Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG's XPlane 10 Development Fact Thread [Updated 25NOV13]

I mean FSX and about it's architecture, no matter how good is your hardware, you won't get good performance of it.

I mean FSX and about it's architecture, no matter how good is your hardware, you won't get good performance of it.

XP10 is a great simulator, I use the Aeorosoft CRJ, it's a great aircraft, but PMDG is highly needed to move to the platform!

never get good performance, are you for real?

You can get good performance or of FSX with some playing with cfg files, jumping on the band wagon I feel.

As is the way with these forums, plenty of opinion, but at the end of the day, until PMDG make some announcement, nobody knows anything.

I have FSX and xpx, I love the NGX as I suspect do all users who have it, I like the look of the iexg but until the final version is released, it is an unknown.

It all depends on what you want, ngx offers deep systems simulation as well as great flight characteristics, personally, I tried the JAR A320 and couldn't get it to work on my system, support tried to help and was very helpful but had to admit defeat, very frustrating, and for me (my opinion not fact), x737 is currently not a great plane at all, not even got a FMC so you can program proper routes etc, I know about XFMC and Javier ufmc, but it's another add on for the basics and this frustrates me.

I use xpx for vfr in the c172 and it's great for that, but I really want to see xpx deliver some quality before I retire FSX.

Steve Cox

Reading through these pages, I think many of you will be disappointed...

Upon completion of this project, we will evaluate the market demand and the Xplane platform's viability as a platform for future growth of our PMDG BAe JS4100, PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747-400v2.0 product lines with an eye toward making these products available to Xplane users.

...basically, it would seem they are working on something else than the above. My vote and logical choice would have been the 747 V2...but that's just me :wink:

Personally I think anyone who would cite the absence of one particular developer or aircraft from any platform as a reason not to adopt that platform needs to broaden their horizons, remove the blinkers as it were. One addon developer does not a good simulator make. Indeed if PMDG produce nothing for XP ever it will not diminish my personal enjoyment of the simulator even a little.

Now don't get me wrong, I would like to see them develop for the platform, that could only be a good thing but sooner or later will come some group who equal or surpass the PMDG level of fidelity,  who will then become the standard whence all others are judged. It is in PMDG's interest to be that group themselves and not to cede ground to another lest they become an also ran.

It's quite surprising that they are not more forthcoming than they have been given that they must be aware that updates on their progress, assuming they are fully committed to a project which in itself is a less than sturdy assumption, would generate a buzz that they would be able to literally capitalise upon in time. The silence is deafening and whilst I'm sure it can sustain one thread I'm equally sure that a little teaser would call many more into existence across the community.

The fact that numerous people have said they go where PMDG goes... shows that reality is quite possibly different than the  opinion of "One addon developer does not a good simulator make."  I fully believe a simulator can be oozing with potential... and would clearly be the best simulator... BUT is lacking certain add ons that are preventing it from being truly exceptional.  In this sceneario, even one add on developer, especially with the reputation of PMDG, absolutely can make a simulator that much better. 

I know many of you think otherwise, and that is fine, but I lend more credibility to opposing views if you have actually experienced and flown PMDG add ons for a signfiicant amount of time. (I know some of you may have... but many of you likely have not).  Anyone can watch a youtube video and say "I don't see what is special."  If you have used PMDG then fine...  if you have not, how do you even begin to make value statements about the quality of their product(s)?

-Phil

The fact that numerous people have said they go where PMDG goes... shows that reality is quite possibly different than the  opinion of "One addon developer does not a good simulator make."  I fully believe a simulator can be oozing with potential... and would clearly be the best simulator... BUT is lacking certain add ons that are preventing it from being truly exceptional.  In this sceneario, even one add on developer, especially with the reputation of PMDG, absolutely can make a simulator that much better. 

I know many of you think otherwise, and that is fine, but I lend more credibility to opposing views if you have actually experienced and flown PMDG add ons for a signfiicant amount of time. (I know some of you may have... but many of you likely have not).  Anyone can watch a youtube video and say "I don't see what is special."  If you have used PMDG then fine...  if you have not, how do you even begin to make value statements about the quality of their product(s)?

-Phil

It's a pretty safe bet that since this is the PMDG Forum that 99% of the posters here own a PMDG product or two, so we know their quality and the quality of other addon makers. Quality in FSX is not a PMDG monopoly.

It's a pretty safe bet that since this is the PMDG Forum that 99% of the posters here own a PMDG product or two, so we know their quality and the quality of other addon makers. Quality in FSX is not a PMDG monopoly.

"Quality in FSX is not a PMDG monopoly."... What?  yes, obviously.  That would imply no other developers put out quality products.  That is not what I was referring to, and I would venture a guess no one would be stupid enough to make that claim.  I am challenging the assumption that a single developer cannot make a simulator great.  Before I purchased the PMDG NGX I was playing FSX on rare occasions... and the NGX single handedly made me dive all in.  So yes, for me it did make it a great simulator.  I will not dig up the threads, but I have read several people state they go where PMDG goes.  In their mind PMDG makes the simulator... this is what I am getting at. 

I find it interesting how some posters are posting in a PMDG forum via a thread that states PMDG will support X plane.  At first most posters are excited, yet lately several are trying to downplay PMDG.  It is quite silly, really.  Fortunately the amusement value is quite high :rolleyes:

Since early days of x-plane 10 I am waiting also for any (!) release of PMDG. FSX is banned from my computer a long time ago.

"Quality in FSX is not a PMDG monopoly."... What?  yes, obviously.  That would imply no other developers put out quality products.  That is not what I was referring to, and I would venture a guess no one would be stupid enough to make that claim.  I am challenging the assumption that a single developer cannot make a simulator great.  Before I purchased the PMDG NGX I was playing FSX on rare occasions... and the NGX single handedly made me dive all in.  So yes, for me it did make it a great simulator.  I will not dig up the threads, but I have read several people state they go where PMDG goes.  In their mind PMDG makes the simulator... this is what I am getting at. 

I find it interesting how some posters are posting in a PMDG forum via a thread that states PMDG will support X plane.  At first most posters are excited, yet lately several are trying to downplay PMDG.  It is quite silly, really.  Fortunately the amusement value is quite high :rolleyes:

"One addon developer does not a good simulator make" is a statement of fact, not a mere assumption. The addon developer adds on to the platform, the clue is in the name, the simulator already exists and it is either good or otherwise depending on your personal assessment of its merits.

I assume you can grasp that excitement is a transitory state and is easily replaced by frustration. PMDG's significance in the wider marketplace is again, a personal assessment and will differ from person to person, I fail to see the silliness here. You are it seems an easily amused soul Sir, good for you.

"One addon developer does not a good simulator make" is a statement of fact, not a mere assumption. The addon developer adds on to the platform, the clue is in the name, the simulator already exists and it is either good or otherwise depending on your personal assessment of its merits.

I assume you can grasp that excitement is a transitory state and is easily replaced by frustration. PMDG's significance in the wider marketplace is again, a personal assessment and will differ from person to person, I fail to see the silliness here. You are it seems an easily amused soul Sir, good for you.

No further value in arguing over semantics... We'll just agree to disagree.  And you are quite right... I am easily amused by default, but boy oh boy do flight sim enthusiasts enhance my amusement factor... exponentially.  Not referring to you specifically, but more of the drama saturated threads one reads on a daily basis :)  Would be enough to fuel a few seasons of As the World Turns.

So... back on topic, we are here to be excited about PMDG, right?  So... let the party continue  :ph34r:

if 737 was the first aircraft, I think the servers would not hold the amount of downloads.

I'm hoping it's a 737 too, for  'sandbox' likely only one variant, -700 or -800 playing it safe, though a -600 would eliminate the 'winglet or no winglet dilemma.' Other variants would then be added if demand is solid, which makes me think the sandbox is a 737, best case scenario a XP10 NGX (all 737-NG variants) would be a solid base to fund other aircraft.

Now that the first beta of 10.30 is out I hope that PMDG will let us know something in a reasonable amount of time.

By the way as we all are potential customers a soon-to-be-posted message, where they let us know that their first project for X-Plane is still alive, would be more than welcome.

As long as they don't say they stopped development, you can be pretty sure work for X-Plane continues. But it's probably not exactly a priority right now, so it might still take a while.

Well you can risk it will be a x-plane 11 before release.

but i think 10.35 is minimum out before pmdg have made a plane.

off corse hope that xpx and xp 11 is not as worse as fs9 fsx as when developers stop making for older version.

I am going to sit back for the time being and wait and see what happens. I need to drop cash on a newer PC before I make any considerations for XP or P3D. But from the look of things, I will be going XP.

Yeah, would be nice to have some news. It's been 7 months. Not holding my breath though.