Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Airbus X Extended model differences? (pic)

I don't know my planes very well. Is there any real significant difference between all these A320 and A321's? Cliff Notes version preferred. :)

jboCCewttLH97p.jpg

The obvious difference is the length difference: The A321 is noticably longer than the A320. The less obvious things that come to my mind are all connected to the increased length: more pax possible, higher weight, most likely higher engine thrust,...

I have no clue about the different enige versions, though (CFM vs IAE)

Wow, mostly engine variants. Do most simmers really care to have 6 different engine variants on one model? I sure don't.

Wow, mostly engine variants. Do most simmers really care to have 6 different engine variants on one model? I sure don't.

I do, because IIRC there is a difference between the CFM and IAE reversers (coud be wrong, though). Other than that, I haven't yet noticed huge differences, but I guess that the engine performance is not the same for all models.

There is only 2 engine variants, and yes simmers care because they like to apply their real life livery to the correct engine animation.  The reverser are different on the models.

There is only 2 engine variants,

Eh? According to that link, there are 5 different A321 engine setups.

Where do you see 5 setups? I only see three for the whole A32x family: CFM 56-5 series (A318, A319, A320, A321), P&W PW6000 series (A318 only), IAE v2500 series (A319, A320, A321), and the two the A320/321 uses are included in the AAX/AXE.

The CFM/PW/IAE series have some different variants as well, mostly in terms of thrust ratings. The -2xx after A320 specifies which specific engines it has.

I think you should try the one labelled 'Airbus A321' first and then any of the other A320/A321 next..........that's the biggest difference :LMAO:

After that, the next big difference is in the airline livery, then whether or not the model includes sharklets and then into the details like engine manufacturer, as discussed above.

Cheers

Paul Golding