Sign in to follow this  
E6BAV8R

GSX - Passengers Boarding Freighter?

I recently purchased GSX and on my first flight utilizing it I was flying the PMDG 777F.  I had no issues with getting the actual services themselves to work properly but I noticed that, while flying the Freighter version, “boarding passengers and baggage” was still the only selection (as opposed to “load cargo”).  Therefore, after selecting this option, the cargo loaders appeared and were working correctly.   However, the passenger bus appeared and all of the passenger boarding sounds were playing while passengers boarded.

Certainly it isn’t correct that a passenger bus and passenger boarding sounds are supposed to appear/play when the aircraft selected is a Freighter variant?  GSX can obviously tell the difference between the two by the different usage of cargo or baggage loaders, so I am confused as to why passengers were boarding.

I presume the easiest way to fix this is to rename/remove the passenger boarding sound files but I am wondering if this a bug?  I fly a vast majority Freighters and I don’t want passengers boarding the aircraft every time I want to load cargo into a Freighter.  They'll be even more mad than I when they realize there are no seats for them on a 10 hour flight.

GSX is not designed for freighter aircraft. And there actually are a small number of seats on every freighter aircraft usually reserved for deadheading crew, maint techs, or other employees.

GSX is not designed for freighter aircraft.

It is designed for Freighter aircraft just as much as it is Passenger.

And there actually are a small number of seats on every freighter aircraft usually reserved for deadheading crew, maint techs, or other employees.

I don't see what this has to do with what I said.  There are not seats for 400 passengers, nor flight attendants to greet those passengers onto the airplane.

Probably the only people who would be able to answer this would be the developers over at FS Dream Team. I see you've already posted this question there as well, so I guess it's just sit and wait at this point.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

GSX is not designed for freighter aircraft

It has been since the last couple of updates

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.