Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

5 flights later, some issues...

Missed this earlier.  This is not true.  Perhaps you're not reading it properly.

It works, as demonstrated here (46:00 - lat/lon entered specifically at 48:20):

Perhaps it would be easier to just follow the video?

Good vid. I did the same steps you have done, checked for typos, checked the screen, checked the tutorial pdf, etc, I did it EXACTLY like you, Kyle.  Every time I enteredd the numerical string, INVALID ENTRY was displayed.  Fix page 2 and page 4 instructions worked fine.

I ran through the tutorial the other day. ... you can read them with different emotions and get different results.  

Not trashing PMDG, not even mad, I know that at some point in the future it will get fixed.  Just tossed this out to see if anyone else has the g/s acquire issue.  My aircraft sees the markers and the localaizer, but never shows that the g/s is availalble for capture.  It just keeps going at 2000 ft until the airfield is in the rear view mirror.

Also, I bought the Aerosoft add-on field for the Maldives and my aircraft LG are not visible.  No runway, just grass where the runway should be at approach and departure.  All the buildings, water, etc. loaded OK.  Installed manually and automatically like 20 times.  Nothing.  Deleted the files between the install attempts.  Surrendered, assumed lost $ from Aerosoft and moved on.  I tried to register for their forum, but no response.  This was Saturday or Sunday.

Good vid. I did the same steps you have done, checked for typos, checked the screen, checked the tutorial pdf, etc, I did it EXACTLY like you, Kyle. Every time I enteredd the numerical string, INVALID ENTRY was displayed. Fix page 2 and page 4 instructions worked fine.

Thanks.

I'm struggling with your assertion, though, because the code on your machine is the same code on my machine.  That code is clearly working as intended in the video, so I'm not quite sure it's an issue with the code.  I'm not trying to take a shot at you, but it's tough to pin it as an issue in the code when it's clearly working as intended in that video.  Perhaps you could put up a screenshot of what you're entering into the scratchpad.

Kyle Rodgers

I will this weekend.  On the road right now.  I don't mind someone pointing the finger of doubt, as I'd said in my initial post, it could be a stick actuator failure (that means I might have screwed up).

The g/s acquisition issue is a little frustrating...

Kattz, you seem to be taking things personally. People are trying to help you trouble shoot the problem, keep quoting comments and answering them does not help. I can understand your frustration when things don't seem to work, but nobody said that you was "trashing" PMDG, however if other people cannot replicate the problem it is hard to find the fault, such as your Aerosoft scenery problems, it seems like you may have a bgl file missing, or at least not being loaded as you have reinstalled it. I see the runways with the same scenery . Like Kyle said, these addons run the same code, the only two variables are the user and the machine. If there is not an influx of users running into the same problem then you can most likely rule out bugs. Best bet is to send in a ticket to PMDG and see if they can work out the problem.

Craig, I think that maybe you misunderstood my sense of humor.

I'm not mad.  I'm not raging.  I'm not taking things personally.  If fact, concerning this subject, I'm fine - cool as a cucumber.

I do like to poke a little fun at Kyle, but he's used to me. <_<  Kyle, I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

My only reason to post the g/s issue here was to see if anyone else had the issue.  I don't have time to read through the bug forum, sorry, it's very long.

I'll fly it again, maybe Friday nite when I get back home.  See what happens.  I'm going to try the semi-cold/dark state recommended by FlyBoyMikey above.  Even from a "known-bad" CLDDRK state, I found no bugs with the sim other than noted.  Really happy with it with the exception of this g/s issue.

One thing I really like is the feeling of size and weight you get from the sim.  It's not the NGX, that's for sure.

I don't mind someone pointing the finger of doubt, as I'd said in my initial post, it could be a stick actuator failure (that means I might have screwed up).

haha - I totally missed the stick actuator reference...massive derp on my part.

I do like to poke a little fun at Kyle, but he's used to me.   Kyle, I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Honestly, there were a few points where I was reading and was like "really???" but then I remembered your humor is about as warped as mine.  No feathers were truly ruffled, but I have been up since 2AM my time because my brain decided that it was a good time to start thinking about...everything.  So I wasn't quite...conscious, functional, or should have been at all allowed around people...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

The "fast fwd" time as you call it works from the vc. Make sure you are right clicking the clock. The time should turn green if it's activated

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hi, yes, I tried that as I was reading the tutorial. This might be one of those cases of stick actuator failure referred to. I clicked on all of the buttons, but I didn't right click. I must've missed that. Will try it again. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,

Kattz

Sorry Kattz, yes I probably did misunderstand you humour, unfortunately there are many people on this forum that seems to have a go at people and you start seeing it everywhere.

I only got round to my first flight with the 777 the other day and tried the tutorial. Made a few changes rather than just standard but everything worked fine. Like I said, I started at a gate with a short turn start. Then I decided to take a long flight from Dubai to Los Angeles to see if I get OOMS. I decided to do it without autocruise, so I took off last night (2200 hrs UK time) and I'm now over the States, about an hour away from KLAX and still no problems. Had to remember not to change the step climb on the ground.

Hope you work out your problems,

Thanks, Craig. Smooth flying girl, isn't she?

Strange.. I've flown into ATL in the T7 less than a week ago... ILS/Autoland CAT III worked fine

From Cold and dark state? 

Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

And if a inbound crew does set cold and dark it will annoy the mechanics who have to run their tests and checks after the pilots leave, I do see a nice use of CD if you are treating the 777 as your own VIP plane.

I just spoke to 777 chief pilot and maintenance control folks at the office. There is nothing wrong to put 777 into cold and dark state. They do it for number of reasons. Also when we leave our airplane overnight pilots put it on cold and dark state. To bring 777 back to live is a bit lengthy process but not that extremely lengthy, and it does not give any headache to a mechanic.  

As for "user error", Will was right "It is an option given by the developer, if it is there, it is understood you should be able to use it if you want to.", I use C/D because I like it. The bug is another story, not a use error. 

Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

When the ILS is "Parked" it cannot automatically retune to the correct frequency.

Best way to fix this is "Don't use the Cold and Dark panels state that came with the plane"

I use the cold and dark state all the time. I prefer to do it that way even though it may or may not be realistic (I like watching the plane come to life). That being said I get the ILS frequency to auto tune when it shows parked. The key is to delete the ils frequency that is in the fmc on the nav radio page prior to selecting your new arrival runway. Its a bit annoying but serves as a work around until they get the update out. The problem with the caution light coming on is just something I deal with. Other than that I have not come across frequent problems with the cold and dark state.   

This is how I've been doing it as well. Can you capture a glidescope?  My issue is no g/s capture at approach.  I can capture the localizer, but the g/s will not capture on final.  OM, MM, and IM shows up. 

My understanding from the tutorial and the handbook is that there will be a white G/S show up under LOC on the PFD when the glidescope is available for capture.  Am I screwing this up?

This is how I've been doing it as well. Can you capture a glidescope?  My issue is no g/s capture at approach.  I can capture the localizer, but the g/s will not capture on final.  OM, MM, and IM shows up. 

My understanding from the tutorial and the handbook is that there will be a white G/S show up under LOC on the PFD when the glidescope is available for capture.  Am I screwing this up?

I will try some more flights but am pretty sure I capture the glide slope. I have done a number of successful auto-landings, but if there was a bug I wouldn't know any better. I did have a situation coming into kjfk where I turned on the voc loc as I was coming on final and the plane tried to turn around. This was really annoying as ATC got all confused as my plane veered wildly off course. I'm not sure what caused that incident, unless fsx had a different ils code than what was in the fmc.