Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Community effort to populate XP is paying off!

I've been flying my new C90 for the past 10 hours doing some island hoping and I'm having a wonderful time doing it, to add to my already wonderful time flying this beauty, I stumble into a nice surprise.

It all started when I took off from Cancun MX (MMUN) and headed east to Montego Bay (MKJS) a 600 mile flight, after around 2.5 hours I landed on RW 07 with nice weather (by the way, I'm using RW), taxi and parked my C90 for a well deserved rest. Then got on my F33 Bonanza and headed east again on a 25 min flight into Norman Manly Int (MKJP)., to my surprise (thinking I was going to land on an empty airport) I happen to stumble into this:

Don't know who contributed with his/her work, but the community effort to populate XPlane is paying off...got a long way to go I know but it is well worth it.

Cheers to the author that made the final leg of my flight even more wonderful!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Love to see this.

Slowly but surely, we will get the airports filled out. 

I have often wondered if there isn't a way to automate the process by scanning airport diagrams.

BTW I love the new Kingair too, so much fun to fly.

BTW I love the new Kingair too, so much fun to fly.

Me too, and loving every minute of it!

Here's one of my favorite shots:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I've submitted a few to Robin for the next release (Humberside, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Andorra La Massana).  I prefer manual methods of manipulating my airports over an aerial photo than any automatic methods that exist.

Did you know:

-  You can pick and choose your walls on your building facade.  Tick the box "choose walls".  The select a node on your facade and choose what wall type you want.  Great for getting your warehouse doors facing the right direction.

Humberside that is great news as I fly from there a lot.

Here's a preview of Humberside airport.

I've now submitted Broadford, Plockton and Tiree airports over the last two days. 

Hoping to submit Colonsay, Coll and Barra airports in the near future.

Whow!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've submitted a few to Robin for the next release (Humberside, Isle of Man, Guernsey and Andorra La Massana).  I prefer manual methods of manipulating my airports over an aerial photo than any automatic methods that exist.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. The Isle of Man is one I regularly use, and look forward to seeing your work  :biggrin:

I never know if robin gets my airports, I don't get an auto reply or anything

He does get them, he just takes a while to reply. I waited 2 months for a VOR I added, but he did add it.

I never know if robin gets my airports, I don't get an auto reply or anything

If you submitted before the last update, fly to the airport in question. I've submitted a few before the last update and of mine all except YSTW are there ...