Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3D v 2.0 & "The Blurries"

All,

I'll take the plunge and open up the discussion around the dreaded topic of blurry textures. Given the move to put more power on the video card and leverage multi-cores, Prepar3D handling loading textures faster without blurry textures?

Tim

As far as I can see, there is no blurries and tree popins, and I'm running the sim on an old q6600 with a 560ti :)

Not trying to highjack this thread but I see you have a 560ti, if you have not tried it yet please can you do so and tell us if 1/2 refresh rate work in Nvidia Inspector, any tearing of the image?

I'm asking because I saw a vid. here on these forums experiencing stutterings (a lot IMHO), I concluded that 1/2 refresh rate was not on 1: because the maker of the vid. did not use 1/2 refresh rate or 2: 1/2 refresh rate did not work, from there my other question about seeing tearing of the image since full screen is not use anymore.

Thank you.

Were some bright spark to design software capable of rating topics in terms of the forum space given over here and elsewhere to them surely the dreaded 'blurries' would rate as the one allotted THE most space ... 

Not trying to highjack this thread but I see you have a 560ti, if you have not tried it yet please can you do so and tell us if 1/2 refresh rate work in Nvidia Inspector, any tearing of the image?

I'm asking because I saw a vid. here on these forums experiencing stutterings (a lot IMHO), I concluded that 1/2 refresh rate was not on 1: because the maker of the vid. did not use 1/2 refresh rate or 2: 1/2 refresh rate did not work, from there my other question about seeing tearing of the image since full screen is not use anymore.

Thank you.

1/2 refresh rate vsync is an option inside P3D now. I've seen shots of the menu.

There's no reason to force it at the driver.

The video you saw stuttering was because he was using FRAPS. That program will routinely cut your frames in half and induce stuttering while it's recording. 

Can you Provide a link??

No, because it was a shot posted pre-NDA on another forum. 

If you just want confirmation on all the vsync options, it's posted on the prepar3d forums by a developer. About 2 weeks ago.

1/2 refresh rate vsync is an option inside P3D now. I've seen shots of the menu.

There's no reason to force it at the driver.

The video you saw stuttering was because he was using FRAPS. That program will routinely cut your frames in half and induce stuttering while it's recording. 

I made severals vid. Fraps + DX10 with 1/2 refresh rate on, WITHOUT any stutterings with everything maxed out, my question is...., does 1/2 refresh rate work with P3D in window mode since Full Screen is not a option anymore, any tearing of the image, with all due respect to you and unless you were a beta tester you don't have the answer, I asked a beta tester, Oystein Johansen, I got no answer so far, as other beta tester already answered other technical questions there is only two possibility here...1: it work + no tearing of the image = GREAT, 2: it does not work + tearing of the image + stutterings = BUMMER, how hard can it be to answer this question?

how hard can it be to answer this question?

I am also a bit surprised about the lack of info on some subjects, like vsync indeed, but also how performance is with FSX-like settings, if the default sky textures and clouds are different from FSX, the need (or not) for NI, does autogen popup or not… simple questions that I don't see answered anywhere. Autogen popping up is a major annoyance for a lot of people and I STILL don't know how it looks, if it works… I expected a LOT more information by now. It's a bit odd, really.

I am also a bit surprised about the lack of info on some subjects, like vsync indeed, but also how performance is with FSX-like settings, if the default sky textures and clouds are different from FSX, the need (or not) for NI, does autogen popup or not… simple questions that I don't see answered anywhere. Autogen popping up is a major annoyance for a lot of people and I STILL don't know how it looks, if it works… I expected a LOT more information by now. It's a bit odd, really.

IIRC I saw a post yesterday where Tim of REX stated that the default P3D V2 cloud textures were the same as FSX default. 

Everywhere I look I see posts stating that autogen popping is a thing of the past with P3D V2.

Maybe no one has answered the question on the vsync issue because everyone is having so much fun using the beta and finally not tweaking and tweaking and tweaking.... and have no need to go digging beyond the menu's settings. Seeing as the NDA is lifted, seems to me that if there were some major issues with the betas that folks would be revealing it left and right...shouting from the rooftops per se. It'd take a huge collaboration to get everyone to be silent on a major problem this close to release. 

Seems to me if the NDA was lifted it would be a very easy yes or no anwere to Alan's question?

I made severals vid. Fraps + DX10 with 1/2 refresh rate on, WITHOUT any stutterings with everything maxed out, my question is...., does 1/2 refresh rate work with P3D in window mode since Full Screen is not a option anymore, any tearing of the image, with all due respect to you and unless you were a beta tester you don't have the answer, I asked a beta tester, Oystein Johansen, I got no answer so far, as other beta tester already answered other technical questions there is only two possibility here...1: it work + no tearing of the image = GREAT, 2: it does not work + tearing of the image + stutterings = BUMMER, how hard can it be to answer this question?

You can go to the guys newest video he posted yesterday on his channel. He puts a disclaimer at the end where he says the stuttering is from the video recording program and he has no stuttering in regular play.

I'm not sure what else you need. There's no conspiracy here.

And maybe you recorded FRAPS with no stuttering, but it's a fact that FRAPS (and other recording programs) can be bad for FPS and stuttering. And that goes for most games, not just FSX/P3D. I've heard of FRAPS cutting FPS in half before.

Seems to me if the NDA was lifted it would be a very easy yes or no anwere to Alan's question?

It was answered weeks ago. 1/2 refresh rate Vysnc (even 1/8 refresh rate) is now an option inside P3D. Straight from the developers mouth.

You can go to the guys newest video he posted yesterday on his channel. He puts a disclaimer at the end where he says the stuttering is from the video recording program and he has no stuttering in regular play.

I take no heed to what I see in videos. I want the horses mouth.

It was answered weeks ago. 1/2 refresh rate Vysnc (even 1/8 refresh rate) is now an option inside P3D. Straight from the developers mouth.

Good enough. But, does it elimanate tearing?  That wasn't so hard now was it. :)

I'm not sure what else you need. There's no conspiracy here.

And maybe you recorded FRAPS with no stuttering, but it's a fact that FRAPS (and other recording programs) can be bad for FPS and stuttering. And that goes for most games, not just FSX/P3D. I've heard of FRAPS cutting FPS in half before.

I saw that vid. he's over WATER only, FSX maxed out in the middle of the ocean will not give you any problems what so ever on a Q9650.....was he using a Nvidia card? Did he has 1/2 refresh rate enable or not?

Having it as an option is one thing, does it work in window mode, tearing?.....easy for a beta tester to answer.