Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Q400 Update PILOT/PRO Editions

Folks....from the flight deck again,

We know its been a few weeks since we have been able to give a quick rundown of what's been happening behind the scenes.  The developers have been putting in many many hours as we work on the PRO Edition, and the "Beta Team" has just been sent a new beta of the upcoming version 1.008 for further testing.

As for the PILOT Edition, we have not not been neglecting this project either.  We have been working on getting most of the bugs that have been reported fixed and tested.  When the Beta team is satisfied with the changes/fixes an installer will be released.

Here are some of the chenages/fixes that have been accomplished thus far:

FDE:

+Fixed the SAT indication reverting to ISA on repositions

+Replaced the turbulence model, added ground layer turbulence with strong winds

SYSTEMS:

+Fixed the VOR/DME/NDB ranges and the terminal/high altitude range switch

+Fixed the landing spoilers extension timing on touchdown

+Replaced the NAV/ILS type detection function

GAUGES:

+Fixed the clocks logic

EFIS:

+Drawing optimization by using a faster screens clearing function

+ND: No FMS flight plan will be present when ND in the ILS/VOR mode

+ND: DATA airports and nav will not be present when interlap with flight plan waypoints

APPS:

+cpan: W&B page will remember the last values entered

OTHER:

+Installer: Replaced the directX updater

+FSX Connector: Correcting the FSX AP Vertical Speed reversion when alt selected crosses current altitude

+Setting fuel flows via fsuipc (for XAcars)

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Fantastic, thanks Simeon  :cool:

Can't wait for this update!

Awesome. Probably the number one plane for flightsim....I had some bouncing issues but those are fixed now. And with a gauge downloaded for the library here no more problems with the doors. Really do think it holds the #1 spot

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm already a proud owner of the Q400. I do have one question though. I know it's been brought up a lot so I apologize if I cause some eyes to roll.

It's related to the FDE system you use. I know that it basically handles the FDE outside of FSX so you have more control/options/better simulation. However, this (here's the part where I put on my flak jacket and helmet) causes a "disconnect" between weather inside FSX and how it effects the aircraft. From my understanding, the Q400 basically (very basic) is almost in "slew" mode and the external FDE basically tells the plane where to go and what to do. 

Has there been a workaround/fix for this issue? If so, how did you do it? And if it's not implemented, but something you're focused on, how do you plan to incorporate it? Being FSX, I know there's a ton of limitations placed on devs because MS had no idea that people like you would ever attempt or even be able to accomplish what you've done. I just seem to get a "flying on rails" type of experience. OPUS DHM helps out, but I never really notice any real buffeting in nasty flying conditions.

Please don't take offense. I love the plane and plan to upgrade when available. It's just something I've always been curious about. I guess because the external FDE is such a unique aspect of the aircraft. I just don't understand it is all.

The Q400 has always properly been affected by wind speed and direction, the one thing it doesn't have currently is turbulence modeling - if you read the original post, they are adding that in this coming patch. So right now it does get affected by weather (icing and wind), but not turbulence - yet.

@Kerlix,

I won't go into the specifics of how the Q400 works via the FDE, but if you have a closer look at the video and some of the upcoming fixes, you'll see that turbulence modelling is being addressed for the upcoming ver. 1.008.  The aircraft however has always had the capability of reacting to weather phenomena (headwind, tailwind, crosswinds, temperature, etc) but the actual effect on the model was missing.

Now how we did it or are doing it, and its implementation are not topics that we care to openly share B) .  The plan however is that the outcome would be as close as possible to the effects that one should/would encounter during turbulent operations in the aircraft, thus hopefully having a satisfied user base.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Cheers

P3d support?

It will come.....when the testing has been completed

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Thanks for the response. And the implementation stuff.....no problem. Totally understandable. I'm glad to hear that something already great is being improved upon further.

Thanks for the response. And the implementation stuff.....no problem. Totally understandable. I'm glad to hear that something already great is being improved upon further.

We thank you for your kind words and support.

Banner_MJC8.png

Thanks for the update Simeon, I'm particularly happy about the introduction of turbulence!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already a superb add-on, but that feature was on top of my wish list :Praying:  Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest JustanotherPilot

Great product but what exactly does the video show, other than the mini landing lights panel, it looks the same as the current version, the night flight made it hard to pick up any new features, any chance of a day flight video?

@Kerlix,

I won't go into the specifics of how the Q400 works via the FDE, but if you have a closer look at the video and some of the upcoming fixes, you'll see that turbulence modelling is being addressed for the upcoming ver. 1.008.  The aircraft however has always had the capability of reacting to weather phenomena (headwind, tailwind, crosswinds, temperature, etc) but the actual effect on the model was missing.

Now how we did it or are doing it, and its implementation are not topics that we care to openly share B) .  The plan however is that the outcome would be as close as possible to the effects that one should/would encounter during turbulent operations in the aircraft, thus hopefully having a satisfied user base.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Cheers

It will come.....when the testing has been completed

Hey, is there a possibility of cockpit shadows in the pro version for fsx? Some one has mentioned it but I'm not sure if it"s true.

You should already have cockpit shadows.