Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

I hope PMDG will produce the T7 for X-plane. After using MSFS for many years I've switched it to X-plane recently and the PMDG T7 looks like it would fit perfect in my hangar!

Bought X-Plane 10 a while back. For now still flying FSX and PMDG 737-800NGX due to the lack of good planes in X-Plane. There are a few promising projects but both have been developed for a long time already and no information on when they will come out.

XP10 is as so many said a great platform, it looks great and performs like a dream compared to FSX partly because of the 32-bit limitation in FSX. I'm not going to tech here and talk about the memory internals in the os but we will get so much more out of modern hardware with XP10. And the lack of good planes on X-plane is the reason why I rarely fire up XP, it's almost always FSX and the 738.

Really looking forward to this product.

Bought X-Plane 10 a while back. For now still flying FSX and PMDG 737-800NGX due to the lack of good planes in X-Plane. There are a few promising projects but both have been developed for a long time already and no information on when they will come out.

XP10 is as so many said a great platform, it looks great and performs like a dream compared to FSX partly because of the 32-bit limitation in FSX. I'm not going to tech here and talk about the memory internals in the os but we will get so much more out of modern hardware with XP10. And the lack of good planes on X-plane is the reason why I rarely fire up XP, it's almost always FSX and the 738.

Really looking forward to this product.

Lack of Good Planes? You really need to revisit XPlane then and take a serious look at what is offered. I can accept the crappy atc,AI, seasons, etc, but XPlane does have some quality planes nowadays. 

Boeing 757 Professional http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=518

727 Series 200Adv http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=432

LES SAAB 340A http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/take-command-saab-340a-p-100.html

Airbus A320 Neo http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=436

Carenado XP http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Categories?category=by+Designer%3ACarenado

Alabeo http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Categories?category=by+Designer%3AAlabeo

I've been looking at the 757, the A320 Neo I've read a lot about and not quite convinced with it yet. I love my 738, so looking for something similar, the 757 might be good, but it's not a PMDG. So at the moment I'm flying with FSX when I really want to fly and trimming my Xplane so it's ready when I find a plane I like.

All comes down to preferences and what you want to fly, the IXEG looks very promising and as soon as x737 get their VC ready it's suitable. As I'm only flying on my PC I really want the virtual cockpit. The home cockpit build we are doing is using x737 and Xplane, but that one does not need a VC so it's different.

I'I love my 738, so looking for something similar, the 757 might be good, but it's not a PMDG. 

I love my PMDG planes and I own them all, but I also recognize that they are not the only quality 3PD. You really should try out a few others you may be surprised.

I found P3D to be inadequate and severely lacking in advancements.

I intend to cut-over to X-Plane at the release of either IXEG's classic, or any PMDG product release, whichever comes first. Looking forward to and hoping there will be a PMDG presence in the X-Plane simulation environment.

I'm sure everyone's seen the default night environment in X-Plane. Wow! Now all that's needed are quality aircraft to fly in the platform. Cue PMDG.

Where are you at with X-Plane? I don't expect very far at all (due other commitments), otherwise we'd have an update by now, 4 months on.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

The lack of updates is a bit worrying. I think P3D might be sucking up a lot of their time as that's where the big money will be. I tried it and was disappointed however. X-plane is much more realistic with regards to flight dynamics.

I highly agree with that statement.  The lack of advancements is where I don't see the justification to migrate to P3Dv2 right now.  Yes, I may loose all the add-ons that I currently have for FSX (which I will keep installed and use regularly) going forward with XPX, but to invest in another sim that's still FSX at the core (over 8 year old code) just doesn't make much sense.  Not too mention the added confusion of the "Professional" licensing gong show...

When they decide to actually go 64bit and true multi-threaded, a platform that will truly utilize our new hardware, maybe then I'll have a much closer look at it.  But like LM said, all other add-ons would have to be re-compiled for a 64bit FS if they do go down that road.  I've decided to go down that road much earlier with XPX.

Again looking forward for PMDG's first XPX aircraft!

Cheers!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

The lack of updates is a bit worrying. I think P3D might be sucking up a lot of their time as that's where the big money will be. I tried it and was disappointed however. X-plane is much more realistic with regards to flight dynamics.

They haven't updated the P3D thread either, although the first quarter of the year is coming to a close which should mean an update soon. I suspect they update all the development at the same time.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I think I remember Rob said they have pending product news, but that they are waiting the release of the SP1 for the 777.  Just have patience... if PMDG release either their NGX or 777 on XPX, people will literally come in droves... yes, they are that good and known.  Once that momentum happens, do not be surprised to see sudden interest or increased interest by other big add on devs.

I highly agree with that statement.  The lack of advancements is where I don't see the justification to migrate to P3Dv2 right now.  Yes, I may loose all the add-ons that I currently have for FSX (which I will keep installed and use regularly) going forward with XPX, but to invest in another sim that's still FSX at the core (over 8 year old code) just doesn't make much sense.  Not too mention the added confusion of the "Professional" licensing gong show...

When they decide to actually go 64bit and true multi-threaded, a platform that will truly utilize our new hardware, maybe then I'll have a much closer look at it.  But like LM said, all other add-ons would have to be re-compiled for a 64bit FS if they do go down that road.  I've decided to go down that road much earlier with XPX.

Again looking forward for PMDG's first XPX aircraft!

Cheers!

P3D has been going through some growing pains, but I reckon by the time PMDG release on it in a few months it'll be quite decent and a big step up from FSX. Upcoming V2.2 already sounds a lot more promising in terms of resolving OOM and jitter issues plaguing initial releases.

In addition, I'm thinking P3D will have a bigger market share than XP10 due to the easier path from FSX for both simmer and developer, so for those developers who's primary platform is currently FSX, you'll be waiting a lot longer for an XP10 version of the same adds-on me thinks.

if PMDG release either their NGX or 777 on XPX, people will literally come in droves... yes, they are that good and known.  Once that momentum happens, do not be surprised to see sudden interest or increased interest by other big add on devs.

Dream on.

Uhuh. Apart from 64bit. What other advancements were you expecting?

I recently switched form P3D to X-Plane and while there are some disadvantages (Taxiway markings and ATC), I find the flight dynamics much more realistic.

My 2.5 cents...I really am hoping for the 737, but the 777 and 747 would also be great additions to XPlane, even thought there are already pretty good 777 and 747's. The 737NG, however, is not really there in XPlane, there isnt one for the hardcore simmer. The x737 is nice, but its not like the PMDG one....I may be just 14, but I want an aircraft thats fully functional. Then if the pilot of my flight ever has a heart attack, i can step in and save everyone ;)

A major conference hosted by Aerosoft just finished. Anyone know if PMDG presented anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."