Sign in to follow this  
SouthPawPaul

My take on voice activated checklists

Hi Paul, 

It is really good software :) 

Point no 2 was caused by audio from my speakers was captured by the microphone and some specific sound switched the checklists. It is not a issue - it is a feature :) Already solved :)

Point no 1 was more about the available checklist window (after saying show checklists) - I was asking if the prime names of each checklist in xml file can be changed somehow 0 

Like for example - instead of "Cabin Checklist" - I would like to have "Cold and Dark Checklist"

But I think it is already implemented into a exe file and cannot be changed. 

Anyway this is a small issue I can live with it - I just wanted to say again - great product !!!!!! Fit my needs at 100% !!!!

Many Thanks again Paul :)

Best Regards

Greg

thanks paul, i didnt realise that list was also parsed from the currently active checklist :)

I only included commands in my checklists that were in that list so obviously it was self restrictive.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi again, 

Finally recorded all wav files to my first checklist and it works almost perfect after adjusting a volume in a proper way. 

The only small issue I have found is that while I am using FSX in full screen mode when first command is entered (Cabin Checklist) software is causing FSX to minimize to tray and FSX cannot be recovered after - when I am using windowed mode everything works great :)

With cooperation with my freetrack device, triple monitors config and audio activated checklist makes it a real full set for flying :)   

Thnx again :) 

Tried with an amended checklist with customised longer responses and they are indeed properly parsed when the program is restarted :)

Thanks Paul, I didn't realise it did that, I'll have a look at it in more detail with my PA28 checklist over Christmas if I get chance...

I have my system already pretty well trained to my voice, as I also use VoxATC sometimes, so I shouldn't have too many probs with this!

For those that haven't already looked at voice activated add-ons, it's very very easy to set up through Windows 7, and we OS will take you through a set of dictation text to train it to recognise your voice. All in all it takes about 30mins to set up, but you only need to do it once, and the interactivity of these voice activated checklists is difficult to beat.

This is easy to install, easy to set up, great for GA flying where the complexity means you don't need the prog to actually change anything in the cockpit for you, it's completely customisable to whatever aircraft or version you are flying or learning...and it's FREE!!!

Great work Paul thanks :) K

Hi again, [/size]

[/size]

Finally recorded all wav files to my first checklist and it works almost perfect after adjusting a volume in a proper way. [/size]

[/size]

The only small issue I have found is that while I am using FSX in full screen mode when first command is entered (Cabin Checklist) software is causing FSX to minimize to tray and FSX cannot be recovered after - when I am using windowed mode everything works great :)[/size]

[/size]

With cooperation with my freetrack device, triple monitors config and audio activated checklist makes it a real full set for flying :)   [/size]

Thnx again :) [/size]

No problems at all with P3D2.4, I assume because it has no full screen mode :D

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I love this idea, wish someone would do it for the 737 NGX. I use FS2CREW but sometimes I like to fly it and do the first officer flow too, in which case I leave FS2CREW off.Also, fly military versions that don't have passenger boarding and this would be a perfect fit.

Can this program manipulate Mute/Listen modes like Hardware Mute in FS2Crew? This is very useful and eliminates so many mistakes of wrongly heard sounds and voices in the room. In FSUIPC I bind a key to 'press and hold' - sending 1 'unmute' command and 'release' that key sending 'mute'. Very useful, I'll try this program and see if this functionality can be set up in it.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Thanks Kevin, 

I will check how to teach W7 my voice :)

Now I can see even clearly that I should ask someone else to record all wav files - this could stop the heard over issue :)

Best Regards

Greg

@ ArnoBG

I am trying to prepare something related to 737 NGX Checklist (but I think this is more like flow than checklist)

I am flying PMDG 737NGX. 

I can share it with you once I am done :) 

Best Regards

Greg

And btw Greg is right, it's even more useful as a flow, actually both in one, particularly for those without FS2C support.

Dirk.

Can this program manipulate Mute/Listen modes like Hardware Mute in FS2Crew? This is very useful and eliminates so many mistakes of wrongly heard sounds and voices in the room. In FSUIPC I bind a key to 'press and hold' - sending 1 'unmute' command and 'release' that key sending 'mute'. Very useful, I'll try this program and see if this functionality can be set up in it.

Thanks,

Dirk.

No. This program at present can not manipulate a soft mute/listen mode.

Hi Guys, 

Just finished initial flow for PMDG 737 NGX, 

This is the version I have tested once on a short flight.

It looks quite okay - to use is it is good to see the xml file first cause it is almost 260 lines of text and sometimes can be tricky ;)

Anyways it comes with full audio - but with my dodgy polish accent :/

http://sendfile.pl/169687/Sim_Voice_Checklist.rar

To download it please click on "Pobierz" like shown on the picture :/ 

2ur4kev.jpg

Password for the archive: 737ngx

Let me know what you think :) 

Best Regards

Greg

Hi Again, 

If you are experiencing issues during FSX Full Screen just use the option Disable GUI. Without GUI problem does not exists. 

Best Regards

Greg

Paul, I discovered your App via FSX Times and since the A2A C172 is my favorite plane, I wanted to try it out. So I downloaded the files and started the installment.

But when it comes to the " Listen"-part I get the following error:

Microsoft.Net Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application

No recognizer of the required ID found.

Parameter name: culture

Can you help?

Karsten

1. Have you activated and trained the Microsoft speech recognition engine?

2. Have you ensured that under Options > Voice input, that you've selected the current culture settings for your Windows installation.

I've had some users report (early on in development) that if you've got a non English install of Windows then the Speech Recognition engine doesn't work.

Even before you try and get the app working. Ensure that that Speech Recognition engine built into windows is recognising the words you are saying as the app hooks directly into that functionality. A good test when you've got it setup is to dictate something into notepad and see how well it recognises the words you're saying.

Hi Guys, 

Just finished initial flow for PMDG 737 NGX, 

This is the version I have tested once on a short flight.

It looks quite okay - to use is it is good to see the xml file first cause it is almost 260 lines of text and sometimes can be tricky ;)

Anyways it comes with full audio - but with my dodgy polish accent :/

http://sendfile.pl/169687/Sim_Voice_Checklist.rar

To download it please click on "Pobierz" like shown on the picture :/ 

2ur4kev.jpg

Password for the archive: 737ngx

Let me know what you think :) 

Best Regards

Greg

Great work on this Greg. I'm sure folks will enjoy your efforts. I don't fly the 737NGX (pesky P3D EULA), so I can't effectively try out your efforts.

:) It is I should be thanking you :) Great tool Paul :) Full respect !!!

1. Have you activated and trained the Microsoft speech recognition engine?

2. Have you ensured that under Options > Voice input, that you've selected the current culture settings for your Windows installation.

I've had some users report (early on in development) that if you've got a non English install of Windows then the Speech Recognition engine doesn't work.

Even before you try and get the app working. Ensure that that Speech Recognition engine built into windows is recognising the words you are saying as the app hooks directly into that functionality. A good test when you've got it setup is to dictate something into notepad and see how well it recognises the words you're saying.

Great work on this Greg. I'm sure folks will enjoy your efforts. I don't fly the 737NGX (pesky P3D EULA), so I can't effectively try out your efforts.