Sign in to follow this  
burm

Anyone Just Tired Of This

Have YOU had enough?

Nope. I love a temperamental relationship....although it takes polyamory to make it work in the long run though.

Same for operating systems. Linux is hard to get going, but when it purrs, it purrs better than anything else. Windows still offers better entertainment but geez, sometimes it can be one kind of a b-[bSOD]

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I'll probably never understand why people feel the need to make posts like these other than to stir a pot. If I don't enjoy something I just move along and try something else. I don't see a need in telling the world about it.

You have the need to tell the whole world how offended you get by posts like this, just like the OP has the need to tell the world how frustrated he is...

C'mon guys, no need to be "touchy" about a thread like this. Im a FSX fboy at heart and has always been that, and think FSX is quite impressive at what it can do even now after all these years it's been out. But it hasn't just been a joyride all the way, and I've been so frustrated at times that I have wanted too through up :bad: but also been exited many times too B) . All of you above that says "it has been running perfect for me always", can you really say with hands on your heart that you have never even once been slightly frustrated with FSX? Even a tiny bit....??

Now that prepar3d is around the corner I personally feel it's time to move on(some have already moved on to X-plane and good for them, it just wasn't for me), and having a "FSX disc burning party" finally when it seems the FSX era soon will be over and venting out all that frustration just feels soooo good, and yes I will burn my disc and pis# on the fire afterwards, literally speaking. And that will give me some feel of satisfaction back off all the time used swearing, tweaking, dissapointments, readjust settings after a new shiny payware addon has been installed, expensive hardware upgrades just too sqeak a frame or to out of it and praying for things too work after all these years this sim has been around.

So c'mon guys join the party and lets not start a "I love this vs that sim" :Party: Plenty of other threads to do that or not, don't ruin the party :lol: 

:drinks: Thanks to the OP for starting this thread so I could, unlease some frustration before the burning party begins, now I have to stop before my RP's hit rock bottom, I obviously stepped on some toes here and offended some fellow FSX fboys.. Sorry about that...

(Could also turn out that Prepar3dV2 will bring on new frustrations and continue bringing the tradition forward for that matter, but right now Im celebrating in advance and takes that as it comes, Im sure I will love and hate the "new" SIM just as much as the "old")

I love FSX, best sim I have ever had going all the way back to the subLogic days. Never any problems that weren't my fault. Used NickN's setup guide years ago and works like a charm.

It will be interesting to see if P3D magically cures the problems that some have had with FSX. Somehow I doubt it. Once people start loading it with addons, any number of driver and OS combinations, plus people trying to push it beyond what their hardware is able to handle, they'll probably start having the same types of problems they have with FSX. Since P3D is still 32 bit, has an extended draw radius slider to take it to 6.5, and a slider to set up to 4096 textures, people will go wild with HD textures and end up OOM'ing it just like they do with FSX. Then the complaints will start all over. Maybe for those that like to max everything without risk, FS9 would be a better option than P3D since it seems that you cant get CTDs or OOMs with it, bullet proof in a way.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I really think some people are addicted to the whole tweak thing. I always read about people having to reinstall FSX, move this, do this thing now its messed up here, etc. I've had my FSX installed on my Qosmio going on almost 4 years and thank God haven't had any issues. My system isn't all that either. I average 20-25 fps and it runs smooth. Are my sliders all maxed? Nope, but I'm very satisfied with the realism of my sim. Just enjoy the sim.

Reik Namreg

I have had no problems with FSX since last years move to Win8. Runs fine and smooth. I am trying to avoid dodgy third party addons.

I am tired of having a perfectly tuned FSX that suddenly breaks weeks later for no apparent reason.   -_-   Which is what I am experiencing now.  I can't do a single flight.  My game keeps crashing while I am doing pre-flight work on the ground.  I have no idea what is causing it.   It just fatal errors with a crash error message.   It finally ID itself in the crash log this time as the NTDLL.DLL file causing the fault... a well known error that I thought I crushed months ago... now it is back for no apparent reason.   It makes me want to find the original programmers and beat them all with a rubber chicken.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

FSX is rock-stable on my system..

Knock on wood!

Last time I said that I got a ntdll crash straight afterwards :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I dont spend much time tweaking, infact, I've spent about 15 minutes tweaking since I upgraded my computer. Its rock stable and it performs alright

vatsim s3

1133704.png

There's nothing wrong with FSX. It's a very solid platform. It's all those payware add-ons that cause it to bloat.

I have been using it for 7 years without problems. I only use a collection of tweaks that I reapply every time I format my computer. No endless tweaking. FSX has given me so much fun over the years; it doesn't deserve to burn in hell.

I believe that simmers love the challenge, if everything worked it could become boring. Besides tweaking my sims FS9-FSX,  I also have to tweak my golf game all the time lol. Happy problem solving my friends.

I guess I am a bit different than some of you. I take a lot of pride in the fact that I am part of a community that has in spite of many set backs, survives today and I can sit in my house and fire up the Flight 1 B200 and FSX for a trip to about any place on earth. Is it perfect? No... not by a long shot. Will it ever be perfect? Nope...not going to happen. Will Prepar3DV2.0 be "Flight Sim Heaven" Again...Nope. It is just another stop on the trip.

FSX may not be the best looking boat in the harbor but it has kelp us afloat during a really bad Flight Sim Storm!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

FSX it self is cheap, when you start adding add-ons to try and run it as stable and as real as possible, then you need to invest in high end CPU, Graphic card etc. Often these kind of investment can cost as much as from £600-1000. If you just want to have a stable and cheap simulating experience, I personally think Accusim C172 as add-on is OK and affordable. I use to be very frustrated as you until I completely upgrade my PC. 

Oh a piece of advice, don't download crack add-ons. These software/add-ons often contain viruses and can cause your fsx to crash.  

People here that has a stable FSX simulation experience buy genuine stuff. Unless they try to push the system to the limits.   

Tired of tweeking and trying this and that with multiple reinstalls. Is there any other computer game which demands so much from its user to have it work like it is suppose to?

I can understand the frustration if you're literally changing settings on a daily or even weekly basis, but it's been my experience with FSX, P3D, and X-Plane 10 that once you get beyond your initial set up process, it's hands off from there.

From a clean virgin installation, sure - it could very well take a day or two of part-time computer use to install a massive library of addons, adjusting settings to my tastes, and making sure all was well... but outside of that, I very rarely if EVER need to do follow-up adjustments or tweaks for any purpose. For several years now, FSX has been a set-it-and-forget-it product once installed.

After Acceleration released, the claim that FSX requires more care and feeding than a newborn infant has always escaped me. (shrug).

I believe that simmers love the challenge, if everything worked it could become boring. Besides tweaking my sims FS9-FSX,  I also have to tweak my golf game all the time lol. Happy problem solving my friends.

Well the challenge was fun for the first month after installation but now.. when I am on short final after a 4 hour flight.. I don't need a Fatal Crash popping out of my monitor and punching me in the face... T_T

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy