Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

Hi rsrandazzo

Thank you for your explanations. I understand it well. And I hope you will find out how this kind of stuff (you are talking about) will work in X-Plane ;-)

Cheers

Franz

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

if 737 was the first aircraft, I think the servers would not hold the amount of downloads.

PMDG + X-PLANE = Best simulator with best planes

I have used X-Plane on the Mac platform since 1998. Earlier this year I added Windows 7 and FSX to my Mac for the sole purpose of using PMDG aircraft. In my opinion there are two technically advanced X-Plane Boeing airliners which approach PMDG aircraft in terms of complexity and quality:  Flight Factors 757 and 777. These are fine aircraft but not as fully functional or customizable at PMDG aircraft.  There is a huge void for complex, quality Boeing aircraft in X-Plane.

In my view the strongest candidates for a PMDG quality aircraft for X-Plane are the 737NG or the 747.  In a perfect world I would choose the 787 for X-Plane but I am not aware of any PMDG development on this aircraft and I doubt this would be a sandbox project. I look forward to the eventual release of a PMDG aircraft on X-Plane and  volunteer my services to beta test on Mac or Windows.

Dave Bernstein

X plane and P3D are the only platform that have a future, FSX is a dying product and unsupported.

THANKS PMDG :wub:

Look at this, I think this is pretty amazing for a light-simulation add-on. Love the cockpit shadows, love the smoothness on the instruments and control surfaces too. And, you can actually break the aircraft if you don't fly it properly! This just shows how much potential this platform has. Can't wait for a PMDG aircraft! 

The litmus test for purchasing X-Plane (or any flight sim platform for that matter) is whether PMDG or similar quality aircraft will be available for it.  I am very intrigued by X-Plane, especially now that PMDG is on board, and I will probably purchase X-Plane once PMDG's first project is available for it.  FSX isn't going to last forever, and unless P3D opens up to more casual simmers, then I guess X-Plane appears to be the most promising successor long-term.

I also have to say, as a Mac OS X user, I am pretty stoked at the possibility of flying a PMDG aircraft without having to reboot into Windows!

--

Chris Parrott

After having many problems with fsx I decided to ditch it and try the x plane demo. I was very impressed except for the audio which seemed to be of a much power quality with choppy transitions of power where you could here the different audio files being played kind of like auto tune. Is this a limit of. X plane or is this just a fault of the demo version and more applicably, will the pmdg products for x plane have this problem?

After having many problems with fsx I decided to ditch it and try the x plane demo. I was very impressed except for the audio which seemed to be of a much power quality with choppy transitions of power where you could here the different audio files being played kind of like auto tune. Is this a limit of. X plane or is this just a fault of the demo version and more applicably, will the pmdg products for x plane have this problem?

Byt Fly J Sim 727 and you will have an eargasm! Its the best i have heard so far!

Good luck PMDG with your develeopment for X-Plane. I have abandoned FSX and P3D V2 looks like garbage with old tech, i will never go there. I Laugh everytime there is a new Tweak guide topic (every 5 min) in their forums.

In my business, I build cockpits for a living, so I'm supposedly neutral in any FSX, P3D and X-Plane debate.

However I certainly have some some personal thoughts...

• I would love to see PMDG succeed in their efforts to bring out an aircraft/many aircraft for X-Plane particularly because in the multi-computer flight simulator arena, my experience is quite simple: X-Plane seems to be much more stable when computers depicting simultaneous different views are linked together in a cockpit setup.
  • I am also uncomfortable with with the never-ending P3D licensing "wink-wink nudge nudges"  - presumably determined by desires conflicting with license terms. 
  • The X-plane hierarchical file system and lack of registry usage makes for a far more logical and easier-to-debug Flight simulator.

So, if the big cheeses at PDMG (Mr Randazzo and Co.) somehow get to read this, this is yet another vote for an X-Plane compatible PDMG aircraft. 

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit builder)

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit Designer and Flight Simulator Hardware Supplier)

Cape Town

http://davebritzius.com

The litmus test for purchasing X-Plane (or any flight sim platform for that matter) is whether PMDG or similar quality aircraft will be available for it.  I am very intrigued by X-Plane, especially now that PMDG is on board, and I will probably purchase X-Plane once PMDG's first project is available for it.  FSX isn't going to last forever, and unless P3D opens up to more casual simmers, then I guess X-Plane appears to be the most promising successor long-term.

I also have to say, as a Mac OS X user, I am pretty stoked at the possibility of flying a PMDG aircraft without having to reboot into Windows!

--

Chris Parrott

I think so too, although the main problem with P3D is not whether it's open to casual simmers. Nobody cares about that. For me personally the issue would be the price, PMDG are certainly going to ask $200+ for their add-ons. If I had the money, I would buy it if I P3D was the only sim out there, but I simply don't have it. Even if I did XPlane would be my nr. 1 choice simply because it is technically ahead of P3D and has fewer limitations.

I think X-Plane got some hidden gems to be discovered yet...some 3PD are now developing a 737-300 for X-Plane and are using custom plugins to enhance the flight model, ground friction model, ground effect model, engine model etc...and they state that their plane simply behaves like the REAL one (I'm taking their word for it) and I'm pretty sure PMDG will be no exception.

X-Plane community has a huge void in regards to quality Boeing add-ons (up to the level of PMDG ones), and with a popular product like the 737 NGX taking full advantage of X-Plane's power it will encourage many FSX loyal fans to give XP10 a try and see what it can really deliver as a flight simulator.

Eagerly awaiting for the first XP10 project! and thank you PMDG for all your great work!

X-Plane community has a huge void in regards to quality Boeing add-ons (up to the level of PMDG ones), and with a popular product like the 737 NGX taking full advantage of X-Plane's power it will encourage many FSX loyal fans to give XP10 a try and see what it can really deliver as a flight simulator.

Definitely!!!  With the latest images I've been looking at for the new HD mesh and SkyMaxx stuff, if PMDG released the NGX for X-Plane today, I'd be going to X-Plane tonight!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Look at this, I think this is pretty amazing for a light-simulation add-on. Love the cockpit shadows, love the smoothness on the instruments and control surfaces too. And, you can actually break the aircraft if you don't fly it properly! This just shows how much potential this platform has. Can't wait for a PMDG aircraft! 

A 737-300 for X-Plane. Very nice sound and simulation quality.

Ken Stango

100% agree! The IXEG 737 looks great and is still not finished and will surely be a must have. I'm really looking forward to what PMDG can do in X-Plane and hope they'll release the 777 in the not to distant future.

Alaister Kay