesn't perform that way. So you have to experiment to see what works - kind of like the way you do with a Captain Sim product.  You can't go out and buy a 727 set of airline crew manuals and fly the CS plane by the book - the plane just doesn't perform to those numbers.  But here, PMDG strives to make a plane you can fly by the book, and charges for that level of simulation.

Colin Ware

Colin Ware

I'm assuming you don't own any Airbus addons for FSX in that case. None. Not a single one. No not even "that" one.

the PMDG 777 flies well. No problems there. It's not "toy" FBW. Mightn't be perfect, but it's better than anything else there. (Arguably MD11 might have an LSAS system that works 'better')

No, I'm not interested in Airbuses - I fly the NGX plus the F1 Mustang and the Real Air Duke.  I really should dust off the MD11.  A good hand flyer as well.

I guess my thing his trim is kind of important. It is in all planes, and in this beast, the way it's handled is one of the key elements of the plane's fundamental stable speed design phillosphy.

I'd like to see it acurately rendered before dropping $100.  I don't fly these planes the way many airliners do - hit the AP at 400 agl and turn the knobs. I like to fly by hand.  So the trim issue is a big deal to me - far more so than the folks who choose to fly the sim as most r/l crews do, esp. outside American and Canadian carriers.

I didn't buy the NGX for many months as it went through it's teething pains either (i.e. the idle thrust issue in some of the winglet models was another show stopper - landing is hard enough in FSX).  So, I am consistent, at least.

Colin Ware

I love these forums. All this started because somebody asked if their was any sign of an update, as it has been two months since release and PMDG has now found a lot of bugs and fixes. For this he gets slated. Like I said I don't think people are angry just curious.

I repeat, we all understand the amount of work that has gone into the 777 and that there will be errors that surface. People just want a clue as to if and when there products will be fixed. Yes I know that it is not broken to the point of it being un-usable, although some people on these forums would care to differ, but if there are errors and they need to be fixed then it would be nice to know when. Remember, the Operations Centre, something that is used occasionally, has been updated time and time again.

I, like many people on here, love the work that PMDG has done, so much to say as the NGX has probably revitalised FSX, but that does not give people the right to slate somebody for asking a question.

Well said. Even when a question is asked politely around here you get slagged. 

It is quite unhealthy to always hide behind "we'll release it when we feel it is ready" types of mantra. Even Boeing that makes complex airplanes provide a deadline. Most credible businesses provide a deadline on when the product is planned on being released. 

There are several reasons to set a public deadline. One very important aspect is hold yourself accountable to the public on your deliverable. 

More transparency is better than trying to hide. Maybe PMDG is in need of a real software developer who knows how to manage software development process. I really don't know what the issues are. 

Problem is that some of these developers do this in their spare time, and real life can take priority over the simulator. When things like that happen, you never know when developers are going to be able to finish doing what they need to do. Other things can crop up during testing that can delay the release of something. I've been around long enough to see people give out release dates only to have personal issues come up or something go seriously wrong during testing, resulting in the product not being ready once the release date hit, and then everybody starts complaining that they didn't release in time. Then they demand either a new release date or demand (notice I didn't say ask, I said demand) that the unfinished product be released. So that's why giving out release dates doesn't necessarily work well.

You mention Boeing providing a deadline, but look at how late the 787 ended up being. Even the A380 was a few years late if I remember correctly. What do you think happens when THEY'RE late. Compensation to the airlines.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Advanced tutorial would be nice being that I cannot afford the AOA trainig.

spacer.png

I too have never had a problem with the T7 since I purchased it.  I guess if you follow the various manuals you shouldn't have any problems of a major type.  If you are trying to short cut or do things that aren't supposed to be done then you will get problems.  Also I think most of the problems people are having are either due to a corrupted FSX or FSX.Cfg is incorrect, incorrect installation, or a system corruption/bug.  If the aircraft was full of bugs, then how come the majority of us appear to not have any problems

Rob