Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

I'd love that to be honest. Something that I don't already (roughly) know how to fly

I would too, but I think it will be a  $$$ risk as most of  PMDG's user base desires to see some Magenta. 

I, too, am anticipating that the DC-6 is going to be announced for X-Plane. Or, at least, I'm really hoping that we'll see a cross-platform DC-6. The LES DC-3 is one of my favorite aircraft for X-Plane and it'd be great to see PMDG deliver a highly-detailed and complex simulation of its big brother. Just look at that cockpit!

Bear in mind that PMDG has stated that their X-Plane announcement will also include news of a second X-Plane project, so even if their first product is a vintage bird, there's a chance that their next offering will be something closer to the bleeding edge of technology and modernity. This would strike me as a great way to test the X-Plane waters--something for everyone. Hopefully we'll be hearing soon™.

I, too, am anticipating that the DC-6 is going to be announced for X-Plane. Or, at least, I'm really hoping that we'll see a cross-platform DC-6. The LES DC-3 is one of my favorite aircraft for X-Plane and it'd be great to see PMDG deliver a highly-detailed and complex simulation of its big brother. Just look at that cockpit!

Bear in mind that PMDG has stated that their X-Plane announcement will also include news of a second X-Plane project, so even if their first product is a vintage bird, there's a chance that their next offering will be something closer to the bleeding edge of technology and modernity. This would strike me as a great way to test the X-Plane waters--something for everyone. Hopefully we'll be hearing soon™.

17JUN14 - Scheduling and General Updates

PMDG Development for Xplane:

We are nearing completion on our first project for Xplane!  As we have previously mentioned, this project is designed to be a development catalyst to help us learn how to work with that platform more effectively- and it has been a great exercise thus far.

We will be unveiling the project sometime in the next 60 days (estimated) and we will also announce the second project for Xplane at that time...

ETA: 

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. NOT THE DC-6!

Has PMDG released a statement to this effect, or are you just sticking your fingers in your ears?

So apparently today is the day that we should be told what aircraft the project involves even if it's not ready, doesn't that seem reasonable or is it just me? I know that in my case I'll just be getting more annoyed with them as time goes on with no word given their commitment to tell us. How long that annoyance is allowed to grow influences any decision to purchase in my case.

Has PMDG released a statement to this effect, or are you just sticking your fingers in your ears?

Pretty much just the latter. I'm fairly sure it will be the DC-6. Just don't want it to be.

So apparently today is the day that we should be told what aircraft the project involves even if it's not ready, doesn't that seem reasonable or is it just me? I know that in my case I'll just be getting more annoyed with them as time goes on with no word given their commitment to tell us. How long that annoyance is allowed to grow influences any decision to purchase in my case.

I'm hoping that we'll hear something today as well. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I've got to work all day today, so I can't sit around furiously F5ing my browser. Waiting for news can be annoying indeed, but I imagine that whatever PMDG delivers will be worth the wait and a boon to X-Plane as an advanced simulation platform.

Pretty much just the latter. I'm fairly sure it will be the DC-6. Just don't want it to be.

Remember: when PMDG's X-Plane announcement does finally come, it should be for two separate products. Even if you don't like the classics, I'd hazard a guess and say that chances are good that at least one of the projects will be something with a glass cockpit.

Hopefully there will be some news today, not like we're asking for a release date.

I'm pretty sure the team is busy working on 777 sp1 fixes right now. If that's not fixed, then 777 users will be angry. Bug tracing takes a long time. If they don't release XP10 news today then everyone else isn't happy. Let's give them a break! I'm dying to know what PMDG has up their sleeve, but let's give them time. Anyway, Flight Factor is supposed to announce their next project this weekend or Monday/Tuesday at latest...

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

I'm not angry with them in the slightest, they can do what they want. I am massively keen to throw my wallet at them at the next available opportunity though, I've not looked forward this much to something on a flight sim since x plane went 64bit