Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Fog at night is purple

Hello everyone,

I searched the web on that one but never found anything useful. My fog at night is unrealistically purple:

CVRRGL.jpg

This picture is supposed to be on 1 am at night. I use REX (textures only) and ASE (weather engine only). I once installed shade but deinstalled it again because it made everything too dark for my tastes.

My guess is that I need to replace some textures that where changed by something. Any Ideas on that one? thanks in advance.....

I can't help myself....purple haze in FSX....gees no wonder we have some many issues with FSX being stable.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Yep, looks like a Shade issue. Try their forum to see how you can restore the default shaders.

Funny their is another post like this today as well.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426207-strange-night-textures-while-in-clouds/#entry2852302

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK, I just used shade GUI to look up the sky texture color and found out that the default FSX fog colour was indeed set to a slightly pinkish grey. Only way I can think of how that happened is that I once tested shade and FSX crashed before shade could reload the default textures OR REX has faulty texture sets which get installed again and again. ;)

Could anyone please tell me which texture files are for fog in FSX? then I could change the colors on my own. I cannot do this using shade because it removes the alteres files when exiting FSX and I need to adjust the default FSX ones and see if the color setting gets overwritten by REX.