Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

A major conference hosted by Aerosoft just finished. Anyone know if PMDG presented anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They are not mentioned here (so they probably did not participate):

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Special-Thema-215651/Specials/12-FlightSim-Konferenz-Flugsimulatormesse-1115476/

No, they weren't there, although there was the 10.30 announcement, most exhibitors were for FSX.

Are we able to update to 10.30 yet? The last time I tried it only went to 10.25......

fingers crossed for the 737NGX, it is such an awesome airplane!

Are we able to update to 10.30 yet? The last time I tried it only went to 10.25......

fingers crossed for the 737NGX, it is such an awesome airplane!

10.25 is still the newest version, but the first 10.30 beta should be out in the next couple of months (hopefully).

Got the PMDG 737 for FSX....great aircraft, now i hope EVEN MORE that it comes to x-plane!

The avsim, VATSIM's community are always talking about migration, no matter what is your latest hardware, we can't improve performance, FSX just don't manage your hardware period.

I'm trying to use P3D with the migration tool, I can't have a long range flight without an unexpected crash.

So I bought XP10, now I'm only flying with Carenado aircrafts, the only ones I think it worth to buy and I think the community share the same opinion. X-Plane will grow fast and have more user and bigger community after PMDG joining them. I don't know in numbers, but from what I see 90% of the Vatsim use PMDG products. We don't have much add-ons on XP10 because they don't have enough users for it.

I hope that XP10 give the proper support to PMDG to build their planes as fast as they can, it's beneficial to everyone. Both companies and the users.

Another thing that I want to ask PMDG, if you discontinue like FSX and open the aircraft source code on Github, so the community can port that into other platforms like P3D or keep and maintain for FSX users?

I don't think they actually have any Boeing proprietary code in their codebase, even if, it could easily be excluded.

It would be extremely unsound as a business decision though....

It would be extremely nice to get an update from PMDG on how the XP10 version is coming along. My daily routines now include checking two threads, this one and the status of the 737 classic IXEG is creating.

I already have xp10 ready to go and it is beautiful, but I love my NGX so I always find myself flying in fsx when time allows.

It would be extremely nice to get an update from PMDG on how the XP10 version is coming along. My daily routines now include checking two threads, this one and the status of the 737 classic IXEG is creating.

I already have xp10 ready to go and it is beautiful, but I love my NGX so I always find myself flying in fsx when time allows.

Would be nice to know as I'm sure there are a few simmers who are holding on to a PMDG release/announcement that won't give any other 3PD a chance to see what XPX can offer.

Yea, it really would be nice to know what the status of the project is....I have FSX and the PMDG 737NGX but i still like X-Plane 10 a lot more...

I'm putting my hopes in IXEG. Not only do they look like they have the passion and commitment to pull off an excellent simulation, they actually seen to respect their fan base and respond to their questions.

I really hope they bring out something to beat PMDG and make them realise they aren't in a league of their own.

I think the lack of competition has made PMDG a bit too arrogant.

The IXEG 737-300 is fantastic...i am confident they will expand it to the -400 and -500 as well, as not much has to be remodeled except for the airframe. I would be interested to see if they eventually do a NGX. The overhead panel in particulat is VERY VERY similar on the classic and NG series, which Boeing did on purpose for cominality. Also the throttle quadrant and pedastal is very similar. The only bg thing they'd have to re-do would be the airframe and the main panel in front of the pilots