Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

Great news.  Honestly, I don't have any issues with the T7 as it is, but that's just my experience, so I welcome any bug fixes and performance improvements.  I would like to know if a 200ER, with proper GE,RR, or PW engine visual, fuel burn/performance, and systems modeling is still in the cards?   I'm dying to fly this bird in British Airways colors, but only as the -200ER that wears the uniform in the real world.

Waiting for 744X v2.0.... :| But good to hear that it won't be long until she's finally there!

I hope the SAT dome (on-off) feature can be found on the B77W. Bunch of carriers like the new American, Turkish, ANA, etc..carry these big SAT domes.

thanks,

Kin M.

(Klax)

Hmm, I wonder what goodies Robert is talking about???

My guess is perfectly accurately modelled yoke colours..... :lol: 

Also, what's going on with EFB. I'm getting tired of "guesstimated" take off and landing performance.

How have you been calculating it for aircraft that don't come with EFB options for the majority of airlines like the NGX?

How have you been calculating it for aircraft that don't come with EFB options for the majority of airlines like the NGX?

Is he referring to the lack of a derate-vspeeds calculator, like a TOPCAT profile or alternative spreadsheet?  As a TOPCAT owner, I am eagerly awaiting one, but I think I have found something to help in the interim.  Look for a utility called Utopia in the Avsim library: utopia12.zip. 

It won't give you V-Speeds, but it will ask for some basic parameters that are important for calculating the derate, such as airport, runway, weather, and takeoff weight.   I just started using it, and I think it's pretty accurate.   For a flight from Narita Tokyo to Singapore, with a half full 200LR, the program instructed me to use Flaps 5, 60 degrees Assumed Temp, and TO2 for the derate!  I thought that seemed crazy, but remember, we are talking about the 777 here, and it was only a 6:45 hour flight from a 13000ft runway.  I ended up taking off with more than enough runway margin left.  

This is a FS9 program, but it actually reads FSX data to populate the weather and weight.   Bottom line, it's the best solution for the time being, and I feel safe using it. 

Thanks for the update Robert.

I'm so excited about the 777-300ER.  B) And the 747-400V2.0 as well.  :wink:

Also, what's going on with EFB. I'm getting tired of "guesstimated" take off and landing performance.

It is kinda fun though.  "Will I make it?".  Never had the RAAS go off yet though, or maybe it only does on landing I'm not sure.