Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

20NOV13 - PMDG 777-300ER & 200LR/F SP1 Update!

Though I look forward to the 300ER, I will have to readjust to lower FL's on long haul flights.

The 200 ER kept me at a minimum of FL350 and up, but this baby will keep me lower for the most part lol.

P.S. I love higher altitudes in real life, so it translates into FSX.

Waleed N

Though I look forward to the 300ER, I will have to readjust to lower FL's on long haul flights.

The 200 ER kept me at a minimum of FL350 and up, but this baby will keep me lower for the most part lol.

P.S. I love higher altitudes in real life, so it translates into FSX.

That's part of the real world challenges when flying long haul... You see CB TOPS TO FL380 and know that you'll not be able to get a stable cruise above that until your last hour of cruise. Or, other traffic on your track might be above you and happy, and not climb, trapping you at a lower FL. 

As a recommendation, don't cruise at "max" FL possible, since you're running into the possibility of coffin corner- especially when it gets bumpy. Stay about 1000ft below max for the best protection margin.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Let me see......777-200LR SP1, 777-300ER to come, The 747-400V2 to look forward to and finally improvements to the NGX. All looking great to see down the pipeline and make for an more enjoyable flying experience. :Applause:

Dear All,

I am waiting with Enthusiasm the 747 V2  ! Thank PMDG for you Kind Items.

Regards

That's part of the real world challenges when flying long haul... You see CB TOPS TO FL380 and know that you'll not be able to get a stable cruise above that until your last hour of cruise. Or, other traffic on your track might be above you and happy, and not climb, trapping you at a lower FL. 

As a recommendation, don't cruise at "max" FL possible, since you're running into the possibility of coffin corner- especially when it gets bumpy. Stay about 1000ft below max for the best protection margin.

Thanks for the heads up Brendan.

I somehow lost the smiley faces when I posted lol.

I flew to New York on an AF T7 a few years back, and was hoping for FL 360 to FL380 as it was a short trip from Paris, but we leveled out at FL340 for a while, only to be pushed back down to (Very bumpy all the way) FL320.

Then again, a few months later while over northeastern Canada on the way to N.Y., we had a half hour "Jiggle" in an Ek A380 at FL400.

Waleed N

Thanks for the heads up Brendan.

I somehow lost the smiley faces when I posted lol.

I flew to New York on an AF T7 a few years back, and was hoping for FL 360 to FL380 as it was a short trip from Paris, but we leveled out at FL340 for a while, only to be pushed back down to (Very bumpy all the way) FL320.

Then again, a few months later while over northeastern Canada on the way to N.Y., we had a half hour "Jiggle" in an Ek A380 at FL400.

I'm looking forward to the A330 eventually... They're always passing us doing .82-.84 on the tracks, up at 380-410 easy. 76? .80 to .78, at FL340 to start out at, depending on the load. 

This week across the pacific, lower has been the better ride westbound from the left-USA-coast- some cirrus-ey formations spanning the tracks that cause a lot of bumps. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

a good news for all FSXD simmers mate.

Tks fellows.

Regards.

Fher............... :P

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Will people who have the 747X get the V2 update for free or 50% or 75% off?

:lol:  :lol:

ermmm, no 

ZORAN

Guys, how does it look with price for 777-300ER extension?? :)) After NGX, I'm excited about this again! Hope NGX will include MCC as well as 777-200LR (and 777-300ER) will do! :)

Guys, you're really awesome!

Also, what's going on with EFB. I'm getting tired of "guesstimated" take off and landing performance.

I thought Ryan made it pretty clear it probably wasn't happening for various reasons?

TopCat are adding the 777's in the next update so I hear.

I thought Ryan made it pretty clear it probably wasn't happening for various reasons?

He said they cannot find a way to license charts and documentation for reasonable price. I'm talking about performance calculator part of EFB. I couldn't care less about charts, as I think it would be highly unintuitive to read a chart from virtual display.

:lol:  :lol:  "next update"  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  "next update"  :lol:  :lol:

Next time they update the aircraft list... Not sure what's so funny about that