Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

G'morning, Kyle. Now you're not bored anymore ...

No, but I also haven't made my way downstairs for some Starschmucks... :Cuppa:

Im only partially ears tho.. tapping in on keywords.. Guess this time it will be Performance, 300ER Taxi progress

haha - who knows.  I haven't even seen the update list.  I'll definitely be covering all of the changes, though...including what the heck semi-levered landing gear is, and why it's used (honestly just Googled it after reading Robert's post a few minutes ago - nifty stuff).

here we go......

Got coffee...check, got snacks....check, Kyle is online.....check

Now we just need some catalyst. Ill start it out,

Will the 300ER release be for P3D? After the 747v2 are you going to do a A320?

Wind him up and let him goooooooooooooooooo!

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the update, Robert. Looking forward to the 300ER, 747v2 and seeing if the SP1 solves my crashing problem (although I'm currently running through a support ticket to see if it's something else).

Best,

Karl

Thanks for info.

To be honest, no -300ER for me to fly all over FSX world with, since my money goes to another company from now on, sorry to say, but that's life, my life moves on, like my flight simulator...

Mr. Randazzo, when can we see some pictures of the new 744???

Edoardo Paulicelli

fsxnz1yr0.jpg

My fsx runs on: CPU:Corei7950@4.1Ghz (196*21) Mobo:Asus P6tDeluxeV2 RAM:Corsair 12Gb Video:Nvidia 580 GTX HDD:2 WD 130Gb + 1 Seagate barracuda 500Gb

Can't wait to try the FBW of the SP1!!!

Alexis Mefano

First off- we really hope you are enjoying the airplane.  The state of simulation is one that we are really quite proud of- and during the past couple of months we have been hearing from many of you who are professing just how much you really like the airplane.  Of all the projects we have brought to market, this one is my personal favorite thus far- which is saying something because you all know of my affinity for the 744.

Enjoying? How about 'addicted'? Starting from the short turn-around, I can be in the air in 15 minutes flying a beautiful departure for my daily KMEM-KSGF flights for FedEx. I get a solid 45 mins of flying as my 'drug' before work each day. Well worth my money.

We are preparing to push the first full SP1 (Service Pack) out to our testing team so that they can validate some of the changes we have made since the product released in September.  I will at some point publish a list of fixes and a partial list of additions/changes- but that is beyond the scope of today's discussion- and we still haven't finished with the fixes we have planned...

Thanks for being willing to provide the detail. That alone can take a couple of days to gather the info, review it for accuracy, run it past a couple of people for editing and post. Sometimes people can forget how long things take and two days away from development might prevent Santa from picking the SP up for Christmas delivery.

SP1 currently encompasses about 120 changes.  Ninety of those changes are fixes/tweaks/corrections from the original release- and we still have more that we intend to work through before pushing SP1 out the door.  Some of the items are really small, but some were pretty big for performance enhancement- so overall we think you will find improved performance, stability and improved functionality over the original release!

It's the attention to detail that makes me smile every time I climb in the cockpit. I love listening to the cockpit noises during APU power-up on the headset, separate from the "outside" engine noise on the speakers--helps me stay immersed in the simulation.

The SP1 update will release concurrently with the PMDG 777-300ER, but it will not be required that you obtain the 300ER in order to get the SP1 improvements.

Thanks!

One area that we are not certain will be ready at release time is the taxi cameras.  We have not yet succeeded in providing the multi-camera view in a manner that is stable enough for day-to-day use.  Stability is a major issue to sim users- so unless/until we get a stable camera module, we won't include it in the release.  Stay tuned on this topic...

My nickel's worth--I don't miss it and wouldn't care to ever see it if that meant getting the 747v2 out the door faster... :)

Oh- and the 747-400v2.0 is making rapid forward progress...  Which pleases me immensely.  Wait until you see this beautiful airplane put together with the level of detail we used in the NGX and the 777 product lines.  It has to be seen to be believed!

This makes me happy and sad. Happy because I wanted to buy this but didn't want the "old" version--sad because like many others, I'm hoping for a P3D version of a PMDG aircraft. I won't poison this thread with lame comments or complaints. I work for a large company that makes odd decisions that leave heads scratching. Sometimes I get the chance to see the 'behind the scenes' of a decision process and it become pretty obvious why something happened. A company that spends the attention to detail that you do would be very aware that P3D would be a good platform for their products. For someone to say to say otherwise would be childish. Like a lot of technically-minded people, I often want to know 'why' something is the way it is, and the not knowing of the 'why' makes it frustrating.

One day, when enough time has passed, it might be great if you could post the why behind the delay (or the never) of a P3D move.

Thanks to you and your team for the work you do. Even if I have to buy a dedicated sim PC just to run the PMDG line, I'll keep flying. Cheaper than writing the check to Boeing and renting the hanger space...

Steve Kirks

FDX4345 on VATSIM in the PMDG 777

Shame I won't be joining the Party (so looking forward) on the 777 expansion :(

I'll be joining the P3Dv2 path and it's not supported/licensed on it.

shame I lost a great plane and a customer for you, but I've made up my mind.

I am giving up the amount I spent for the 777, was nice having it for the short time I had.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I am giving up the amount I spent for the 777, was nice having it for the short time I had.

I just don't understand these nonsense comments. What is the problem with running concurrently FSX and the other sim? I too will be getting it soon after release, and if an add-on isn't able to be run on it, I'll use FSX. I don't understand this type of grandstanding and sounding as if you are leaving your wife/family???

David Porrett

AWESOME: I´m so happy that you´ll release SP1 and the -300ER soon!!! Nice to hear that you try to improve our performance with this beauty. I will keep FSX on my system until we get the "OK" for using the T7 in Prepar3d V2....

PMDG, you can count on me! I´ll stay your loyal customer, even if we can´t use your products in Prepar3d. No PMDG in Prepar3d = No Prepar3d!!! - A simulator without PMDG products can´t be a good simulator  B) 

PMDG, i just love you forever...  :wub: 

I just don't understand these nonsense comments. What is the problem with running concurrently FSX and the other sim? I too will be getting it soon after release, and if an add-on isn't able to be run on it, I'll use FSX. I don't understand this type of grandstanding and sounding as if you are leaving your wife/family???

For me personally  it is performance issues, I get between 13-18 FPS in FSX with the NGX and around 16-19 with T7.

it could drop as low as 9 FPS at high quality airports.

no matter how low/high I go with the FSX settings sliders, it seems to have no impact, Positive or negative performance in FSX.

that means it is hardly flyable, FSX became absolute for me personally (non usable).

all that is because I am running on an 8 core 3GHz CPU (Intel Xeon i5-2670) which I can't OC any higher then 3GHz.

my Graphic card is very strong (GTX770) so is RAM (16GB).

P3Dv2 shell remove that issue off me as my fairly low GHz CPU I have will have less of an impact on the overall performance of the SIM.

Joel Strikovsky

Why get a 700 series card if you can't even break 3 GHz on your CPU?

You are bottlenecking your system and this type of problem won't be magically fixed just from switching to P3D.

Why get a 700 series card if you can't even break 3 GHz on your CPU?

that is already a whole new/different discussion, but this is out of scope.

in short, my Computer is not only for the SIM, I run things that need the Xeon 8 Core CPU i am running at (non games related)

You are bottlenecking your system and this type of problem won't be magically fixed just from switching to P3D.

P3Dv2 should not be bottled-necked by the CPU any longer or at least as much as we saw in FSX (based on what LM claims). almost all modern games on the market today are not,

so it is not unreasonable to claim the same will be true with P3Dv2 to a satisfy degree.

Joel Strikovsky

Gents-

I think there are a few larger questions for Mr. Kinder:

1) If you are such a big 777 user- does it bother you that I find it odd you have no user account with us?

2) If you are such a detail freak- does it bother you that I find it odd you are so uninformed on our position with respect to P3D?

3) Do you always throw tantrums and storm out when you don't get your way?

But before you get to #2 and #3- I do find #1 rather interesting...  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

I think there are a few larger questions for Mr. Kinder:

1) If you are such a big 777 user- does it bother you that I find it odd you have no user account with us?

2) If you are such a detail freak- does it bother you that I find it odd you are so uninformed on our position with respect to P3D?

3) Do you always throw tantrums and storm out when you don't get your way?

But before you get to #2 and #3- I do find #1 rather interesting...  :ph34r:

Robert,

Are you sure you need lawyers to assist you?   Your cross-examination is pretty good :LMAO: !

+1, these comments are scattered all over the forums and it is like they are upset the rest of the world sticks with FSX... Or something...   I am not sure what this is all about, but these FSX v P3D debates are getting really tiresome - if you want to switch, do it already, don't spoil the fun and excitement for the rest of us.   Do it quickly and quietly and let the rest of us have fun without you :P .

For me personally  it is performance issues, I get between 13-18 FPS in FSX with the NGX and around 16-19 with T7.

it could drop as low as 9 FPS at high quality airports.

no matter how low/high I go with the FSX settings sliders, it seems to have no impact, Positive or negative performance in FSX.

that means it is hardly flyable, FSX became absolute for me personally (non usable).

all that is because I am running on an 8 core 3GHz CPU (Intel Xeon i5-2670) which I can't OC any higher then 3GHz.

my Graphic card is very strong (GTX770) so is RAM (16GB).

P3Dv2 shell remove that issue off me as my fairly low GHz CPU I have will have less of an impact on the overall performance of the SIM.

That is a bold statement considering the fact that you have no way of knowing that!   Let me tell you something else - I run a Q9550 Core2Quad CPU at 2.83 GHz standard, not overclocked, with 6GB RAM and a GeForce 400 series GTX card, with very good slider settings and easily get 25-30 fps on the ground and between 40 and 50 fps whilst at altitude.   If my pc can give this performance comparing it with your specs, there is something wrong with your setup, not FSX mate!   My system is archaic in comparison to yours!

Please people, just give this huge FSX v P3D debate a rest already - if you want to head in that direction and miss out on the fun, so be it, but don't flood all the forums with these types of posts which really serves no purpose but to start an argument and attempting to make the rest of us who stick with FSX look like idiots or morons or something like that.   I respect your choice, I really do, but we enjoy FSX and let that be that!

Kind regards