Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG is looking for a few good testers... with a unique twist...

Captains-

It is EXTREMELY rare that we put out an open casting call for new testers- but we have a couple of unique opportunities available that we would like to see if you can fill:

We are inching closer to the testing process for the first of our upcoming PMDG Classics series of products.  The first product in this line will be the Douglas DC-6.

Unlike the modern airliners that comprise our primary product line- there aren't many DC-6s left in the world, so it isn't a simple thing to collect a bunch of experts from various airlines and seek their input to enhance the quality of the finished product.

So- we are putting out a general call for anyone who can answer yes to any of the qualities listed below:

1) You have in your logbook PIC, SIC or FE flight time in the DC-2, DC-3, DC-4, DC-6 or DC-7 type airplanes.

2) You have experience maintaining a DC-2, DC-3, DC-4, DC-6 or DC-7.

3) You have experience flying or maintaining some other type of airplane that is powered by 1820, 1830, R2000, R2800, 3360 engines or similar.

If you can answer yes to any of the qualities listed above, then we would like to seek your interest in helping us to test the DC-6 and subsequent products coming on the PMDG Classics production line.

The first test will be to see if you are able to follow instructions- so here we go:

1) Go to http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2) Create an account if needed, or log in using your existing account credentials.

3) Create a ticket for GENERAL SUPPORT that lists "DC-6 BETA TEST" in the subject line.

4) Give us a quick summary of your experience in the content portion of the ticket, along with any proof of your experience that you care to provide.  (Photos, scans of licenses, etc.)

We will then get back to you with questions and/or further instructions!

NOTE:  We do conduct background verification on all applicants- so please be prepared to provide some documentary evidence of your background.  This is a normal process and is usually pretty painless unless your documentary evidence requires surgery to see...  :ph34r:

NOTE 2: We are not recruiting individuals for any other testing positions.  If you contact us with a request to join this team and you are clearly not qualified, you will not receive an answer.  If you contact us with a request to join the 777 or 744 testing teams, you will not receive an answer.

Thanks, folks- we look forward to hearing from a few of you!

P.S.:  You might get a quiz too see what you really know.  For example- we may ask you "Which is the right engine for a DC-3?  1820 or 1830?"  We may also ask questions such as "What does it mean when your R2000 stops dripping oil?"

If you don't know those answers.....  hmmmmmm

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wow this is awesome news!  Although I'm 100% ruled out on  the beta quals, good luck to those who get selected.  Oh, and Robert said FIRST IN THE LINE OF CLASSICS SERIES.  I don't know what's cooking, but something tells me I'm going to like it B)

Chris Sunseri

"What does it mean when your R2000 stops dripping oil?"

Yer outta oil...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Great news, lately I've been starting to collect MSE photoreal sceneries for the US and a DC-6 would be just perfect for some slightly slower and lower altitude cross country flying. Definitely looking forwards to its release. 

Regards

Joona L

This is a brilliant request to read.  Obviously I am not qualified, but the fact that PMDG are moving forward with testing of the DC-6 is very exciting!

Don't you mean Wright engine? :P

Brian

Brian-

Nope.  I meant "Right" as in "correct" or "best."  B)

In which case I definitely didn't mean Wright.  :lol:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wonder if we might see some of the TV series "ICE PILOTS" flying a Beta for PMDG ?

Buffalo Airways probably knows as much about the innards of DC6s as anyone.

january

In the immortal words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, oh goodie oh goodie oh goodie oh goodie

Yes- this is great news. A PMDG DC-6 will be my most anticipated release. Chances are it will take a year or longer until release but I'm just glad to hear this project is moving forward. Time to brush up on noon sightings, reduction tables, set and drift analysis, piloting and dead reckoning.

This will be fun.

I washed DC-3 in my younger days in Griffin Georgia!  B)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

rsrandazzo, on 20 Nov 2013 - 5:34 PM, said:

Captains-

It is EXTREMELY rare that we put out an open casting call for new testers- but we have a couple of unique opportunities available that we would like to see if you can fill:

We are inching closer to the testing process for the first of our upcoming PMDG Classics series of products.  The first product in this line will be the Douglas DC-6.

Unlike the modern airliners that comprise our primary product line- there aren't many DC-6s left in the world, so it isn't a simple thing to collect a bunch of experts from various airlines and seek their input to enhance the quality of the finished product.

So- we are putting out a general call for anyone who can answer yes to any of the qualities listed below:

1) You have in your logbook PIC, SIC or FE flight time in the DC-2, DC-3, DC-4, DC-6 or DC-7 type airplanes.

2) You have experience maintaining a DC-2, DC-3, DC-4, DC-6 or DC-7.

3) You have experience flying or maintaining some other type of airplane that is powered by 1820, 1830, R2000, R2800, 3360 engines or similar.

If you can answer yes to any of the qualities listed above, then we would like to seek your interest in helping us to test the DC-6 and subsequent products coming on the PMDG Classics production line.

The first test will be to see if you are able to follow instructions- so here we go:

1) Go to http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2) Create an account if needed, or log in using your existing account credentials.

3) Create a ticket for GENERAL SUPPORT that lists "DC-6 BETA TEST" in the subject line.

4) Give us a quick summary of your experience in the content portion of the ticket, along with any proof of your experience that you care to provide.  (Photos, scans of licenses, etc.)

We will then get back to you with questions and/or further instructions!

NOTE:  We do conduct background verification on all applicants- so please be prepared to provide some documentary evidence of your background.  This is a normal process and is usually pretty painless unless your documentary evidence requires surgery to see...  :ph34r:

NOTE 2: We are not recruiting individuals for any other testing positions.  If you contact us with a request to join this team and you are clearly not qualified, you will not receive an answer.  If you contact us with a request to join the 777 or 744 testing teams, you will not receive an answer.

Thanks, folks- we look forward to hearing from a few of you!

P.S.:  You might get a quiz too see what you really know.  For example- we may ask you "Which is the right engine for a DC-3?  1820 or 1830?"  We may also ask questions such as "What does it mean when your R2000 stops dripping oil?"

If you don't know those answers.....  hmmmmmm

I have a small amount of time in the DC-3 and yea if any radial stops dripping oil then your out of oil. I do have a good bit of time in my fathers Yak-52 also working on it with our mechanic the yak is powered by a supercharged radial if that counts for anything?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.