Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

P3D V2 Master Compatibility List (Closed)

A fair amount of this list may have to change to account for P3D 2.1.  The A2A installers seem to be balky - AccuFeel seemed to install to the right locations but didn't get written into the DLL.XML file, so it doesn't load.  Haven't tried a manual edit it.  I notice also that the nav lights are missing from the Aircraft Factory Uhu - they were OK in 2.0.

So another round of experimentation begins...

A2A Piper Cub no longer works in P3Dv2.1.  No prop animation.  C172 still seems to work.  

I can confirm that after installing the Full version of 2.1 that the A2A Piper Cub prop animation no longer works (and I did a complete reinstall of everything).

The A2A C172 works perfectly (even with VC mipmaps now checked), except for the fact that its beacon light no longer works for me.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Update - the Estonian Migration Tool has now been updated so that it recognizes the P3D 2.1 installation.  

By using the new version, I was able to solve my problems with the two A2A products.  I manually removed all components of both Accu-Feel and the Aircraft Factory Uhu, then reinstalled both using the EMT.  Accu-Feel is now fully installed and appears on the Add-Ons dropdown menu.  The Uhu now has working nav lights.

I know others have reported success installing A2A products using a copy of fsx.exe (or a copy of p3d.exe renamed to fsx.exe) in the P3D folder.  But that's never worked for me.  The A2A installers are complicated and seem to insist on creating additional FSX folders on my P3D drive, in spite of being pointed to the P3D folder.  And as noted, both these product installs were incomplete.  Using EMT seems to resolve all the issues, on my system at least.

The A2A 172 worked on my 2.0 install using EMT.  I haven't yet tried it on any of the other A2A products.  But I will, and I'll report back.  

Thanks for the HU on the EMT and the report, that's great news and probably the new version of EMT will also solve similar issues with other addons.

Richard Åsberg

I have re-installed P3Dv2 to version 2.1 and updated EMT. Installed Ultimate Traffic 2 using the updated EMT. Install went ok but when loading P3Dv2.1 UT2 does not load up/inject AI? It was working before in P3Dv2. Can anyone else confirm if UT2 is compatible with P3Dv2.1?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The spitfire seems unable to load fluids, and as a result is unusable.

-stefan

As an update on this, the spitifire is able to load fluids if you don't apply the 1.6 accusim patch, however it's still completely unusable as it's impossible to open the shutters, even with the shift menu, and as such it overheats within a few minutes.  Gear also does not come up, and the propellor doesn't spin properly (which just seems cosmetic for the prop.  Gear affects flight dynamics though.)

-stefan

The A2A C172 works perfectly (even with VC mipmaps now checked), except for the fact that its beacon light no longer works for me.

I cannot edit my earlier post, so here's my update: No matter what I tried last night, the C172's beacon light would not work ... but when I fired up P3D2 tonight, the beacon was working again!!?? I have no idea what happened, as I hadn't made a single change in any of the settings. Perhaps the bulb had burn out and my mechanic fixed earlier today. :) Unfortunately the Cub's prop still does not spin.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

UT2 is running fine without any problem in P3D V2. The ACs do not produce any shadow but that isn't an issue of P3D.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

The Milviz C310R and B55, were fully functional in P3D2, but in P3D2.1 the GPS is only marginally functional.  Used the EMT tool, updated in the case of V2.1, in both cases.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Aersoft Mega Airport Barcelona X worked without problems installed with EMT in v2.0, but in v2.1 (installed with the updated EMT for v2.1) not working anymore sim wont start anymore. :(

I have re-installed P3Dv2 to version 2.1 and updated EMT. Installed Ultimate Traffic 2 using the updated EMT. Install went ok but when loading P3Dv2.1 UT2 does not load up/inject AI? It was working before in P3Dv2. Can anyone else confirm if UT2 is compatible with P3Dv2.1?

Just reinstalled UT2 in 2.1 and all good.

UT2 is running fine without any problem in P3D V2. The ACs do not produce any shadow but that isn't an issue of P3D.

Agreed

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Revisited Real Air Citabria with 2.1; some gauges are not displayed in the VC.

Revisited also Real Air Duke Piston; works fine in 2.1 also.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Installed the Sibwings AN-2 in 2.1 using EMT - works well.

Aersoft Mega Airport Barcelona X worked without problems installed with EMT in v2.0, but in v2.1 (installed with the updated EMT for v2.1) not working anymore sim wont start anymore. :(

I tested it on my full install (non patch) of 2.1 and it seems to be working ok for me.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I had the Just Flight Duchess working in 2.0 and it works in 2.1.  But, for some reason, the rear port door is missing.  You can see it close from inside but outside it's gone.  It's still seems to fly OK and I will use it for skydiving!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale