Sign in to follow this  
jocatch

Where is this nosie coming from?

I just purchased the 737 NGX and let me say it is awesome. I have owned many planes over the years including the Concorde, 727, 737, 747, 767, DC10, and more. But ths NGX is the best I have ever seen. Hats off to PMDG.

So with that said I am wondering why with EVERYTHING shutdown I still hear noise in the cockpit. Air noises as if the fans or something were still on. I flew and landed and turned off the APU, engines, disconnected the battery, everything. Yet the cockpit still had what sounded like fans or engine sounds. Am I missing something here? BTW, there were no other jets parked next to me.

Not a big issue at all, just wondering.

JC

P.S. I just did the first tutorial and was wondering how do I generate the flight plan to enter into the FMC for my own flights? Is there more help on programing the FMC? The tutorial said it was easy, just enter this data. But then there were changes and deletions that had to be made before I could EXEC the plan.

I always get "Engine at full TOGA thrust" if I shut down, switch to external view, and switch back to VC.

The "Press Q twice" thing works, and usually any subsequent visits to external view don't return the problem.

NGX suffers worse than other simpler aircraft, probably because of how many sound effects it has programmed. That said, even simple aircraft sometimes experience the bug.

Thank you. When I get home I will try that fix.

The plane sounds very, very good as I pipe the sound through a 150 watt amp driving floor mounted towers!

JC

P.S. I found a site, http://www.simbrief.com/home/index.php that I think will generate flight plans and download to my PC. I just haven't figured out how to get a downloaded fp into the 737. I hope I don't have to type it in by hand...but I'll find out when I am in front of my computer later tonight.

P.S. I found a site, http://www.simbrief.com/home/index.php that I think will generate flight plans and download to my PC. I just haven't figured out how to get a downloaded fp into the 737. I hope I don't have to type it in by hand...but I'll find out when I am in front of my computer later tonight.

I have PFPX and I assume the procedure is the same, put the downloaded flight plan into PMDG/Flightplans/NGX folder in your FSX folder. 

I have PFPX and I assume the procedure is the same, put the downloaded flight plan into PMDG/Flightplans/NGX folder in your FSX folder. 

Yes, thanks. I downloaded my first fp from Sim Brief and put it in that folder and the 737 FMC saw it and it actually worked! Wow, I am happy.

JC